(Topic ID: 41133)

Another Jpop Pinball Announced??

By theBRAIN

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 11 years ago

For all we know, he is doing a design for another company on this Alice game.

#84 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisVW:

I see this argument frequently now, usually in regards to JJP but now appearing for JPop as well. Allow me to play devils advocate for a minute... . at every company I've worked for we need several products staggered in different stages of development to ensure a constant release cycle.
    Apple doesn't do R&D on iPhone4, start manufacturing and ship the product before starting R&D on iPhone5. (Yes I know they don't take preorders a year in advance but that is irrelevant to my point).
    Stern usually has 3-4 if not more games in various stages of development at any one time to ensure a steady release cycle.
    I believe this is why we are seeing companies take multiple preorders staggered 6-12 months apart. Yes initially there will be a long wait for the first in the series to ship but they probably couldn't survive the ramp up costs if developing serially.

Yes. But that's because every company has a team of different folks that work on different stages of the product. It doesn't make sense for the hw design person to be idle because the product didnt ship yet waiting on the software guys. But in JPOP case, the company is him. None of the other games are fully designed and waiting on other parties. It makes sense for him to work until he is no longer busy on the current products before venturing off onto other things. Hopefully JPOP can chime in here.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-jpop-pinball-announced?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.