6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by zizzlemeplease
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    image.jpg

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #50 6 years ago

This is not about JJP get over it!
    The brain I too would be shocked to see orders without seeing some games first.

#51 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Has Jack ever really "set a date"? He has on a few occasions suggested he might be ready around a certain time, but I don't think he's ever, definitively said, "We will ship on X", which is why he's never had to apologize. I don't think he's ever promised anything yet.

Jack has most certainly set dates.

Iceman posted yesterday about looking at his original invoice with the payment schedule, which included the last payment being made in December 2011 (yes, 2011!) "as production begins".

#52 6 years ago

If I totally had the money, I'd totally go for it. Totally!

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Jack has most certainly set dates.
    Iceman posted yesterday about looking at his original invoice with the payment schedule, which included the last payment being made in December 2011 (yes, 2011!) "as production begins".

.... aaaaaaaand it did begin, but I'm pretty sure he can't ship them until some production has completed!

#54 6 years ago

Thats funny. Cool theme though. I'll give Jpop one thing, he has cool taste for themes. Now if we could just see a real game instead of just more great ideas.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

.... aaaaaaaand it did begin, but I'm pretty sure he can't ship them until some production has completed!

lol!

Touche'!

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Please. JPop is hardly getting a free pass. I posted my reasons for getting out, and many of those reasons were listed by others in this thread (RareHero and PinballHelp). Any time a BHZA thread or post is made, there are always people who post about their doubts regarding that project.
    Most of the criticism of JJP tends to focus around the ridiculous dates set by Jack, which are missed again and again.

Rob,
    Did you bail on BHZA?

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Rob,
    Did you bail on BHZA?

Yes I did, a couple of months ago.

When the day comes that it is released, I will probably regret that decision, but regardless, it was the right decision for me at the time.

#58 6 years ago

All this pre-order stuff is the real pinball bubble that's ready to pop. If any one of these 2+ year wait games drops and turns out to be a lemon, people are going to hold onto their money like it was... well, money. The whole business model would be in huge danger of folding overnight.

#59 6 years ago

Zombies are cool/creepy fun. Alice, not so much. Not going to be tempted by this one. I'll stick with thoughts of acquiring Star Trek and Hobbit.

#60 6 years ago

WOZ is gay but AIW is cool?

Nobody has ever asked you if you were a 'friend of Alice', have they?

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisVW:

He has mentioned wanting to make this game a few times now.

Hey Chris as an owner of both Jpop games had he mentioned this game to the owners in the secret forum and discussed any concerns for delays with progress completing MG & BHZA?
    I don't think it would be a NDA issue to ask...so when do you expect MG & BHZA to be completed?

#62 6 years ago

Sweet another title I can get the better half to buy. Free up some funds in my pinball cache for other machines =)

If this is true you just made her dreams come true. Pinball dreams anyways would be WOZ AIW Muppets or anything Jim Hensen (fraggle rock etc). Or anything Bruce Campbell.

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

*Christmas 2013* really?
    what about those 2 other games?

Don't get me wrong I think JPop is one of the best designers out there and do want all his projects to have success. However, this whole announcing Pins to be made in the future and taking deposits for them before delivering what had already been promised to other pinheads needs to stop.

It's hard enough for a new manufacturer to get their first pin(s) out why not just focus on that and worry about announcing the next one after it is complete. Unless you need money from those deposits to complete the first project and if that is the case then something has gone wrong with the initial business model's execution or it was flawed in the first place.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Don't get me wrong I think JPop is one of the best designers out there and do want all his projects to have success. However, this whole announcing Pins to be made in the future and taking deposits for them before delivering what had already been promised to other pinheads needs to stop.
    It's hard enough for a new manufacturer to get their first pin(s) out why not just focus on that and worry about announcing the next one after it is complete. Unless you need money from those deposits to complete the first project and if that is the case then something has gone wrong with the initial business model's execution or it was flawed in the first place.

Exactly.

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from theBRAIN:

Hey Chris as an owner of both Jpop games had he mentioned this game to the owners in the secret forum and discussed any concerns for delays with progress completing MG & BHZA?
    I don't think it would be a NDA issue to ask...so when do you expect MG & BHZA to be completed?

Hi Brain,

I haven't heard anything about delays on either game. I think the dates estimated in the payment schedules were just that, estimates. Honestly, as much cool stuff as John keeps adding...I'm not going to be the one to say stop. I think a game only feels delayed when you stop seeing progress and this has certainly not been the case for either game.

I remember John mentioning Alice on the spooky pinball podcast last year (March 2012 I think), I've also talked to him about it before so it was no surprise.

As Mr68 already mentioned in another topic protos are well underway, so soon I think...

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

So MG and BHZA have been put in the database? Nobody even has a picture of these games. When there isn't even an image of the game, should it be put in the database??
    Can one of you guys get John to at least submit an image for the database?

Pretty sure John has shown preliminary backglass art for BHZA. Not sure about MG. I've seen art for both games. It's out there.

As for Alice in Wonderland. All I can say is that there was talk of another group looking to do a Zombie themed game and I'm sure that did not sit well with John and company. I don't think it's happening anymore, but this latest announcement from John for Alice is most likely just his way to call "dibs" on the theme.

#66 6 years ago

Maybe it's for Stern? Remember the whole "Alice" thing on sterns Facebook page? Everyone thought it was Resident Evil but maybe it's this?

#67 6 years ago

Jpop isn't seeking deposits for games. He has delivered very cool progress on bhza. He is keeping us in the loop and seeking our input and bhza looks amazing. This is a different business model. That doesn't mean it is bad. Jpop set up a website and said here is what I want to do and if 130 or so people agree to this price, the project will happen. Like a kickstarter or an artist seeking patrons to fund an upcoming project. This is good for pinball not bad. We get a great designer making what he wants to make without compromise. Alice is an annoucement by the company of an upcoming project to keep people interested in case they missed bhza or didn't like the theme. He isn't seeking money to fund the current projects.

#68 6 years ago

That date of 1 JAN 14 is in there because the database makes you add a release date and that one is in the future and as generic as I can think of. I have no idea what the actual date is supposed to be. All I know is it will be correct when the game finally comes out.

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

jpop is a member of pinside, right?

Yes, he has posted here. Jpop

LTG : )

#71 6 years ago

Super-excited!

Not about AIW, but because this means the announcement of JPop #4 is that much closer.

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Yes, he has posted here. Jpop

ok, i hope he's reading this and maybe we can get some infos.

#73 6 years ago

Wouldn't it be good if he finished the game he's taken 16K deposits for first?
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#74 6 years ago

Wouldn't it be good if he finished the game he's taken 16K deposits for first?
    --
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

I see this argument frequently now, usually in regards to JJP but now appearing for JPop as well. Allow me to play devils advocate for a minute... . at every company I've worked for we need several products staggered in different stages of development to ensure a constant release cycle.

Apple doesn't do R&D on iPhone4, start manufacturing and ship the product before starting R&D on iPhone5. (Yes I know they don't take preorders a year in advance but that is irrelevant to my point).

Stern usually has 3-4 if not more games in various stages of development at any one time to ensure a steady release cycle.

I believe this is why we are seeing companies take multiple preorders staggered 6-12 months apart. Yes initially there will be a long wait for the first in the series to ship but they probably couldn't survive the ramp up costs if developing serially.

image.jpg

#75 6 years ago

I do not mind the pre-orders it is the money for them that bugs me. Soon we will pay for a machine 2 years out and it will be the standard if we do not stop feeding this business model madness.

This is not specific to any company this comment is for any company listening...... knock your shit off and charge us for a game when you actually have a game to ship no sooner period.

The big boys could learn something from Skit-B's approach in regards to this.

#76 6 years ago

Come on guys, JJP, JPop,Heighway among others are all working on new on new platforms. Yes, they will take some time to get the first one out the door but after that they'll be quicker from there forward.
    This gives all of us many different games to pick from new in box or would we rather keep buying 20 year old games without all the new advances that we all should be expecting at the rising prices. Let's just cut them some slack enjoy what's going on and hope they can all turn out a title or two per year.
    We have a chance to see at least seven new titles this year, when was the last time that happened..

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from JoeinNJ:

We have a chance to see at least seven new titles this year, when was the last time that happened..

Got that right.

Exciting times for pinball. And we get to witness it.

I'd rather see the growth and explosion than the funeral.

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Nobody has ever asked you if you were a 'friend of Alice', have they?

I Googled this and am not sure what you mean.

#79 6 years ago

Google Friends of Dorothy.

#80 6 years ago

Friends with Dorothy = bumder

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from boo32:

Jpop isn't seeking deposits for games. He has delivered very cool progress on bhza. He is keeping us in the loop and seeking our input and bhza looks amazing. This is a different business model. That doesn't mean it is bad. Jpop set up a website and said here is what I want to do and if 130 or so people agree to this price, the project will happen. Like a kickstarter or an artist seeking patrons to fund an upcoming project. This is good for pinball not bad. We get a great designer making what he wants to make without compromise. Alice is an annoucement by the company of an upcoming project to keep people interested in case they missed bhza or didn't like the theme. He isn't seeking money to fund the current projects.

+100

#82 6 years ago
    Quoted from RudeDogg1:

Friends with Dorothy = bumder

Be careful, when the thought police figure out your joke, you will be convicted of a hate crime.

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

this whole announcing Pins to be made in the future and taking deposits for them before delivering what had already been promised to other pinheads needs to stop.

This happens because people pay these deposits. Once they stop doing that it will too. But i don't understand the fuss about this? Nobody is forcing anyone to pay up? What people do with their money is their business i should think.

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisVW:

I see this argument frequently now, usually in regards to JJP but now appearing for JPop as well. Allow me to play devils advocate for a minute... . at every company I've worked for we need several products staggered in different stages of development to ensure a constant release cycle.
    Apple doesn't do R&D on iPhone4, start manufacturing and ship the product before starting R&D on iPhone5. (Yes I know they don't take preorders a year in advance but that is irrelevant to my point).
    Stern usually has 3-4 if not more games in various stages of development at any one time to ensure a steady release cycle.
    I believe this is why we are seeing companies take multiple preorders staggered 6-12 months apart. Yes initially there will be a long wait for the first in the series to ship but they probably couldn't survive the ramp up costs if developing serially.

Yes. But that's because every company has a team of different folks that work on different stages of the product. It doesn't make sense for the hw design person to be idle because the product didnt ship yet waiting on the software guys. But in JPOP case, the company is him. None of the other games are fully designed and waiting on other parties. It makes sense for him to work until he is no longer busy on the current products before venturing off onto other things. Hopefully JPOP can chime in here.

#85 6 years ago

If he would use the Disney/Tim Burton version, I would really hope it has this song in it somewhere.

Chris

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

As for Alice in Wonderland. All I can say is that there was talk of another group looking to do a Zombie themed game and I'm sure that did not sit well with John and company. I don't think it's happening anymore, but this latest announcement from John for Alice is most likely just his way to call "dibs" on the theme.

Had Stern already called dibs on the theme?
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-project-alice

#87 6 years ago

Who the heck knows. One random post on Facebook and the community goes nuts. I love it.

Maybe they released the rights?

Chris

#88 6 years ago

Selling my AIW pre-order spot for 12k if anyone is interested!

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

Excellent question. This is getting funny.

Funny, no.

Ridiculous, yes.

For goodness sake, please deliver at least one game before announcing one or more to follow (not directed specifically at JPop; intended for all other pinball companies).

#90 6 years ago

If you have ever been sitting at a hotel bar and someone asks "Excuse me, are you a friend of Dorthy?", you have activated their gaydar.

Whenever you go on a cruse, look at the list of activities.

You will see "Friends of Dorthy". It sounds like some kind of memorial, but it is an activity for homosexuals. This keeps the older Republicans from knowing that there are gays on the ship.

#91 6 years ago

"Magic Girl" is the game I was referring to when I suggested finishing one first.
    http://www.pinballnews.com/news/popadiuk1.html

Not much news on MG. he may have moved on to a game supported by more talent than just himself.
    --
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Whenever you go on a cruse, look at the list of activities.
    You will see "Friends of Dorthy". It sounds like some kind of memorial, but it is an activity for homosexuals. This keeps the older Republicans from knowing that there are gays on the ship.

Ah, that's funny.

About the Alice-pinball: I don't think it's intended to be finished by the end of 2013, and certainly not before Magic Girl (would it be a retheme of Magic Girl? ).

1 year later
    #95 5 years ago
    Quoted from sven:

About the Alice-pinball: I don't think it's intended to be finished by the end of 2013, and certainly not before Magic Girl (would it be a retheme of Magic Girl? ).

Halfway through 2014. Any progress on either of Jpop's projects to report yet?

#96 5 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Halfway through 2014. Any progress on either of Jpop's projects to report yet?

...here we go....

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

...here we go....

#98 5 years ago

We signed a non-disclosure to never let anyone play them.

Kim

#99 5 years ago

Zzz, we already have a gay theme pinball....Captain Fantastic!

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

We signed a non-disclosure to never let anyone play them.
    Kim

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 22.50
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 445.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 114.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 129.00
    Lighting - Led
    LED OCD
    $ 35.95
    Playfield - Other
    MicksPinball
    $ 209.99
    $ 30.00
    $ 800.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 199.99
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside