6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by zizzlemeplease
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    image.jpg

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

I had not heard anything about this one.
    Alice in Wonderland Pinball *Christmas 2013*
    http://www.pinballinventor.org/games.html

#2 6 years ago

Very cool.
    I want a gnarly looking bug smoking a Hooka pipe!
    And a Cheshire Cat!
    This is one theme that could be very cool looking.

#3 6 years ago

*Christmas 2013* really?

what about those 2 other games?

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

*Christmas 2013* really?

Excellent question. This is getting funny.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

*Christmas 2013* really?

Maybe when the pre-order opens?

#6 6 years ago

I see Magic Girl being released first before Alice or BHZA.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

*Christmas 2013* really?

I love Jpop, but he might be smoking the same stuff JJP is!

#8 6 years ago

BHZA sure sounds cool! I wonder how far along they are on that game?

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I think he is great as well, but lets face it, he has lost his mind. Preditor will be out before all 3 of these games and that was designed by two guys in a basement.

#10 6 years ago

This could set the precedent for "10k by christmas"

#11 6 years ago

zombieland and magic girl both got added to the pinside database this morning, both say release date of 2014.. I'm curious how alice is going to come out before the other two? Is Xmas 2013 pre-order date?

http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/ben-hecks-zombie-adventureland
    http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/magic-girl

#12 6 years ago

I wonder why they say A.A. Amusements and not Zidware?

Still happy to have them acknowledged though... Thanks mods!

EDIT: ah, it's because Zidware isn't on the mfgr list. I updated the production count to 124.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Holy cow, no kidding. If I were still in on BHZA this would not make me happy at all. Another project with a due date at the end of *this* year? Think that might get in the way of BHZA? Where the hell is MG?

Crazy.

#14 6 years ago

Based on the way MG and BHZA were presold as design started the next game will probably follow the same formula.

Put your pitchforks away.

#15 6 years ago

My guess is that he's just announcing the title is coming and pre-orders start Christmas 2013.
    Killer theme btw.

#16 6 years ago

im so glad I didn't have any money last year for this

#17 6 years ago

Another pin that will look stunning but when??

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

My guess is that he's just announcing the title is coming and pre-orders start Christmas 2013.
    Killer theme btw.

Yeah, looking back at it, that makes a hell of a lot more sense!

#19 6 years ago

It does not say that it is a pre-order date.
    Did he announce a pre-order date for either MG & BHZA 10 months in advance?

#20 6 years ago

I got on the list. The theme & designer combo has great potential

#21 6 years ago

Got on a list for what?...is the game supposed to be completed for Christmas 2013?

#22 6 years ago

"Bernie Madhoff's Magic Adventure?"

#23 6 years ago

There is a mailing list link on the page along with pics of JPOPs original Alice game from 1991. No way a completed Alice will be delivered this year. JPOP likes for owners to be involved during development, this is most likely just a heads up what the third game will be so future owners can reserve some cash for when the game goes on pre sale...and possibly so another manufacturer doesn't start making an Alice in Wonderland game all of the sudden.

Also I'm pretty sure JPOP mentioned Alice during a spooky pinball interview in March of last year. He has mentioned wanting to make this game a few times now.

http://www.pinballinventor.org/games/wonderland/alice_1991.html image.jpg

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

BHZA sure sounds cool! I wonder how far along they are on that game?

Has it been announced who will be programming MG and BHZA? If so, has programming been started? Who will be doing full color art and animation for the displays? Have they started? Who's doing the audio?

#25 6 years ago

Shhhh... It's a secret.

#26 6 years ago

Great theme!!!

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Has it been announced who will be programming MG and BHZA? If so, has programming been started? Who will be doing full color art and animation for the displays? Have they started? Who's doing the audio?

Who cares? Programming is super easy. Anyone could do it! No concerns here at all.

#28 6 years ago

I heard it's sold out already

#29 6 years ago

WOZ is <edit>but AIW is cool?

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : No homophobic slurs on Pinside please.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I got on the list. The theme & designer combo has great potential

Was there an immediate deposit required to get on this list... or any panic to get on this list now without knowing the cost of the game, number of games that will be made rather than waiting to decide at the pre-order 10 months from now when we might know something about it?

#31 6 years ago

For all we know, he is doing a design for another company on this Alice game.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from theBRAIN:

Was there an immediate deposit required to get on this list... or any panic to get on this list now without knowing the cost of the game, number of games that will be made rather than waiting to decide at the pre-order 10 months from now when we might know something about it?

Nah, it's just a mailing list for info.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

WOZ is gay but AIW is cool?

Yup!

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisVW:

..and possibly so another manufacturer doesn't start making an Alice in Wonderland game all of the sudden

Interesting, maybe Stern had intended to do this title...
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-project-alice

#35 6 years ago

WOZ is gay but AIW is cool?

I was thinking the same thing. Folks that think one is and the other isn't have a hidden agenda that has nothing to do with the game.

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

I was thinking the same thing. Folks that think one is and the other isn't have a hidden agenda that has nothing to do with the game.

Nope JJP announces AIW and I am in!!

The girls watched WOZ and hated it. I had great memories but after watching it after years I hated it. Thats just how my house feels I know its the opposite for others. To me though the music is annoying and the theme does nothing.
    Now AIW is a trip and the kids liked the new version. Alice is pretty. The Mad hatter is cool and hopefully the music won't make me choke. But granted one wrong sound track and it could become just as bad.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Now AIW is a trip and the kids liked the new version. Alice is pretty. The Mad hatter is cool and hopefully the music won't make me choke. But granted one wrong sound track and it could become just as bad.

I doubt whoever it is will pay for the licensing to the recent Disney version of Alice, and instead will stick to the public domain stock Alice.

#38 6 years ago

I would't call it a list nor a pre-order at this point in time, but more of an acknowledgement of interest. It might give jpop a better idea if the title has demand.

I gave him my thumbs up!

-Mauro

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Nope JJP announces AIW and I am in!!
    The girls watched WOZ and hated it. I had great memories but after watching it after years I hated it. Thats just how my house feels I know its the opposite for others. To me though the music is annoying and the theme does nothing.

Okay, WOZ has dozens of tidbits fully integrated into the American psyche. (e.g. There's no place like home; I'll get you my pretty...; I'm melting!; Lions and tigers and bears, oh my; She's dead, you killed her; We represent the lollipop guild; Fly! Fly!; Toto too; Pay no attention...; etc. etc. That's just off the top of my head in one minute!) What are the equivalent AIW quotes? I mean, I can think of the characters, but all I can come up with quote-wise is Down the rabbit hole and Off with her head. Oh, and I'm late. And if JPop thinks the book being in public domain makes it fair game, I bet a gaggle of Disney lawyers will have something to say about that. They could bury him whether they are in the right or not.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

This is why it's ridiculous to compare JJP to JPop. JJP announced who his design team was before he took any orders from people, and the design team is a "who's who" of experienced industry people who have a track record of delivering games. JJP has been very open about his resources and progress of his game. Nobody really has any significant doubts that WOZ will be delivered; we've all seen pictures of the production facility, the games have showed up at festivals, we've seen videos of gameplay, etc.

JPop's operation, on the other hand, still remains a huge secret. I have no doubt that JPop is a great designer but it takes more than one person to produce a pinball machine. It takes a solid team of dedicated people.

Don't be hating on me because I'm merely being "the voice of reason" here. I hope MG and BHZA come out and everybody loves them, but from the vantage point of being on the outside, there doesn't appear to be much evidence that a lot is happening. Don't blame us if the topic comes up and we express our opinion. Everybody's entitled to their opinion.

Note that I'm not being a JPop hater or JJP fanboy. I'm just stating what's obvious. One group is very open about what they're doing and clearly demonstrating they have the resources to bring their product to market. Another group is requiring anyone who apparently knows anything to sign a non-disclosure agreement. It would be great if JPop would make some more public announcements about what's going on with the games. And if it's nobody's business but those who've pre-ordered, that's kind of a slight to the pinball enthusiast community don't you think? People want to know whats up? What's wrong with that?

#40 6 years ago

Edit…I don't really care : )

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Great theme!!!

I agree.

#42 6 years ago

And yet JJP gets all kinds of crap for taking as long as it takes, but JPop's top secret undermanned operation gets a free pass... Go figure.

Quoted from PinballHelp:

This is why it's ridiculous to compare JJP to JPop. ... People want to know whats up? What's wrong with that?

#43 6 years ago

Lame.

Finish the shit you start. Then start the next project.

#44 6 years ago

And yet JJP gets all kinds of crap for taking as long as it takes, but JPop's top secret undermanned operation gets a free pass... Go figure.

Please. JPop is hardly getting a free pass. I posted my reasons for getting out, and many of those reasons were listed by others in this thread (RareHero and PinballHelp). Any time a BHZA thread or post is made, there are always people who post about their doubts regarding that project.

Most of the criticism of JJP tends to focus around the ridiculous dates set by Jack, which are missed again and again.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Think that might get in the way of BHZA? Where the hell is MG?

If todays inclusions of MG & BHZA into the Pinside database ring true as not completed until 2014 then it will be the same bitter disappointment to see another pre-order situation as JJP's poor judgement about taking pre-orders without the completion of WOZ.
    This would be worse with both Jpop games incomplete while taking pre-orders on his third.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Please. JPop is hardly getting a free pass. I posted my reasons for getting out, and many of those reasons were listed by others in this thread (RareHero and PinballHelp). Any time a BHZA thread or post is made, there are always people who post about their doubts regarding that project.
    Most of the criticism of JJP tends to focus around the ridiculous dates set by Jack, which are missed again and again.

Has Jack ever really "set a date"? He has on a few occasions suggested he might be ready around a certain time, but I don't think he's ever, definitively said, "We will ship on X", which is why he's never had to apologize. I don't think he's ever promised anything yet.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Sorry, I'm not up on any criticism to date on JPop's boutique endeavor. Probably because I've never read a thread about it, while I've read dozens ripping on Jack.

And up til now Jack hadn't ever "set" a date, it was always him "hoping." Building thousands of games is a completely different kettle of fish than, what, 15? JPop's are to be non-commercial, aren't they?

#48 6 years ago

So MG and BHZA have been put in the database? Nobody even has a picture of these games. When there isn't even an image of the game, should it be put in the database??

Can one of you guys get John to at least submit an image for the database?

#49 6 years ago

WOZ is <edited> but AIW is cool?

No.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 163.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 50.00
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 189.99
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 125.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 28.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside