Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by SLeRiC
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jawspinad (resized).JPG
    jawspin (resized).jpg
    Stern Pinball My Litte Pony.png
    michaeljacksonfishing.gif
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    405677-i[1].png
    BensHead.jpeg
    10425846_10153357477259244_889190836474198775_n.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-298.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

Another hint at Jaws!image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Yeah, and hints at Smurfs, and Little Tykes and ....

#3 8 years ago

Events Center Pinball? Hmmm not really a theme I'm into but if the gameplay is good I might pick up a nice HUO down the road...

#4 8 years ago

You misread that. Its Michael Jackson.
    The poster is right there!

#5 8 years ago

Another TFTC? I mean, that IS the Crypt Keeper there, right?

#6 8 years ago

Gary on the Phone Pinball. That's my guess. Cheap license.

#7 8 years ago

Well that's proof. No way it's Jaws. If it were, it wouldn't be posted on FB. Has Stern really ever given a hint before?

#8 8 years ago

I would be a million times more excited for a MJ pinball than I would be Jaws, Iron Maiden or the other 20 outdated shit themes pinside clamors for on a daily basis

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from Taygeta:

I would be a million times more excited for a MJ pinball than I would be Jaws, Iron Maiden or the other 20 outdated shit themes pinside clamors for on a daily basis

Tell us how you really feel. Please don't hold back.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from Taygeta:

So you're saying a MJ theme isn't outdated? Really?

#11 8 years ago

Starbucks, The Pinball Experience

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Starbucks, The Pinball Experience

Starbucks is expensive enough now, imagine what the LE version would cost?

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

So you're saying a MJ theme isn't outdated? Really?

MJ is outdated and dead, but MJ as a theme would draw in a more diverse, younger crowd than Iron Maiden or Jaws. Chris Brown and other entertainers regularly cover and pay homage to MJ. One of the greatest entertainers of all time.

While OTOH Iron Maiden had a moment in the sun and now about 150 pinball collectors really want a pin for some reason. MJ, like ACDC and Metallica, still resonate today. IM...not even close.

Not hating on IM, I like their music, but there are few themes less relevant for a pinball machine in 2015

#14 8 years ago

Gary is on the phone, so obviously it's a sequel to Who Dunnit?

When I can see a picture of a real pinball machine let me know. Silly Facebook teasers are fine ... for Facebook. No need to start a new thread every time they ring a bell.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Taygeta:

MJ is outdated and dead, but MJ as a theme would draw in a more diverse, younger crowd than Iron Maiden or Jaws.

The only image MJ reminds people of these days is pedophilia.

That pin would bomb, like a Roman Polanski pin.

#16 8 years ago

I don't know when it happened, but all of a sudden I hate Stern. They are now the bitch girlfriend that constantly wants attention. Hey, look at us, we are here... our father touched us... you can too. It is starting to make me feel dirty.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

The only image MJ reminds people of these days is pedophilia.
    That pin would bomb, like a Roman Polanski pin.

That's what blows me away when Disney brought back Captain EO at Epcot.
    And that was right after all the controversy too!

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from spidey:

Well that's proof. No way it's Jaws. If it were, it wouldn't be posted on FB. Has Stern really ever given a hint before?

I am not supposed to post here on behalf of my role at Stern, but I have to drop this line and I will be on my way.

When the next title drops, I will go back and post several photos proving that I deliberately dropped hints in posts and photos over the previous several weeks/months. People will laugh. People will say "wow, how did I miss that". But i wont do it until the official announcement.

This week we are sharing behind the scenes photos from the 2015 Las Vegas Licensing Expo. Some of the booths Gary & Jody are just passing by and take a pic. Some of them are being considered for a title. Some of them off camera just had a deal signed. No-one will know for sure until a press release hits. Until then, all I can do is try to work in super secret hints and cross my fingers some of you are clever enough to see. Have fun.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I am not supposed to post here on behalf of my role at Stern, but I have to drop this line and I will be on my way.
    When the next title drops, I will go back and post several photos proving that I deliberately dropped hints in posts and photos over the previous several weeks/months. People will laugh. People will say "wow, how did I miss that". But i wont do it until the official announcement.
    This week we are sharing behind the scenes photos from the 2015 Las Vegas Licensing Expo. Some of the booths Gary & Jody are just passing by and take a pic. Some of them are being considered for a title. Some of them off camera just had a deal signed. No-one will know for sure until a press release hits. Until then, all I can do it try to work in super secret hints and cross my fingers some of you are clever enough to see. Have fun.

Pfff, like a real executive ..... sure it is gonna be EPIC tough

#20 8 years ago

Gary is making a long distance phone call. Johnny Mnemonic 2.

#21 8 years ago

I for one am enjoying the posts Jared, keep them coming. And I also say there is nothing wrong with throwing countless Red herring's in there to muddy the waters a bit.

#22 8 years ago

So all of you web sleuths with nothing better to do go collect all the pics from the past 6 months and piece together the common theme.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Sounds fun. I look forward to that.

#24 8 years ago

You're really reaching now, sir.

#25 8 years ago

Another hint was Game Of Thrones: Gary sitting in a Care Bears Chair?

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

This week we are sharing behind the scenes photos from the 2015 Las Vegas Licensing Expo. Some of the booths Gary & Jody are just passing by and take a pic. Some of them are being considered for a title. Some of them off camera just had a deal signed. No-one will know for sure until a press release hits. Until then, all I can do is try to work in super secret hints and cross my fingers some of you are clever enough to see. Have fun.

Come on Jared, you can tell us. We won't say anything

#27 8 years ago

Yeah, I'm thinking Game of Thrones:

Gary in Care Bears "throne" and Little Tikes pic refers to "Littlefinger":

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

Having fun speculating! Keep the pics coming!

#28 8 years ago

Looks like Gary has more of a tan than that Little Tykes car!

#29 8 years ago

You guys are all missing it. It will be a Vegas themed pin and Gary is talking to his bookie.

#30 8 years ago

Maybe it will be a Sharknado pin.

#31 8 years ago

Sharknado! Bring it!

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from AaronJames:

Another hint at Jaws!

He does look like Ben Gardner in the hole in the boat shot.

LTG : )™

#33 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Peter Dinklage is in this movie. Also in Game Of Thrones.

#34 8 years ago

I did not know Gary was a Brony.

10425846_10153357477259244_889190836474198775_n.jpg10425846_10153357477259244_889190836474198775_n.jpg

#35 8 years ago

Nope. The next game is Major License, The Pinball Adventure.

Start negotiations for Major Movie Franchise skill shot that sets level of hits for multi-ball in each mode (Easy, Medium, Hard, JK Rowling impossible level).
    Pop bumpers build up "Internet Good Will" bonus multiplier.
    Collect Movie Posters to start multi-ball and get license (drop targets only on LE and Premium Editions).
    Hit Actor icons targets to get license of likeness of all main characters to start Actor multi-ball.
    Hit Music notes stand-ups to Collect Franchise Music license.
    Kickback activated by multiple hits to "Positive Pinhead feedback at Expo" targets. When active, target now becomes "Negative Feedback" and only 1 hit need to deactivate kickback.
    Activate special pre-pay modes using ramps.
    Activate LE & Premium editions for higher jackpots.
    Get all licenses with all pre-pay modes to get into wizard mode of "Print Unlimited Money" which is toy likeness of Gary setting in a chair and gyrating like Sparky in Metallica with DMD animation of $$$$ raining down on him.

How about it? Who's in?

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

He does look like Ben Gardner in the hole in the boat shot.
    LTG : )™

I do see the resemblance.

BensHead.jpegBensHead.jpeg

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I sure hope it is not Angry Birds which has been in a couple of the hints.

see post #22 in this thread:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coded-message-on-sterns-facebook

405677-i[1].png405677-i[1].png
    #38 8 years ago
    Quoted from Taygeta:

MJ is outdated and dead, but MJ as a theme would draw in a more diverse, younger crowd than Iron Maiden or Jaws. Chris Brown and other entertainers regularly cover and pay homage to MJ. One of the greatest entertainers of all time.
    While OTOH Iron Maiden had a moment in the sun and now about 150 pinball collectors really want a pin for some reason. MJ, like ACDC and Metallica, still resonate today. IM...not even close.
    Not hating on IM, I like their music, but there are few themes less relevant for a pinball machine in 2015

Jaws is highly relevant and desired by ALL generations. Your info is a skewed to just popular late model stuff. Like I've said before, I know all ages toddlers to twenty something's that LOVE that flick, and they can recite tons of speech from it.

MJ? Maybe... He was the King of Pop. But I've emailed and spoke to Stern over the last two years on making Jaws.

#39 8 years ago

I'm going to take a guess that the Jaws poster is because Jaws is making a two day return to theaters this summer for its 40th anniversary. I don't know if that's enough hype to release a pinball machine around, though.

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from Taygeta:

Jesus juice multiball, I don't think so and to want MJ over Maiden is just foolish.

#41 8 years ago

Are all these hints Gary's doing or Jared's

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I'll go with Dr. Who.

#43 8 years ago

Tron Ve to be announced by Oct .All these are just swerves.......

#44 8 years ago

Richie and Sheats doing JAWS next year will be awesome. I'm in for a LE!!!

#45 8 years ago

I will go for an doctor who pin aswell! Its hot topic on facebook.. 226 likes in an couple of hours and rising! Excellent idea, dr who

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #46 8 years ago

Spidey vault hint right there.

Ock

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #47 8 years ago

Poor Gary, anything he stands near he has to theme a pinball around.

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from AaronJames:

Another hint at Jaws!image.jpg

Another thumbs down

#49 8 years ago

It's going to blow everyone's mind when Gary decides to combine Michael Jackson, with Jaws, and Jurassic World....

He's gonna call it "Lot's of J's" where you need to light up many J's to understand it.
    michaeljacksonfishing.gifmichaeljacksonfishing.gif

#50 8 years ago

I know... it's Angry Birds Star wars edition.

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-hint-at-jaws/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.