Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 8.31.11 AM - Edited.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 8.31.37 AM - Edited.png
    The Pinball Company _ Pinball and home game sales are surging_ Invest in the ind (resized).jpg
    ST (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20181114-084729_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 8.40.05 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Staff is everything in this field. You’d want to train your staff at head office for a year, then offer them a stake in the new branch to keep them on board.

Yes, this is a huge factor and risk. And Nic directly addresses it in the Q&A:

"It's all about hiring the right people. I'm worried that those people are going to be hard to find, and it's going to take more time than we thought to get those offices running the way that we want. Logistically, we can open those offices very easily, fill them full of product, and market them. But being able to provide a high level of service like we do now is going to be challenging.

And the Form C:

"Our future success depends of the availability of qualified pinball technicians in the major markets we service."

It is hard to find people that are qualified and want to work for the wages that are typically paid. One idiot service tech can cost you a ton of time and money.

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Any good tech knows they are better off working for themselves, and will probably have plenty of work via word of mouth.

I took my phone number off my web site. I still got calls. I now state on my web site that I'm not currently booking repairs and I still get contacted. Previous customers and word of mouth keep me as busy as I want to be. Back when I had all my contact info on my site I couldn't keep up with in-home repairs and maintaining the pins at my two locations. I did it for a year, then after the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year's rush one year I said the hell with it, took off my contact info, and cut way back on the number of in-home repairs I do.

One of the things that really made me stop is on Thanksgiving I had a guy call me on my home number, not my cell that I use for business, wanting his game fixed. He wasn't even a previous customer. Sorry buddy, no way am I ever fixing your game if you call me at my home number on freaking Thanksgiving.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-gofundme-the-pinball-company?tu=stangbat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.