Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 8.31.11 AM - Edited.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 8.31.37 AM - Edited.png
    The Pinball Company _ Pinball and home game sales are surging_ Invest in the ind (resized).jpg
    ST (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20181114-084729_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 8.40.05 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 5 years ago

I don't care if you did 7 million in sales last year. How much profit did you make? If you are profitable and sitting on such a gold mine, why can't you achieve funding through conventional means (like a BANK)? An MBA, a fancy suit, slick advertising, 200k Facebook followers and an expensive haircut does not make you a good businessperson.

#21 5 years ago

I didn't catch that...thanks. But again, why wouldn't he be able to get bank financing if everything is so rosy? Money is cheap right now.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I agree. I am not sure what his logic is or if he thinks he needs strategical partners. I personally would never do this but I dont knock those that do. Totally not my approach. I've grown my own business by my own efforts but I guess that's old fashioned. There is a competitor in my line of business that uses GoFundMe to gain capital to then profit and people go for it so what do I know. Haha

Your business model is tits, IMO. I was exploring doing something like that in my area...but I haven't found a local brewery interested in having operator-owned machines yet.

#34 5 years ago

So are they soliciting funds to expand their retail locations, or to finance another pinball machine project? The 460k outstanding debt isn't a huge deal. They may be keeping that ongoing for tax reasons.

#70 5 years ago

It's almost as if a vast technical knowledge of a niche market is something that will cost you money to have on hand... Shocking!

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gunske:

"It is hard to find people that are qualified and want to work for the wages that are typically paid."
    As a technician, I just laugh with this. They think we will fix there "million dollar shizzle" for 15€/hr, which is what they call "typically paid".
    These days more and more good techs, realize they are extremely valuable for a company and start to rightfully exploit it.

Any good tech knows they are better off working for themselves, and will probably have plenty of work via word of mouth.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-gofundme-the-pinball-company?tu=jodyg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.