IMG_2385 (resized).JPG
IMG_2383 (resized).JPG
IMG_2382 (resized).JPG
IMG_2380 (resized).JPG
IMG_2378 (resized).JPG
IMG_2377 (resized).JPG
IMG_2376 (resized).JPG
IMG_2374 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#420 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Thank you.
So I was lucky to grab an extra 3 of the 4 ramps from woody76 of pinballplating. I wanted a spare set to test out the look and ultimately the durability of powder coating the ramps. The plan is to Mylar the sides and bottom. I'm going to put the one original ramp (far left one) that didn't come in the set from woody in until I see the durability of the powder coated ones. If they hold up, I'll pull the left one and powder it. If the powder doesn't hold up, I'll ship my origonal set of to woody to be black chromed.
As they set from woody. There is coating on them woody was experimenting with that I have to blast off:

And blasted:

Powder shot and hung ready to cook:

Finally, cured and loosely sitting in place. I think they look incredible and follow the black pathe with the yellow border on the playfield perfectly. Now I just hope they hold up.

Nice powder setup. I was planning on that same compressor, how do you like it?

What kind of oven is that?

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Thanks man. I was able to pickup a playfield at pinfest and I have plastics so medusa is up after fathom.

That's the plan. We'll see how it holds up. I hope it does becuase I love the black look on the ramps.

That was the one I had in mind and why I went with black instead.

Thank you. I love the setup. The compressor performs perfectly. I have always wanted a large compressor. I got it for a great price which makes it even better. There are two versions, a 60 or 80 gallon tank. Mine is the 80gallon version. When running the blast cabinet wide open (it is an air hog) it holds 100lbs no problem. I have never had to pause and let it recover.
The oven was another killer deal I got locally but it is a quasi-commercially built one versus a lot of the home brew ones on eBay. It's built by the fab shop out of Minnesota. They have them listed on eBay from time to time. It's a duel burner with full pid controllers to both burners and the ability to go one burner if you only need to maintain a prolonged temp. It gets up to 400 degrees in about 10 minutes which is amazing considering the size of box it's heating. Very happy with the purchase.
As for the powder gun, it's a Gema easytronic. It's an older model but is a huge upgrade from the harbor freight is was using on past projects. There is zero comparison between a professional setup and a hobby gun. The size of the powder cloud and the way it literally sucks to the part being shot is amazing. It makes coating so easy. My plan is to upgrade to a gema optiflex setup in the near future. My fluidized hopper is 5lbs and is too big for what I do. I intend on getting a prismatic 2lb hopper as soon as I'm done using the black powder in my current setup. Hit me up if you have any specific questions. I did a ton of research when I made the jump into it.

Thanks, this is very helpful I appreciate it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 99.00
7,995 (OBO)
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 179.00
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-flash-gordon-reimagined?tu=radium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.