IMG_2385 (resized).JPG
IMG_2383 (resized).JPG
IMG_2382 (resized).JPG
IMG_2380 (resized).JPG
IMG_2378 (resized).JPG
IMG_2377 (resized).JPG
IMG_2376 (resized).JPG
IMG_2374 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lb1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Thanks for saying so.
And cabinet in my basement to continue the restoration.

Beautiful work. The level of detail and quality of your paint job is superb.

1 week later
#124 7 years ago

At the rate you are adding equipment you'll next do the playfield touch ups and clear in house!

2 weeks later
#175 7 years ago

Since you are going to clean them and powder coat them anyway, I'm sure that out of the tons of used ones out there there is one you can buy from someone for cheap.

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Speaking of powder coating interfering with heat, I'm seriously contemplating powdering this.

My main concern isn't grounding. I plan to mask where the pcb brackets mount and where ground straps interface. My concern is stapling it in back in and cracking the finished powder.

You don't absolutely need to staple. Make some small holes before doing the PC and use some small screws with small washers.

#207 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

The first step to recovery is admitting a problem. I'm not there yet.

The dog kept shaking the powder off...

We're all jealous is all!

2 weeks later
#243 7 years ago

Beautiful work as usual. The only thing that I would question (if I may) is leaving the bottom of the inside cab bare - though with some clear. It stands out as not as immaculate as the rest of the game. If you're going to powder coat or paint a whole bunch of part that are originally bare metal, why not paint the cabinet bottom?

#248 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Sorry missed this. I dunno. Personal preference I guess. It just doesn't look aesthetically pleasing imo. I personally like the contrast.

Nothing wrong with your personal preference. It's your game and one of the best restorations out there.

1 week later
#292 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Why the hex screw on each T-nut?
-mof

It prevents the smaller 6-32 nuts from turning and/or popping out since their teeth aren't that long. It's common on later games. The larger 8-32 T-nuts don't have/need them.

#293 7 years ago

There is a good pic there that shows the difference between the large and small ones on LOTR. http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album511/64_G

2 months later
#353 7 years ago

Did you get your carpet from the free samples bin or is it an elaborate and intentional quilt pattern?

1 week later
#362 7 years ago

I've been following and enjoying all your threads. I don't see a need for you to apologize. Blame it on Hutchins who started the "check out my new workshop" in the middle of a restoration thread thing.

1 month later
#391 6 years ago

Lotta black...

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

True but don't there is still a lot of color to be added. The cabinet interior sides are solid red as well. I think it will all balance out. I like the sleek look the black adds.

Hey, it's your game, and once you go black...

By the way, I had nice results adding clear on the rails. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-refresh/page/2#post-3302312.

#399 6 years ago

Metal ones, powder coated black.

#400 6 years ago

Better yet. Metal ones, powder coated yellow.

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I agree. I have my doubts for sure. That's why I got a backup set of ramps and plan on mylaring them. If the color was something other than black, like white or yellow, scratches wouldn't show as bad. Time will tell. In the end, chroming wears and scratchs too.

You could lay down a strip of Mylar on the bottom and sides - ball edge level only on the sides.

#428 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

So I'm not sure if it's the type of Mylar I have but I think it may be a no go on the ramps. It has this texture to it on the adhesive side. No matter how much I try to smooth it, it still looks like crap.

I had the same effect though in hidden areas so much less of an issue

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-refresh/page/2#post-3307856

1 week later
#441 6 years ago

Beautiful game. The overall package you've assembled is coming together very nicely. I think the spinners are adding a lot by putting some color where there was a whole lot of black before. At least from the pictures, which can be misleading.

If ball trails become a problem on the black ramps you can also try clear coating them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
7,995 (OBO)
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lb1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-flash-gordon-reimagined?tu=lb1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.