IMG_2385 (resized).JPG
IMG_2383 (resized).JPG
IMG_2382 (resized).JPG
IMG_2380 (resized).JPG
IMG_2378 (resized).JPG
IMG_2377 (resized).JPG
IMG_2376 (resized).JPG
IMG_2374 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanClaytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

As with a lot of older games, the plywood veneer in some places has planked, or split. I skimmed the head sides with bondo completely, sanded smooth and filled again with glazing filler and sanded to a baby butt smooth finish with 220. Even with all that, when the epoxy hi-build primer hit the grain of the wood, the solvents in the primer opened up the grain again, though nowhere near as severe as when I started. Here is the grain opened up after priming:

So one more round of glaze filling. You can see the red glaze filling in the wood grain depressions.

After, it will be sanded and one final shot of primer applied.

Takin' your time and doin' it right. This will be a thing of beauty when you're finished.

Great work thus far. Eagerly awaiting some paint on this bad boy.

P.S. Those side rails are SWEET!!! (I grew up with this game in my basement, so seeing this game get the royal treatment gives me the good feels!)

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

All colors applied.

Wow. I'll join the chorus of pinsiders in congratulating you on your masterfully painted cabinet. Love it.

Can't wait to see those side-rails put on, too. I gotta admit, I really like that brushed metal look. ...but I look forward to having my mind changed when you put the black powder-coating on.

1 month later
#218 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Light board filled and primed; ready for color then clear.

O_o

This is going to be the nicest FG on the planet. It's already starting to look pretty darn mean with all that black armor. Amazing restore, Skins.

2 weeks later
#262 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Thanks for the suggestions and input. I think I may break from the norm again on this and go away from the era specific finned posts that only come in (from what I have found) red and blue. I'm thinking of going with a modern star post. They are not an exact match in height but very close. I'm not sure on the diameter of the base though I think it may be the same. I have to dig around and see if I have a finned post laying around to compare. If I go star posts, I can go black post with red rubbers. That is the looks I'm going for. The contrast to the predominantly red playfield and the fact they will blend in with the plastics which are predominantly black backgrounds is what I'm looking for.

I like the modern black thought! That's gonna look nice and mean, like the rest of your machine!

#284 7 years ago

Wouldn't look like a screen print without a little misregistration. Still lookin' killer. Can't wait to see clear coat.

Go, Skins, Go!

#289 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Can't get intricate designs with powder and didn't want to apply vinyl with out clear top coat which can't be done with powder/decals.

Thank you.
So I cleared it. I'm going to see what kind of touch ups I can do then reclear over those. Bummer it wasn't perfect the first go around. It looks sweet other than the few blemishes bugging me.

Any chance of some close-ups on those apron designs?

2 months later
#368 7 years ago

Loving all the updates, Flash and workshop!

#369 6 years ago

Attended Pinball at the Zoo today and saw this GORGEOUS Flash Gordon:

IMG_20170421_172044 (resized).jpgIMG_20170421_172044 (resized).jpg

...thought it might provide some inspiration to keep up the good fight on yours.

2 months later
#476 6 years ago

Another impressed pinsider over here. Amazing work!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 199.95
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 99.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanClaytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-flash-gordon-reimagined?tu=RyanClaytor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.