(Topic ID: 96019)

Another First Pin Thread

By TrevixClemson

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hey guys, I've been lurking your forum for awhile and I love it. I am currently looking for the wife (reluctantly) and I's first pin. My price range is $1000-$2500 but that will likely have to include shipping because there seems to be a lack of availability (at least that I have found) in the general Texas market. I found a Phantom of the Opera for $2000 and think my wife could get into that, but it doesn't have the best reviews. I also found an Elvira and the Party Monsters (the wife loves Elvira) for a chunk over my price point (it is $2995), so I could hold out until my next check and see if it lasts, but it has some pretty obvious playfield wear down to the wood around the flippers. What do y'all think? Are there any other titles in the range that y'all recommend that are fairly popular with spouses? I'm not scared of a slight fixer upper as I have lots of experience tracing out shorts and soldering (my other hobby is drag racing and my mustang wiring was a rats nest when we bought it).

#2 9 years ago

Be patient and you will be able to find something nice in your price range. I would recommend Getaway, Fish Tales, Road show, shadow, Congo, Tommy, Johnny Mnemonic. See top 100 and go from there.

#3 9 years ago

That's a decent budget for a reasonably good pin. I would check the market here on pinside to what might be available in your area. I know many pinsiders are willing to ship or at least find a way to get the pin to you (maybe meeting half way?)

I didn't realize when I first got into the hobby how easily a pin will fit into the back of an SUV.

Since you mentioned getting one shipped, you could always order one from TNT amusements, they ship everywhere and I feel they do really good work. Checkout their YouTube channel for an example of what they do. They make a video of every game they sell. (Check out Teed Off from a few weeks ago for a pin I am getting from them).

Take your time and enjoy the search, its arguably the funnest part! (Also, listen to reviews, they're a big help)

#4 9 years ago

Elvira would have to be perfect at that price .

#5 9 years ago

Black Knight 2000 is a great first pin and in that price range. You might want to check out 'The Pinball Arcade' video game, you can play alot of the tables listed here and get a feel for what you like.

Also, you can pick up 2 or 3 decent EM machines with that budget, sometimes fully restored.

#6 9 years ago

Welcome. There are a lot of Pinsiders in Texas, one may have a game for sale that you would like. Don't be afraid to do a road trip to get a game, it can be a lot of fun and could save you good $$$. I payed $3k for my EATPM in better then new condition so that one is overpriced in my opinion. Our Marketplace is a great way to find a pin. Check vids. of game play to see if a game is to your liking, I did that before I bought many of my games to see how much fun factor they had. Good luck with your hunt, it's half the fun.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

Black Knight 2000 is a great first pin and in that price range. You might want to check out 'The Pinball Arcade' video game, you can play alot of the tables listed here and get a feel for what you like.
Also, you can pick up 2 or 3 decent EM machines with that budget, sometimes fully restored.

I actually did download the kindle version of it. It is pretty neat. Centaur is the one I am currently addicted to. My wife played half of one game before the voice creeped her out... Hahaha

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from robbiedoo:

That's a decent budget for a reasonably good pin. I would check the market here on pinside to what might be available in your area. I know many pinsiders are willing to ship or at least find a way to get the pin to you (maybe meeting half way?)
I didn't realize when I first got into the hobby how easily a pin will fit into the back of an SUV.
Since you mentioned getting one shipped, you could always order one from TNT amusements, they ship everywhere and I feel they do really good work. Checkout their YouTube channel for an example of what they do. They make a video of every game they sell. (Check out Teed off from a few weeks ago for a pin I am getting from them).
Take your time and enjoy the search, its arguably the funnest part! (Also, listen to reviews, they're a big help)

I am not worried about a pin fitting in my vehicle: I have the KING of SUVs : an Excursion. I'll check into TNT!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

3,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 18.95
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
$ 49.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 70.00
£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-first-pin-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.