6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Bally_Useless
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200119_203351 (resized).jpg

#1 6 months ago

I have just got a Keenely Venus EM Bingo, it works but!! the win doesn't clock up the the control fan works and the first two cogs turn but doesn't search for the winning lines any ideas or resolutions would help, i don't have a schematic for it so can't trace it.

Thanks in advance guys
    20200119_203351 (resized).jpg

#2 6 months ago

The buttons on the lockbar handle search and award. Are you pressing them? I think the red button is the register replays (search) button.

#3 6 months ago

If looking for help with a issues you should change the title of your thread to reflect that. Alot of people will come to a thread to help with a problem but wont click on generic thread titles like this one.

#4 6 months ago

hi thanks for the advice Bingopodcast, yes i have tried that when i press it thats when the control starts to run and the first two cogs turn but nothing else releases so no replays register!!

Ok Mitch lesson learnt i will do that from now on cheers.

Lee

#5 6 months ago

I've had my head in one of these at one point... I recall them being similar to the Bally setup. There should be multiple large search discs, and as the disc is rotating, it is scanning the combinations of possible winners. When it finds one, it will hold that search disc in place while the user makes a choice.

bingobutch recently fixed one, and he told me that it operates a bit differently than expected... but I don't remember what he said.

I'd start by looking for the search discs and cleaning as needed. If they rotate in the same way as Bally games, there will be small metal hooks that sit in grooves beside the search disc. These are called slip rings and slip ring wipers. Those also need to be clean to transfer power to the search relays. Several search relays activated simultaneously will allow the search index (or whatever Keeney called it) to pull and hold the disc in place while the user makes a choice.

Some photos of the backbox interior would probably help, but it is likely going to come down to 'keen' observation without the appropriate paperwork.

You might check with Steve Young's Pinball Resource to see if he has a copy of the paper for it.

#6 6 months ago

Bingopodcast, once again thank you for the info i will get a few pictures of the search discs and if you could take a look for me that would be fantastic,

regards Lee

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 30.00
    Various Novelties
    Game Room Info Shop
    $ 199.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 32.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 62.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 89.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.50
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside