Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cottonm4
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If they insist on rehashing old pinball themes, shouldn't Robocop be one of them?”

• OK 1 vote
    2%
  • Sure 1 vote
    2%
  • Why not 3 votes
    7%
  • Hell yeah! 9 votes
    21%
  • All of the above 8 votes
    19%
  • Never heard of Robocop 0 votes
  • I'm waiting on a Monday Night Football rehash with real Howard Cosell callouts 1 vote
    2%
  • Rocky and Bullwinkle rehash FTW! 1 vote
    2%
  • I'd buy that for a dollar 18 votes
    43%

(42 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

how-robocop-predicted-everything-important-about-modern-americaback-in-1987.jpg. (resized).jpg
53a297bc97c4555cf0fc2a955222f030e0488f31 (resized).jpg
Robocop-rated-X (resized).jpg
robocop-1987-6000-sux-sedan-boddicker_1_548fc55f26e70457495d7195c4df7164 (resized).jpg
il_794xN.580806710_3q11 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

With many ot the newer pinball games being rehashes of older Data East and even some cases Williams themes, it seems Robocop would be a no brainer for an upcoming one. Great movie, not so great first pinball machine.

Thoughts?

#2 4 years ago

Need to add "I'd buy that for a dollar" to your poll!

#3 4 years ago

I'd buy that for a dollar!

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Need to add "I'd buy that for a dollar" to your poll!

Done!

#5 4 years ago

Nuke!

#6 4 years ago

Thanks, I'll give the man a hand!

#7 4 years ago

Yes only if it includes Robocop 2 stuff as well.

#8 4 years ago

I love the old robocop I guess a new one could be cool. Would like to see another theme that hasn't gotten a pinball yet get made though.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Would like to see another theme that hasn't gotten a pinball yet get made though.

Don't worry, there should be another music themed game coming soon. Doubt it will be another Ted Nugent, Roy Clark, or Dolly Parton.

Probably more along the lines of REO Speedwagon or Styx.

#10 4 years ago

On the big LCD display there will be a familiar message with a phone number to call to get a t-shirt!

il_794xN.580806710_3q11 (resized).jpgil_794xN.580806710_3q11 (resized).jpg
#11 4 years ago

Gonna need some major firepower. You got access to military weaponry?

#12 4 years ago

Tell me this wouldn't make a great topper.

robocop-1987-6000-sux-sedan-boddicker_1_548fc55f26e70457495d7195c4df7164 (resized).jpgrobocop-1987-6000-sux-sedan-boddicker_1_548fc55f26e70457495d7195c4df7164 (resized).jpg
#13 4 years ago

Dream theme!

Grail pin!

Peter Weller is still alive. Let’s do it!

I still won’t buy one but look forward to playing it.

Can we skip to the part where people start imagining why it would suck And what a shame it is JJp isn’t making this imaginary game?

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And what a shame it is JJp isn’t making this imaginary game?

I think the fanboys even know this isn't for JJP to make. Toy Story? fine, But Robocop? I don't think so, and while I would be quite happy with 1 I would love it to be based on 1 and 2.

53a297bc97c4555cf0fc2a955222f030e0488f31 (resized).jpg53a297bc97c4555cf0fc2a955222f030e0488f31 (resized).jpgRobocop-rated-X (resized).jpgRobocop-rated-X (resized).jpg
#15 4 years ago

Yes sir, we need Nuke.

#16 4 years ago

I’m a never robo 2 guy.

Sorry, just doesn’t cut it. The only robo is the original robo.

#17 4 years ago

Brian Eddy Robocop pin please!

how-robocop-predicted-everything-important-about-modern-americaback-in-1987.jpg. (resized).jpghow-robocop-predicted-everything-important-about-modern-americaback-in-1987.jpg. (resized).jpg
#18 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Don't worry, there should be another music themed game coming soon. Doubt it will be another Ted Nugent, Roy Clark, or Dolly Parton.
Probably more along the lines of REO Speedwagon or Styx.

Stern Dolly Parton VE lol.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m a never robo 2 guy.

Yep. At one time I enjoyed the sequel, but tried to watch it recently right after the original and had to change the channel.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yep. At one time I enjoyed the sequel, but tried to watch it recently right after the original and had to change the channel.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m a never robo 2 guy.

Not as good as the first but still great and lots of pin material. Oh and Nuke.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It’s fuckin terrible.

The only good part is all the failed robocop 2s like the one one who shots himself.

Robocop 3 makes robocop 2 look like robocop 1

The recent remake was just kinda meh didn’t arouse emotions one way or the other.

#22 4 years ago

Time for Kong as he makes his return to tje bog screen in the spring. Bring on the long flipper bats.

#23 4 years ago

YOUR MOVE CREEP (I mean Stern)!

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s fuckin terrible.

Terrible is way too strong. Come on.
3 is fuckin terrible and the remake but 2 has many a fine moment and holds it own.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The only good part is all the failed robocop 2s like the one one who shots himself.

Come on now.

3 had good ideas but was a cheapo + annoying kid. The whole
merica vs japan auto tie in was cute.

#26 4 years ago

The latest rehash would be awesome but no sequel to piggyback on anytime soon.

2 months later
#27 4 years ago

Robocop would not need a lot.

1) Clean up the play field and make it less cartoonish.

2) Keep those powerful flippers and add a deflector over the 3 center stand up targets to control the airballs.

3) I would like one change in play action. I would like some way to disable the pops during the Hurry Up sessions. Currently, when you get an ED-209 15 second Hurry Up in the right hand Robocop Chute, ED-209 lights up and starts making its thumping sounds, then the ball is kicked out of the saucer right into the middle of the pops. Now, the ball gets locked into bouncing around inside the pops as your precious Hurry Up seconds decline.

I have a computer pinball simulation game called Timeshock (some of you know Timeshock) where you can press both flipper buttons to kill the pops and let the ball come to you. I would like Robocop to be like that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-data-east-rehash-should-be-robocop-poll-included?hl=ralphcousman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.