Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bk2 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

As one of many Munsters owners who have stuck it out, AND stick up for the game I might add:
You (Stern) continually make substantial code updates to practically every other game, and you (Stern) continually give us NOTHING!
3 crap code releases in a row.

Not going to rant, not going to bother with the "Never getting another Stern game" crap, just going to say.

-Very poor job-

#2 3 years ago

Hopefully a substantial update is coming for Munsters owners. Stern took nearly 3 years to complete Ghostbusters code but did a hell of a job with the final few updates.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

As one of many Munsters owners who have stuck it out, AND stick up for the game I might add:
You (Stern) continually make substantial code updates to practically every other game, and you (Stern) continually give us NOTHING!
Not going to rant, not going to bother with the "Never getting another Stern game" crap, just going to say.
-Very poor job-

Ask Wheel of Fortune owners about code updates...

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hopefully a substantial update is coming for Munsters owners. Stern took nearly 3 years to complete Ghostbusters code but did a hell of a job with the final few updates.

I hope your hope is well placed.

Munsters plays and flows well. Looks amazing. Heaps of fun even with the current code. Amazingly challenging playing multiball on both upper and lower playfields at the same time, using four flipper buttons. BUT COULD BE SO MUCH MORE!

The difference with waiting for Munsters to get a substantial code update, and the wait for Ghostbusters, is that Stern told us in advance that they were working on Ghostbusters whereas they haven't said they are working on Munsters. Not even a hint.

Let's hope your hope is being worked on during the factory shutdown.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Amazingly challenging playing multiball on both upper and lower playfields at the same time, using four flipper buttons.

You do realize that most Munsters buyers don’t have this functionality, right? So taking that out of the equation and making the same case becomes a lot harder with their bare bones game.

#6 3 years ago

I'm kinda feeling this...

bk2 (resized).jpgbk2 (resized).jpg
#7 3 years ago

Ghostbusters and Munsters have one big common denominator. Dwight. Not sure if he gets bored or pulled in too many directions but he doesn’t like to go back to a game.

I had a Munsters LE and just hated the scoring. Such a great theme and so much video/audio at their disposal. It must not have sold well because it really seems Stern let it drop off the map.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

-Very poor job-

Dwight has said Munsters is done. Code that's there is the whole game. It'a travesty that it's almost point for point as underfeatured as the initial BM'66 release, but Dwight believes (or was told) it's Mission Accomplished.

Why stick with a crappy unfun pin just because you like the theme? It's the Harley Davidson syndrome, and it's not a recipe for satisfaction. I love the series The Munsters, but I would never have one because the pin sucks. Cut your losses, dump it, and get a pin that is ACTUALLY FUN. There are a lot of great choices out there.

If you feel bad for Dwight, just get another, much better Dwight pin - like Game of Thrones or Ghostbusters.

#9 3 years ago

I wonder how Borg feels about Dwight’s half assed effort on code? I love the Borg/Sheats collaborations. Imagine if TWD had Dwight on code? I shudder to think about it. It’s sad really, to think about what should have been.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I wonder how Borg feels about Dwight’s half assed effort on code? I love the Borg/Sheats collaborations. Imagine if TWD had Dwight on code? I shudder to think about it. It’s sad really, to think about what should have been.

I'm sure they all understand the ups and downs of slaving for Gary and his investors. They've all been screwed by the process. I'm sure it's more of a sympathetic, "aw, they got screwed - glad it wasn't on my project."

1 week later
#11 3 years ago

It doesn’t help that Dwight is (most likely) the head coder on TMNT. That will take up a ton of his time for a while.

Also, not sure how excited I am for another Borg / Dwight pin anyway if Munsters was their last effort...

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

It doesn’t help that Dwight is (most likely) the head coder on TMNT

What the hell is wrong with Stern?
It's to the point if Dwight gets assigned to a title, that title is destined to fail commercially, critically, and worst of all, aesthetically.

Solid code updates posted for EVERY other title, I mean - all of them - and then post 2 terrible Munsters updates months apart.
I"m tired of defending the game to everyone I know.
It's pretty good with good art, nowhere near as bad as the masses say, but the code is absolutely terrible.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

It's to the point if Dwight gets assigned to a title, that title is destined to fail commercially, critically, and worst of all, aesthetically.

He did ghostbusters and Star Wars and those sold pretty well. Those rule sets have issues too but there’s way more to do and they are interesting.

1 year later
#14 2 years ago

And here we are 1 year down the road still with the same old crap code!
While other games still get updated.....

Shame shame, shame on you Stern and Dwight

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

And here we are 1 year down the road still with the same old crap code!
While other games still get updated.....
Shame sham,e shame on you Stern and Dwight

Dwight said over a year ago or more the code was done and not getting updated. Not sure what you're possibly waiting for

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Dwight said over a year ago or more the code was done and not getting updated. Not sure what you're possibly waiting for

Waiting for the guilt to sink in . They 11th hour upped the LE’s from 500 to 600 because they realized they had a hit - then abandoned the customers who bought all models by not giving it the same polish literally EVERY other modern pin has received . I still love the game , I had a great one last night . That doesn’t mean I don’t want the theme integration it deserves with many , many more clips already loaded just waiting to be used .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-blah-munsters-update and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.