2%
  • Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band Version 6 votes
    6%
  • Yellow Submarine Version 7 votes
    7%
  • No we are stuck in 1964 79 votes
    84%

(94 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider znet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

When this game came out I thought it was too simple for the price - so I played it on location, and kept playing it. Eventually I bought one. Here are my thoughts
1. I like Seawitch and many other classic Sterns. Before Beatles came out I tried to buy a restored Seawitch for $5k, but the deal fell though. Before Beatles came out i'm sure I would have bought a Seawitch VE for Stern pro prices. That said Beatles is a better game that is worth the extra cost. It has all the rules of Seawitch plus modes, the magnet at the top, the spinning disk, the extra spinner, the jackpot shot. Unlike Seawitch the spinner (actually 2 now) has the potentially to be worth going for in Beatles. The layout has been sweaked a bit to make things like the upper loop a much easier shot. The optical spinners are awesome. I my opinion everything they changed from Seawitch makes the game better.
2. I don't think every game needs to have ramps. Classic Sterns didn't have them. Fathom is a favorite of mine and I have a restored version that I have more into than most would pay for Beatles. TNA is a single level game that got almost universal praise on this forum, and when it first came out people would pay a premium over NIB prices that put it in the same price category as the Beatles is now. It doesn't take anything from the appeal of TNA but, Beatles has more shots, much deeper rules, more flippers, more pops, more spinners, better LCD animations, and yes even better music.
3. Stern pros are great. If you want a game for Stern pro pricing you have many great options but Beatles won't be one of them at NIB retail prices. That said I have seen used ones sell for a few hundred more than you can get a NIB pro. I think it is fine if Stern wants go for different price points with its games SW HE isn't for everyone and either is this. The base gold edition has upgrades you don't see in Stern pros like the side art, speaker panel, and powder coating. The licensing issues may very well have made this game impossible at Stern pro prices.
4. I really can't defend the extra cost of the platinum and diamond editions. That said, if a few suckers buy these and it makes it so they can do the license or makes the Gold edition a little cheaper more power to them.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 8.00
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,282 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider znet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-beatles-variant?tu=znet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.