• Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band Version 6 votes
    6%
  • Yellow Submarine Version 7 votes
    7%
  • No we are stuck in 1964 79 votes
    84%

(94 votes)

#1 4 years ago

I would love to see another Beatles version. Think we will see one?

#2 4 years ago

Doubtfull and don't care due to price. It's a super fun game, but too much monies for me personally.

#3 4 years ago

Agree, I liked Beatles but kapow titles are absurdly priced for a reskin

#4 4 years ago

I doubt it, but it would be great if Stern rescued the greatest theme of all time from that shitty game they made.

#5 4 years ago

I think it's a really fun game. If it was released at Stern Pro pricing I might have bought one, I like it that much!

#6 4 years ago

Really, we all pay a premium for NIB pinballs, what’s the diff between pro and LE’s (a couple of grand, so f’n what!)
So what if The Beatles entry price point was that of an LE
I love it, it’s a super game, based off a classic Stern game
I have Sterns, JJPS, Bally’s etc...
The Beatles is a favourite amongst everyone that enters my pinball den
Best band ever, done by a those who care most

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Doubtfull and don't care due to price. It's a super fun game, but too much monies for me personally.

Yeah, but you'd be all over a NIB Seawitch at that price.

#8 4 years ago

I wish they would w more psychedelic Beatles music.

What if they had to go back and pay an extra $500k for licensing but could build and sell the other 1,000 or so units? It’s not gonna happen but would that be worth Sterns effort and investment?

Great game as is, fast, fun, and simple for non pinheads to grasp.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Yeah, but you'd be all over a NIB Seawitch at that price.

Actually a tough call as Seawitch is the runt of the upper crust Sterns.
Oh wait NIB Seawitch? Fuck yeah I'd pay

#10 4 years ago

stern had a ton of stuff they could have made with beatles. but they went with a radio music version. beatles could have been an ultimate title if they made it like a new pin by elwin with lots of toys (yellow sub, purple people eaters, etc) but sadly it wasnt and to me was super flat. it would have been better if they just made a seawitch at a lower price. honestly they should make a vault game an early stern release.

#11 4 years ago

GRG has NIB gold for $6799 shipped

#12 4 years ago

All it would do is piss off the guys who overpaid for the first one.

#13 4 years ago

50 year anniversary of Abbey Road was yesterday, don't see another pin rev. if they missed this historic moment.
Maybe for the 75th.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14 4 years ago

Double platinum edition with double platinum powder coat, and double the number of Beatles band member heads on backglass. $50k, only two made, video application required.

#15 4 years ago

The game is good, but it’s not what Beatles fans really wanted in a pinball machine and it feels like it’s too expensive for what it is.

Too bad. Could have been epic.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Agree, I liked Beatles but kapow titles are absurdly priced for a reskin

Agreed. I actually like the pin and my wife is a big Beatles fan.
I just can stomach the price for what you get.
Feels like a pin that should be in the mid 5K range to me and for what they cost theres a lot of other pins I would rather have at that price.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

50 year anniversary of Abbey Road was yesterday, don't see another pin rev. if they missed this historic moment.
Maybe for the 75th.

Yesterday was the 50th anniversary of the day the iconic Abby Road photograph was taken , the album was released September 26 1969 so Stern could still announce something for 50th anniversary if the album .

#18 4 years ago

But I doubt that will happen

#19 4 years ago

Revolver would be my favorite. Not that it matters. I wouldn’t buy one

#20 4 years ago

If Stern did a White Album variant they could just make a few slight modifications to Supreme...

#21 4 years ago

Would love to own a Beatles pin, but not at that price point. Heaps of other games like Iron Maiden and Jurassic Park are commanding my attention.

#22 4 years ago

When this game came out I thought it was too simple for the price - so I played it on location, and kept playing it. Eventually I bought one. Here are my thoughts

1. I like Seawitch and many other classic Sterns. Before Beatles came out I tried to buy a restored Seawitch for $5k, but the deal fell though. Before Beatles came out i'm sure I would have bought a Seawitch VE for Stern pro prices. That said Beatles is a better game that is worth the extra cost. It has all the rules of Seawitch plus modes, the magnet at the top, the spinning disk, the extra spinner, the jackpot shot. Unlike Seawitch the spinner (actually 2 now) has the potentially to be worth going for in Beatles. The layout has been sweaked a bit to make things like the upper loop a much easier shot. The optical spinners are awesome. I my opinion everything they changed from Seawitch makes the game better.

2. I don't think every game needs to have ramps. Classic Sterns didn't have them. Fathom is a favorite of mine and I have a restored version that I have more into than most would pay for Beatles. TNA is a single level game that got almost universal praise on this forum, and when it first came out people would pay a premium over NIB prices that put it in the same price category as the Beatles is now. It doesn't take anything from the appeal of TNA but, Beatles has more shots, much deeper rules, more flippers, more pops, more spinners, better LCD animations, and yes even better music.

3. Stern pros are great. If you want a game for Stern pro pricing you have many great options but Beatles won't be one of them at NIB retail prices. That said I have seen used ones sell for a few hundred more than you can get a NIB pro. I think it is fine if Stern wants go for different price points with its games SW HE isn't for everyone and either is this. The base gold edition has upgrades you don't see in Stern pros like the side art, speaker panel, and powder coating. The licensing issues may very well have made this game impossible at Stern pro prices.

4. I really can't defend the extra cost of the platinum and diamond editions. That said, if a few suckers buy these and it makes it so they can do the license or makes the Gold edition a little cheaper more power to them.

#23 4 years ago

Beatles is selling so well the NIB price was cut by $1,200 already

$5K by Christmas?

#24 4 years ago

It's a fun game and the family still gets a lot of play out of it. We vary some of the settings from the factory settings to add some variety. That said, I would like to see an official update of the code, perhaps with some additional songs and challenges.

#25 4 years ago

They should do like Woah Nellie and reskin it with something that could be sold at a pro price.
A car racing theme would seem like a good fit.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

When this game came out I thought it was too simple for the price - so I played it on location, and kept playing it. Eventually I bought one. Here are my thoughts
1. I like Seawitch and many other classic Sterns. Before Beatles came out I tried to buy a restored Seawitch for $5k, but the deal fell though. Before Beatles came out i'm sure I would have bought a Seawitch VE for Stern pro prices. That said Beatles is a better game that is worth the extra cost. It has all the rules of Seawitch plus modes, the magnet at the top, the spinning disk, the extra spinner, the jackpot shot. Unlike Seawitch the spinner (actually 2 now) has the potentially to be worth going for in Beatles. The layout has been sweaked a bit to make things like the upper loop a much easier shot. The optical spinners are awesome. I my opinion everything they changed from Seawitch makes the game better.
2. I don't think every game needs to have ramps. Classic Sterns didn't have them. Fathom is a favorite of mine and I have a restored version that I have more into than most would pay for Beatles. TNA is a single level game that got almost universal praise on this forum, and when it first came out people would pay a premium over NIB prices that put it in the same price category as the Beatles is now. It doesn't take anything from the appeal of TNA but, Beatles has more shots, much deeper rules, more flippers, more pops, more spinners, better LCD animations, and yes even better music.
3. Stern pros are great. If you want a game for Stern pro pricing you have many great options but Beatles won't be one of them at NIB retail prices. That said I have seen used ones sell for a few hundred more than you can get a NIB pro. I think it is fine if Stern wants go for different price points with its games SW HE isn't for everyone and either is this. The base gold edition has upgrades you don't see in Stern pros like the side art, speaker panel, and powder coating. The licensing issues may very well have made this game impossible at Stern pro prices.
4. I really can't defend the extra cost of the platinum and diamond editions. That said, if a few suckers buy these and it makes it so they can do the license or makes the Gold edition a little cheaper more power to them.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#27 4 years ago

Well,4 yrs.ago at a venue here in NorCal,called Pin-A-GoGo,I got the chance to talk with the original designer,and creator of this Pin!! We all know who that was!! He went over to England and got the permission of the remaining estates to license and develop this title!! The Pin he had on the table had 3 play fields!! He also said they(Stern was developing a new system (Spike) to do this Pin ! It would have been the most awesome Rock Pin anybody had ever done! When the dust cleared,Stern scrapped everything and hustled to produce another model,and wango,a Seawitch re-doo!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods
Shooter rods
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mead, CO
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
Machine - For Sale
New City, NY
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-beatles-variant?hl=simbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.