Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TigerLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Anyone know if their will be another run of AC/DC after their current run? I'm looking to buy one but things are not lining up for me right now. ***vent on - Did my taxes today and I owe for the first time in my life and I didn't make any more money over the last year vent off ***

I was planning on using that and my bonus (which is now half what it was last year) to buy but I'm now going to be a couple G's short. I really want a premium but if their wont be another run after this one I may have to forget about the premium and go Pro or give up on AC/DC all together.

I'm just concerned that once NIB are done if I don't have one I'll never get one as it seems like it will be a pin that follows the A listers and goes up in value in the used market vs staying stagnet or dropping a bit.

#2 11 years ago

bump...and right there with you re: owing the tax man for the 1st time. Must be doing something right/wrong .

btw, I may be the only CPA who uses taxslayer... not a tax guy...

#3 11 years ago

There are a few dealers here to get price quotes from. I've seen mention of April and May runs. Also been told that if you want one, put some money down to reserve your machine.

#4 11 years ago

Yes, More Runs planned.. I believe the next one is planned for MAY, but that can always change due to production schedules.

I did Hear a rumor that they are going to remake Ironman, Lord of the Rings, POTC and a couple other popular games for one day only.. April 1st.. Not sure if any truth to that rumor though

#6 11 years ago

More than likely more runs the rest of 2013. AC/DC is a very popular pin that is selling well for distributors & dealers.

#7 11 years ago

You know that may just happen if Stern has parts left to build them. They are switching boards and implementing other features in upcoming games afterall.

Quoted from Gexchange:

I did Hear a rumor that they are going to remake Ironman, Lord of the Rings, POTC and a couple other popular games for one day only.. April 1st.. Not sure if any truth to that rumor though

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Yes, More Runs planned.. I believe the next one is planned for MAY, but that can always change due to production schedules.

Hmm, I wonder if none in April is because of a certain other rumored music pin?

#10 11 years ago

Does anyone have an estimate of how many total AC/DCs of all types have been manufactured thus far?

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Does anyone have an estimate of how many total AC/DCs of all types have been manufactured thus far?

I've heard 2300 but I'm thinking it would be alot more than that

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Is tron being run again?

Yes. End of February.

#13 11 years ago

JJ can you request a Tron Premium from stern

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

I've heard 2300 but I'm thinking it would be alot more than that

Yeah...... man...production numbers these days are kinda sad, lol. You get these games that *to us* seem like they're uber popular, but when it comes down to it, 2300-ish AC/DCs? Probably way less Trons than that!? God... if most of these games are still going to route, we are in for a very big drought of pins in 10-15 years....not that it hasn't already started.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

can you request a Tron Premium

You mean Tron Pro?

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

You mean Tron Pro?

I think he means a Tron Premium. One with the lighting. Most LE owners would go crazy if Stern did that but I'd be all for it. Tron is an awesome game and the LE is one of the great experiences in pinball. I'd love another 1,000 or so people to get the joy of owning a Tron with the lighted intigrated ramps.

#17 11 years ago

What is with Stern, they could get big bucks for a Tron Premium................If business is about profit, these guys are just plain stupid sometimes.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think he means a Tron Premium. One with the lighting. Most LE owners would go crazy if Stern did that but I'd be all for it. Tron is an awesome game and the LE is one of the great experiences in pinball. I'd love another 1,000 or so people to get the joy of owning a Tron with the lighted intigrated ramps.

Bingo! I did mean premium and yes it would ruffle some LE owners feathers, but they did it on AC/DC
Stern if your listening... if you build a TRON premium I will buy it.... Please take my money

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

What is with Stern, they could get big bucks for a Tron Premium................If business is about profit, these guys are just plain stupid sometimes.

I think they are fearful of upsetting the LE owners. It was different with AC/DC and avengers as they announced from the onset there would be a full featured premium. That said, as I said above, the value of the machines doesn't really mean a whole lot to me as I never plan on selling my Tron LE so I would be all for a Premium run of Tron . . . let more people experience the ultimate Tron experience . . . and Tron LE is a darn great game.

It would be good for pinball in general for there to be a Premium run of Tron.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-acdc-run-after-march and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.