Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by DuckBrian
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8fe5288def5a54b11af73551dfb95592.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Just got a little over a hundred million on ACDC Prem. (I know not great) and just can't believe how fun this pin is. It is the ultimate party/beer drinking pin and I just can't get enough. And... a code is on the way to make it even better? Holy Shit. It is the one game that will not go (trade pins all the time) and will be handed down to my kids whether they like it or not!

#3 11 years ago

Well said. Just can't stop playing it everyday I'm home. My best is 239mil. Right after I saw bowens video. 3 ball but my ball save is on max. Tour on 6 shots. Special awards eb.

I heard there is only going to be one more run of Premiums.

8fe5288def5a54b11af73551dfb95592.jpg8fe5288def5a54b11af73551dfb95592.jpg

#4 11 years ago

#5 11 years ago

Av8: since your ramp protector "fix" I've loved the game. Was very frustrating before that bit not now. Are you gonna dump the pro now?

#6 11 years ago

Hey Mark, what is the ramp protector fix?

#7 11 years ago

AV8, Noticed you sold your ACDC Premium. How come you sold that one over the pro? Just curious because I was looking to pick one up.

#8 11 years ago

Absolutely agree. Just can't step away once I start to play our premium. Great flow, fast, adrenaline is high with cannon shots during multiball, etc.. and it is just a very sharp looking pin. It was our first NIB game and it had cannon issue out of the box. Stern replaced the motor and it has not had one issue since. Just love this game and it will be a LONG time before it ever leaves our gameroom/bar. Thanks Mr. Ritchie!!

#9 11 years ago

Good to hear from a fellow Oregon Duck. Where are you at? I am in Medford.

#10 11 years ago

Used to live in Sherwood, but now am back in the pinball hotbed of the Twin Cities in MN. Loved my 18 years in Oregon and still have Ducks season tix but you can't beat the Twin Cities for the pinball environment!

#11 11 years ago

We should be great friends. The Vikes are my favorite footabll team. Can you get me tickets?

#12 11 years ago

I just had an awesome first ball on my Premium, 149m ... Thought "here we go, massive score on the way" .... Dooooh next 3 balls (one extra ball) all pretty much SDTM ((( Didn't even make the score list.

The "risk vs reward" factor is massive in this game. Last night I had worked up a bonus of 49mil and I got greedy and tried to double it up ... I only had to hit one bell shot to double it, I hit the bell, got the 2x lit, then the ball ran straight down the middle!! Doooooooooooooh.....

ACDC is just the best game. Set to be one of the classics.

Dave.

#13 11 years ago

I've officially jumped onto the AC/DC kicks ass fan club! After many plays at AV8's house, I am convinced this game fits what I like.. fast, furious, and fun. And it doesn't hurt that I like AC/DC's music, just fits a pin perfectly IMO.

My favorite game is arguably IM, and AC/DC lives up to the challenge while offering a different kind of game and flow. I was skeptical at first, mainly because it was a music theme, and partially because I didn't have space nor did I want to give up one of my classics to make room. After sitting back and letting the hype settle down, and playing Dave's several times, I think it lives up to the hype!

#14 11 years ago

@av8: where did you hear about only 1 run for the Premiums, I wonder? Can't imagine this to be true, if the sales are good that is, and counting on the software update being worked on I can only see the sales growing on this one!

I can't wait for my AC / DC to arrive, it is such a great game!

#15 11 years ago

Agreed it's the best pinball I've ever owned I can't get enough everything just blends together well done stern!!!!

Peter

#16 11 years ago

Put it this way .... I currently have 100 plus Pinballs and the only one that gets game time is ACDC.

Although I did have a good game of Police Force the other day ..... "take highest score!"

Dave.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from stevebighead:

Hey Mark, what is the ramp protector fix?

It's removing the metal ramp protectors. They absorb energy from the ball. With them removed, I have had way less ramp rejects (ball part way up ramp and back down).

#18 11 years ago

I heard from someone at Stern that they just did a small run of the Premiums, but that those are already sold out, and that they will be out for at least 3 months.. if they decide to run them again then. No one knows if/when they will do another run.

So for those that have missed out and want one, now may be the time to snag one! There is a chance they will make more later, as this is a hit and Stern will want to cash in.. and I don't see anything on the game that will limit their ability to make these for a long time (no limited edition figures, 3D back glass, etc.)

#19 11 years ago

When in multi ball mode and get 2 balls stuck in cannon really sucks

#20 11 years ago

You can fix that easily. It's been posted. You the larger sanding head of a dremmel. And just dremmel out a half moon shape on the lest sidewall of that ramp at the canon. Balls will simply fall out when the canon moves. Works perfectly.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from stevebighead:

We should be great friends. The Vikes are my favorite footabll team. Can you get me tickets?

Steve,
    Absolutely, they are easy to come by until the new stadium opens!! You can come check out the Minnesota pin community and catch some football!
    Brian

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-acdc-is-great-post and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.