New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 249996)

Anonymous subforim in Basement

By Coyote

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by JayDee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

So, something that may help with some folks' attitudes, as well as allow people to bow off steam, I had a thought -

Would it be possible to make an 'anonymous' subforum in the Basement?

Essentially, everyone (except mods, of course!) sees everyone else's post as being from 'nobody' or 'anonymous', or whatever.

Obviously, people can still out themselves by saying "I live in Harpers Ferry," or "I was over at Steve's yesterday," but that's on them. All Pinside rules would still be enforced - i.e. You can't personally attack anyone. But if you don't NAME who you're attacking, then.... let frustration out.

Just a thought. Probably some good/bad things that I hadn't thought of, too.

#2 1 year ago

I understand what you are saying but I see this as turning into nothing but a complete shit show.

#3 1 year ago

Go to 4chan if you want 4chan.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

So, something that may help with some folks' attitudes, as well as allow people to bow off steam, I had a thought -
    Would it be possible to make an 'anonymous' subforum in the Basement?
    Essentially, everyone (except mods, of course!) sees everyone else's post as being from 'nobody' or 'anonymous', or whatever.
    Obviously, people can still out themselves by saying "I live in Harpers Ferry," or "I was over at Steve's yesterday," but that's on them. All Pinside rules would still be enforced - i.e. You can't personally attack anyone. But if you don't NAME who you're attacking, then.... let frustration out.
    Just a thought. Probably some good/bad things that I hadn't thought of, too.

I did a 40 mile stretch of the AT ending in Harper's Ferry, a long time ago with my wife before we were married. Was a great trip and ended in a cool town! We hiked up the road and stayed at a campground for our last night. Best shower I ever took! Sorry, completely off topic but seeing that brought back some great memories.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

A lot of these old timers dont even know what reddit is...good luck with 4chan.

#6 1 year ago

Personally, I can't see anything good coming from that. It would be chaos.

#7 1 year ago

Oookay then.
    Didn't expect the hate.

Thanks guys.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

I did a 40 mile stretch of the AT ending in Harper's Ferry, a long time ago with my wife before we were married. Was a great trip and ended in a cool town! We hiked up the road and stayed at a campground for our last night. Best shower I ever took! Sorry, completely off topic but seeing that brought back some great memories.

Being the halfway point, I see a LOT of thru-hikers in mid-July. (My house is about a mile off the trail.) Always wish 'em luck, any that I pass.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I think a lot of folks around here are more the 8chan type sadly.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

So, something that may help with some folks' attitudes, as well as allow people to bow off steam

People here kind do this in the open already.

#12 1 year ago

Prediction... start this sub forum and within ten posts the next topic started will be “Feels like Pinside has finally plummeted?”

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Prediction... start this sub forum and within ten posts the next topic started will be “Feels like Pinside has finally plummeted?”

Just the idea that they need to transform a pinball forum into an anonymous area where you can say anything is odd to me. Like, go to another site dude. The internet is vast. Why do you need to do this here? I have been asking this a bit lately on this forum....like WHY?

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Just the idea that they need to transform a pinball forum into an anonymous area where you can say anything is odd to me. Like, go to another site dude. The internet is vast. Why do you need to do this here? I have been asking this a bit lately on this forum....like WHY?

Exactly, and like habo said, the usual suspects don’t need an anonymous sub forum to do what they do already out in the open

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 239.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 350.00
    Boards
    Pinball Basement
    $ 159.00
    Tools
    PinDoc Restorations
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Tools
    PinDoc Restorations
    $ 259.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 174.99
    $ 79.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D Tech. Pinball Parts
    $ 159.00
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 17.50
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 30.00
    $ 46.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside