(Topic ID: 199845)

Anodized Flipper / Credit button refurbishment?

By DropTarget

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hi,

I'm in need of some anodized flipper and credit buttons for a Chicago Coin machine. PBR does not have any of these. I was wondering if anyone has a solution for recreating an anodized look on existing buttons. I've heard of a spray paint that gives the desired effect, apparently, it's more of a translucent tint / dye than a solid pigment. I not have not seen the results in person.

Has anyone used this of another process with success?

TIA
-W

#2 6 years ago

I've done red sharpie and then sprayed some clear.

#3 6 years ago

hmmm,

That's a thought.

I bought some Duplicolor Metalcast paint from my local auto parts store. It's pretty much tinted clear coat. I'm still waiting for it to dry. The color is a bit too dark, but I think it's going to work out. The idea of a Sharpie and clear coat is appealing. It's a lot cheaper, and the red may be closer to original.

#4 6 years ago

I have raided my wife's red nail polish then shot it with clear. Holding strong for many years.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I have raided my wife's red nail polish then shot it with clear. Holding strong for many years.

Great idea, thx

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anodized-flipper-credit-button-refurbishment and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.