• Latest reply 3 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49485846418_8755d96f08_z (resized).jpg
231-5001-01_LegBolt (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Pinball-Mods.com is pleased to announce the immediate availability of our Anodized Titanium Extended Leg boltsin five colors: Yellow, Green, Light Blue, Blue, and Purple.
Anodized Leg BoltsAnodized Leg Bolts

This is a brand new, exclusive product with captive nylon washers dyed to match the bolt and protect the powdercoat of your Premium, Limited Edition, or custom powder coated game. These Titanium nuts won't corrode or tarnish over time and feature the standard 5/8 heads present on most modern machines.

The bolts are 2.75 inches long with a 2.25 inch thread making them compatible with PinGlups and Leg protectors. Optionally; you can purchase an additional washer which goes between the pingulp and the leg for additional protection.

Pingulp Example InstallationPingulp Example Installation

More details on our product page:
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/replacement-parts-hardware-leg-bolt-anodized-p-66.html

To celebrate this new product; all of our titanium productsare on sale for 25% off now thru Sunday 2/9/2020 at 11:59pm CST. No discount code needed.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

These are nice. I would probably wrap them in a rag while using a socket to protect them like I do with the delicate painted types but... how delicate are these? I assume a scratch would expose silver metal underneath if you're not careful?

I'm guessing they aren't as delicate as powdercoated leg bolts; but I haven't done an extensive study because I haven't tried wrenching heavily on these expensive parts. I'm fairly sure powdercoated bolts crack (and flake off) the baked powder coat after several uses. These wouldn't do that.

I also used a rag to install the light blue on my Stern Star Trek LE (pictured above)... and didn't see any issues. The #6-32 nuts made out of the same material held up well with a unprotected nut driver.

I don't think a scratch is a problem. The real problem I see; is that if your leg bolts are as mistreated as mine are - there will be a problem. You can see the abuse my original bolts took as part the multiple moves to/from TPF and Houston over the course of the 6 or so years. But yes; eventually - once the oxide is physically removed - you'd see the natural Titanium metal under neath. You can see the abuse my leg bolts received over the years in high detail:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/52968060@N00/49485846418/sizes/4k/

I've been trying to find a "plastic" wrench supplier but haven't found many who seem to want to talk. I'm also thinking maybe a plastic cap which converts from 5/8in to 17mm might work. But for most; a rag or maybe even a felt lined wrench would work.

#5 4 years ago

I've seen very expensive sets shipped from Europe I think for "restored" chrome hot rods... but the were like 100euros IIRC.
I'd think most pinheads would lol if I offered plastic sockets for these bolts at those prices.

If you know of an inexpensive set available on Amazon - do let me know.

#9 4 years ago

That's a sale?!
40 clams, for a single socket? I'm in the wrong business.

#11 4 years ago

yeah, I did make it a point of putting this on the website (twice even); before even advertising them for sale:

These bolts will resist thread stripping because titanium is stronger than most steel alloys used in pinball machines.

Monkey-tight; not gorilla tight. While the threads are stronger than the steel threads you're likely mounting to; excessive force runs the risk of actually damaging the oxide color layer on the head rather than stripping the threads on your new bolts.

Did you actually strip your leg plates in your game? Or just observing that might be possible?

4 months later
#14 3 years ago

These Titanium Leg Bolts are on sale for 16% off for Captain Picard Day until 6/19/2020.
See: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1day-only-sale-capt-picard-day-6-16#post-5048311

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anodized-extended-leg-bolts?tu=Zitt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.