Rebuilt my Williams GP flippers and getting chatter in the hold position.
They have plenty of power to strike the ball and do not bounce when in hold. They just make a lot of noise and vibrate.
If I touch the plunger with my finger, the vibrations diminish. It's almost like there is too much play in the sleeve? Or something with the new stops? Range of motion is fine and nothing hangs, I can feel it reach the stop.
This is what I did - parts from Marcos:
- replaced EOS switches with new, adjusted and operating properly
- replaced sleeves
- replaced plunger & link - Flipper crank assembly - Williams left, A-8232-L
- replaced coil stop - Coil stop - Williams 3/8" centerline, A-6492
- replaced pf bushing
- added spring washer on plunger end of the coil
- 'squeezed' the coil bracket to tighten the coil a bit
- filed cabinet switches, there is plenty of contact
Did not do:
- Replace the coil, cleaned in and out, tabs and wiring look fine, power to thick wire side, cab switch on far tab with EOS
- Replace the spring, missed the order, but the old one does not bind on anything and appears to work fine
- Replace flippers, but in good working condition
Why are these damn things buzzing so bad? I've read Vid's threads and various other one, and can't figure out what I missed or need to do. Any suggestions are appreciated.