5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 206 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Titan_Pinball
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 25 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1Tpinball2.jpg
    i044577[1].jpg
    20140705_134151_3.jpg
    20140703_082744.jpg
    leds.png
    image-376.jpg
    image-902.jpg
    image-654.jpg
    image-879.jpg
    image-924.jpg
    image-496.jpg
    image-878.jpg
    image-144.jpg
    image-668.jpg
    image-698.jpg
    titan_bulbs.jpg

There are 206 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 5 years ago

Hey Matt, making progress with your red and yellow rubbers on my IM Pro. The rubbers near the pops and the lanes are a bitch but almost there. Great product. Thank you sir!

image-668.jpg image-144.jpg image-878.jpg image-496.jpg image-924.jpg
    #153 5 years ago

Thanks for posting some pictures. Looks like you found some colored acorn nuts

-Matt
    Titan Pinball

#154 5 years ago

Just put in my first order. Can't wait to get the "little box of calm"!

#155 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Looks like STTNG uses 4" rings for slings. But the largest you can go is 3"

I know the manual says 4", but you really need 3.5" for those slings. With 4" rubbers, the ball will sometimes get stuck under the slings because it's too loose. Pretty sure STTNG rubber kits usually come with 3.5" rubbers instead of the manual-specified 4".

#156 5 years ago

It seems we are having some difficulty with our mobile site. We have taken it down for now (might take a couple of hours for the old one to reappear). We'll look for a more stable mobile site provider and try again soon.

Thanks for the patience!
    -Matt
    Titan Pinball

#157 5 years ago

Okay, I'll bite on the colored rubbers. I put an order in for a supply of damn near everything!!! (Now if you come out with silicone in a few weeks, I'm going to be irritated.)

#158 5 years ago

I finally got around to working on my pins last night, and LAH is starting to look good with the colored rubbers. I only got 2 sample kits, so I'll have to put in an order for exactly what I want to be able to finish it up. I love the blue, orange, and yellow, but the red looks a little bit chalky to me when stretched out for the slings on JP. Then again, I'd just put on the bright red Super Bands so it may have just been the contrast between the materials since the bands are slick and shiney, so I'll keep poking around on the machines and see if they work somewhere else. I'll get pics to post soon.

#159 5 years ago

Looks like the website is still down today 7/2.

#160 5 years ago

got my order in two days! the products seem great. I got the Box of Calm and the Tilt Meter, among some other odds and ends. Thanks again and good luck!

#161 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Looks like the website is still down today 7/2.

Thanks for the heads up. We are working on it now. Should be up within the hour.
    I think we may have to look into moving hosting companies if this keeps up

-Matt
    Titan Pinball

#162 5 years ago

The site is back up

Quoted from robotron911:

(Now if you come out with silicone in a few weeks, I'm going to be irritated.)

I would be too
    It will be more than a few weeks for sure. Also, the silicone will be a different type of feel and bounce. We will continue to carry the regular rubbers, and keep adding sizes. We won't be able to carry the full line of silicone for while due to the increased cost.

Quoted from pezpunk:

Thanks again and good luck!

We really appreciate it!

-Matt
    Titan Pinball

#163 5 years ago

Thank you. Time to look at what LEDs I may be ordering tonight.

#164 5 years ago

Here are some pics of my LAH with new Titan-wear.

image-879.jpg image-654.jpg image-902.jpg image-376.jpg
    #165 5 years ago

There is a little powder residue from the manufacturing process, and they get rubbed together a good bit during shipping. If you hit them with a little bit of Novus, they will shine up nicely.

Thanks for posting the pictures!

-Matt
    Titan Pinball

#166 5 years ago

I later realized in the pics I can see where my wax job got everywhere, so I'm going to Novus everything tomorrow to make it shiny. If I put more on I will take more pics, but need to get out my manuals and put together an order too! Good to meet you at Expo.

#167 5 years ago

I need to watch Last Action Hero again soon

#168 5 years ago

Those colored rubber rings sure add a new deminsion of color. I like it a lot!

#169 5 years ago

Got my first order from Titan. Matt was great to deal with and responded quickly to my concerns.

Just an FYI, the frosted lenses on the #47 and #555 bulbs are a bit long. They may not work on some insert circuit boards. For example, I was unable to use them on my F-14 for the chevron inserts.

The #47's did work great for the diverter landing/lock lights as the higher lens gave a better effect, IMO. I put the colored caps on them, too, and it made 'em look even better.

I plan on doing business with Titan again

leds.png

#170 5 years ago

I just placed my first order with Titan a couple days ago. Ordered quantity of just about all the hardware they had. I usually have to scrounge at my local Home Depot to find the parts (IF and when they even have them). Will be nice to have all those ready and on-hand and at reasonable prices too. I have a lot of machines and therefore a need for a lot of parts.

20140703_082744.jpg

Pinball parts storage. Quite a few drawers empty. Titan is helping fix that.

I'm due to reorder flipper parts. What's the best source for quantity for wms bally and stern parts?

#171 5 years ago

Matt, question I forgot to ask about your colored rubber rings and posts. You indicate they are the same as the red A45. Is that the 40 Duro or 50 Duro red, or am I just being silly and is it really 45 Duro?

#172 5 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

There is a little powder residue from the manufacturing process, and they get rubbed together a good bit during shipping. If you hit them with a little bit of Novus, they will shine up nicely.
    Thanks for posting the pictures!
    -Matt
    Titan Pinball

I always just take a bit of mild dish soap in cool water and wash the rubbers off and dry them before putting them on. That takes care of the residue on them

#173 5 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Good to meet you at Expo.

It was our pleasure. Thanks for coming by!

Quoted from KeithinMI:

I'm due to reorder flipper parts. What's the best source for quantity for wms bally and stern parts?

We get ours from Pinball Life.

Quoted from KeithinMI:

Is that the 40 Duro or 50 Duro red, or am I just being silly and is it really 45 Duro?

You're being silly
    We order everything at a Shore Durometer rating of A45

#174 5 years ago

Got my order yesterday! Thanks so much - fantastic products and quick service.

#175 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbott1701:

Just an FYI, the frosted lenses on the #47 and #555 bulbs are a bit long. They may not work on some insert circuit boards. For example, I was unable to use them on my F-14 for the chevron inserts.

Just use a longer plastic board spacer for the circuit boards

#176 5 years ago

We will be transferring to a new hosting company tonight. If all goes well, we should be back up soon.

Thanks!
    -Matt
    Titan Pinball

#177 5 years ago

Wow, working hard down there. Just placed an order and have a tracking number 30 minutes later.....Don't you take holidays off?

#178 5 years ago

What is this "holiday" of which you speak?

#179 5 years ago

Placed an order for a bunch of stuff. Im going to try green rubber on IJ and red on T2. Ill post pics when finished

#180 5 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Here are some pics of my LAH with new Titan-wear.

image-879.jpg 241 KB

image-654.jpg 296 KB

image-902.jpg 196 KB

image-376.jpg 234 KB

actually the blue rubbers look very good on the LAH. i may look at getting some. are they as bouncy and responsive as the white ?

you need cliffy protectors on those 3holes.

#181 5 years ago

I can't really judge bounciness at the moment because I put on the Titans rubbers, Super Bands, and 2 coats of wax all at the same time. So right now it's just insanely bouncy. lol They seem to be about the same just to the touch though.

As much as I love Cliffy, I'm not a big fan of the cliffy protectors on bunker holes. Actually, I probably would be fine on this game, but my JP came with them installed wrong (which is apparently a common thing with the weird-sized JP holes) and frustrated me so much that I violently ripped them out. Then later Cliffy told me what was wrong and how to fix it, but I never have. Honestly, these games don't get that much play anyway. We did put one on my mom's Addams and it seemed to play no different, so I may look into them for LAH later.

My parents are coming over for ribs and pinball today, but if I have time later I'm going to put the reds (after I clean them with Novus since I know that now) on my RFM to see how they look, and will post pics if I do.

#182 5 years ago

Got my order from Titan in two days. Here is a shot of green rubber in WOZ. I'm very happy with the quality and will be ordering again.

20140705_134151_3.jpg
    #183 5 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I later realized in the pics I can see where my wax job got everywhere, so I'm going to Novus everything tomorrow to make it shiny. If I put more on I will take more pics, but need to get out my manuals and put together an order too! Good to meet you at Expo.

One of the essential tools I find for waxing/"Novus-ing" a playfield is a child's toothbrush. Buy the "extra-soft" one and keep it around to get the wax/novus/etc. out of the grooves and tight places. You don't have to use much pressure to get the excess wax out but it works wonders on star posts and those other crevices where gunk gets and refuses to leave.

#184 5 years ago

My order arrived this morning. One suggestion I have Matt is for those of us who order lots of different size parts, could you please put a sticker on the zip locks with the size of the screws, nuts, washers, etc., or in the alternative, just write the size on them with a sharpie? Would save a lot of time from my/our end when separating the parts into bins, as I intend to do.

It's probably not an issue for those who order a few screws, nuts, etc. at a time but would save some effort for those of us who order a page-full of stuff at a time.

#185 5 years ago

That's a good suggestion. I assumed everyone could recognize a 8-32 x 3/8 pan head sems bolt.
    We'll start marking them.

Thanks!
    -Matt
    Titan Pinball

#186 5 years ago

GENIE PINBALL RUBBER LIST

13 - 3/8" OD
    21 - 3/8 ID
    2 - 1"
    6 - 1.5"
    3 - 2"
    1 - 3"
    3 - 3.5"
    1 - 5"
    3 - FLIPPER
    2 - MINI FLIPPER WITH RIDGE
    1 - TIP

4 weeks later
    #187 5 years ago

FIREBALL CLASSIC RUBBER LIST

5 - 3/8" ID
    3 - 7/16 ID
    1 - 1"
    2 - 1.5"
    4 - 2"
    1 - 2.5"
    3 - 3"
    2 - FLIPPER
    1 - TIP

#188 5 years ago

Thanks for posting these Vid. We are getting close to releasing a really neat solution for kits!

-Matt

2 weeks later
    #189 5 years ago

I bought some Titan frosted LEDs for use in GI a while ago and just tried them today in a Gottlieb DMD game. I was afraid that my previous Comet LEDs would not fit in the playfield openings due to the recessed GI sockets and I was correct. The Titan ones, however, fit perfectly! And they also have the warmest color of any warm whites I've so far tried! It's clear these were designed with Gottliebs in mind because their connecting band is smaller. However, be careful when twisting them into bayonet sockets. Unlike most suppliers, the lens is not separate and free-spinning from the LED. If you twist it the connection will break.

#190 5 years ago

Oh and I just bought 100 more.

#191 5 years ago

I think the world of Matt, and his products, and would recommend wholeheartedly.

But to be fair, and I emailed Crash before this post, he is comparing a Super bright 5050 SMD from us to an encapsulated diode. All resin encapsulated diodes, Titans, Mine, Nifty, Marco, CT are narrow enough to fit a Gottlieb.
    An 11mm diameter bulb. Since March, we have started changing over all our SMD to 11mm, so that the bulbs Crash purchased, a 5050, our fluted dome, and the Twin 2835 all fit Gottlieb playfield holes, and some unique Sterns like Nascar. My Apologies Matt, for jumping in this thread...I wanted to clarify a minor error..
    In either case, Matts just fine for LEDs too! He knows what to do and offers a quality product!

3 weeks later
    #192 5 years ago

I just placed my first order for the random parts kit and some spring steel. Love trying out new vendors. Very easy to order from your site, so bravo to that.

#193 5 years ago

Thanks a lot Richtofen. I appreciate the feedback.

Vid, I finally got your kits posted in our new database

You can see them here: http://www.titanpinball.com/kits/

If anyone missed the announcement, or has any questions, here is the thread:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-crowd-sourced-database-for-rubber-ring-kits-and-possibly-led-kits

Cheers,
    -Matt
    Titan Pinball

2 months later
    #194 4 years ago

Ordered a mixed bag of LED's this morning, already have tracking for shipping.

"Ooh, you're a quick one!"
    i044577[1].jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=al40zU32JpA#t=20

#195 4 years ago

Cool..I've been told they have the best purples LEDs, I ordered 70 bucks worth of purple LEDs for NF and MET from another vendor, which are basically useless, they're florescent white with a touch of pink, no where near purple. I will be ordering my next batch from Titan. Thank you Matt.

#196 4 years ago

Thank you for Sandler shout-out. We do our best to get orders out the same day.

We have had a lot of good feedback on our purple LEDs. There is also a full happiness guarantee on all of our products, so you can send them back if they are not to your liking

1 month later
    #197 4 years ago

I've had this pinball shooter rod rubber on No Good Gofers for months and it's holding up just fine!

1Tpinball2.jpg

1 month later
    #198 4 years ago

I just created a rubber ring kit at Titan Pinball for Star Wars Episode 1 (original colors from manual), but I'm not sure about the sizes for the following (Williams part number: description) ...

- 23-6535: rubber grommet (qty 3, white)
    Guess: Rubber Rings - 7/16 Inch O.D.
    - 23-6641: rubber bumper, 0.64" OD (qty 4, black)
    Guess: Rubber Rings - 3/16 Inch I.D.
    - 23-6556: rubber bumper sleeve (qty 1, black)
    Guess: Post Sleeves - 1 1/16 Inch (Standard)

I also chose red for the shooter tip, though the original color is not indicated.

Can someone please confirm my guesses (for equivalent items) above? I'd like to order this kit?

Thanks.

#199 4 years ago

I think you are correct on all of the above.

Thank you for adding your kit!

2 months later
    #200 4 years ago

Ordered about 60 assorted LED's (I'm missing some colors from my stock) this morning, once again I have shipping tracking by the time I got home. Titan is super quick turn-around on shipping.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 25.50
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 50.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    $ 10.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 199.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 40.00
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 12,500.00
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 225.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 269.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    There are 206 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside