(Topic ID: 103730)

Announcing the first official Pinside t-shirt! Pre-order now!

By robin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 185 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“A Pinside shirt was way overdue!”

• Absolutely! 135 votes
      84%
    • Definitely! 26 votes
      16%

(161 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C69D2D17-52F4-4D7B-A558-53B171273B48 (resized).jpeg
    image.jpg
    image-900.jpg
    20141101_160420[1].jpg
    20141101_160508[1].jpg
    Screenshot 2014-10-29 11.12.31.png
    PinsideShirt.jpg
    Pinside_shirt.jpg
    astronaut-selfie-aki-hoshide.jpg
    Pinside-Spaceman.jpg
    _pinsideShirt02.jpg
    _pinsideShirt01.jpg
    _pinsideShirtBoxes.jpg
    2009-Pinside-Tshirt.jpg
    tshirt-pinside.jpg
    gildan2000.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanClaytor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 9 years ago

Fellow Pinsiders!

First of all, I've just gotta say that I'm pretty darned excited that this day is here. Robin and I have been working on honing this design for the past couple months now, and it's been tough sitting on this information. I'm so glad we can finally share it with everyone!

Quoted from robin:

Although, plans to do an official Pinside t-shirt existed for a while but it wasn't until I got into contact with Ryan from Elephant Eater Comics that I found an artist who could visualize a design exactly like I was imagining it. Ryan is a comics artist and professor but also a Pinsider (and this guy is great to work with too!).

When Robin contacted me about his idea/offer, I was elated. ...and the enjoyment never waned throughout the project. Robin was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. If you see this guy at Expo, treat him right, or for goodness sake, donate to Pinside. (Did you see that site update yesterday!??!)

To everyone in this thread...

Quoted from mof:

That's RAD.
    You certainly depicted our community well...
    -mof

Quoted from Jared:

Love the design!

Quoted from frolic:

Just ordered the new one as well.

Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Just ordered mine to pick up at Expo.

Quoted from pmWolf:

Love it. Great work as always, Ryan.

Quoted from HumanFemale:

Ryan, I love your art! I'm so happy to see all these awesome t-shirts coming out!

Quoted from Skypilot:

I'm in , plan on wearing it home from Expo

Quoted from epthegeek:

Ryan is rapidly becoming the official pinball t-shirt design guy. That's not really a bad thing.

...sincerely, thank you for your overwhelming support and kind words. THIS DESIGN IS FOR YOU!!! Ha-ha!

To everyone else, I've pretty much been giggling like a school girl reading through the rest of your comments. Keep 'em comin'!

Dang-it, I love me some Pinside!

11490.gif11490.gif

WOO-HOO!!!
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

...make it FAT MAN friendly!

Hey Zitt,

I've admired your work on Star Trek Mirror Universe for quite some time (followed that thread religiously), so it makes me really bummed-out that we don't have a shirt in your size. I've contacted the printer to see if there's a way for us to add a 4XL or 5XL to the pre-order, even if we had to make it a slightly different style/manufacturer/color. I'll get back to you with what we can figure-out. Thanks for your interest and for chiming in here. Keep up the inspiring work and kudos on the well-deserved award at the TPF. I SO wish I could see your work in person.

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

Edit: Just FYI, it'll probably be Monday before I hear back from our printer. So if you don't hear back about this for the next few days, I didn't forget. Chat soon.

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Hilarious, ordered! Nice work Ryan.

Many thanks, Aurich! I appreciate you stopping by here and leaving some kind words. You know I've been a fan of your art for quite some time, so that means a lot.

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    http://www.ElephantEater.com

#81 9 years ago

Hey Zitt,

Quoted from Zitt:

...regarding my offer on Friday...

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I've contacted the printer to see if there's a way for us to add a 4XL or 5XL to the pre-order, even if we had to make it a slightly different style/manufacturer/color.

...I have a little update. It looks like it is possible. Here's what we managed to come up with:

gildan2000.pnggildan2000.png

This is the Gildan2000 shirt. It is 100% cotton (not ring-spun...not quite as soft) and in all likelihood a slightly different color (albeit close), but it does go up into the 4XL and 5XL sizes.

The printer is getting back to me with revised pricing on these, so I'll update again once I hear back. Shouldn't be any more than 24 hours before I know.

So, long story short, it looks like this can happen and with any luck it won't be at TOO much of a premium. Thanks again for your interest, Zitt (and others)! Chat soon!

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from EdisonArcade:

Love the design.

Thanks, EdisonArcade.

Quoted from EdisonArcade:

Love the design. I wonder if the artist is an R. Crumb fan?

It's hard to be a comics artist and not be influenced by Crumb in some way. I don't know if the word "fan" accurately describes my relationship with Crumb's work, as some of it is difficult for me to connect with (for example, when he shines a spotlight on his own misogynist and racist subconscious, even though it is being used as satire and self-critique...it's not usually the type of work I reach for during a slow point in my day), while other pieces in his ENORMOUS body of work are simply masterful (his biographical pieces on blues artists, his poster comic titled "A Short History of America," and his latest work transcribing the book of Genesis into comics form...to name but a few). So, to make a long story short, I'm certainly aware of him and have an appreciation for his work.

#87 9 years ago

Okay, so...

Quoted from Zitt:

...and...

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

long story short, it looks like this can happen and with any luck it won't be at TOO much of a premium

...it turns out it is NOT too much of a premium. In fact, 4XL and 5XL will both remain the same price as 3XL! (Original shirt price +$4) Woo-hoo!

Please keep in mind, 4XL and 5XL may be a slightly different color and quality of shirt (still 100% cotton, but not ring-spun...so not QUITE as soft).

ONE MORE THING!!! Female fitted shirts are also available! If you are a lady who doesn't fancy the straight-cut of the unisex shirts, these are for you. Female fitted shirts run in sizes S-XXL. Female fitted shirts will ONLY BE AVAILABLE VIA PRE-ORDER!!! Once the pre-order ends at the end of the day on Sunday (Sept 28th, 2014), we will not be printing additional female fitted shirts past the amount ordered.

Robin will be updating the original post and has already made changes to the sizes available on the order form, so these new sizes are available NOW!

Thanks again to Zitt for feedback and interest in our design! I can't wait to put one of these on my back!!!

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#89 9 years ago

Hi John,

I've sent a private message to Robin. Thanks for letting us know about the bug. We'll respond soon!

Best,
    Ryan

#95 9 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Thanks Robin and Ryan!
    A request. I have preferentially stopped buying cotton t shirts and try to buy all my shirts in the modern wicking fabrics. They are commonly available in "do it yourself" online stores today. Sometimes the colors are slightly off, but it's worth it to get the wicking fabric. They also cost a little more, but I don't mind.
    Would you consider this to be an option in the future?

Hi Nevus,

I've got an email into our printer. Checking to see if they even carry something like this.

Best,
    Ryan

#96 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Paid thanks.

Sweet! Glad we could accomodate the big guys in the hobby! Thanks, again, for your interest and support, John.

Quoted from Zitt:

BTW; why is this not a sticky?

Quoted from pmWolf:

It was, the last time I checked...

Same. I think it already is.

#98 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

It was me... I forgot no-unreads causes it to fall off the sticky.

Happens to the best of us. ...just means you're a diligent forum participant.

#99 9 years ago

By the way, just thought I'd mention, there's a chance you could WIN a FREE Pinside shirt by listening to the most recent Coast 2 Coast Pinball Podcast. Oh, and there's also an interview with me and some guy named Robin.

Just sayin'...episode 108,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

P.S. Thanks for havin' us on Nate! <-(Listening to Coast 2 Coast)

#102 9 years ago

Thanks for the kind feedback, Coasterguy!

Hope to see you at Expo,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#108 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Did you make this?

I think he means the shirt, not your daughter, Vid.

#117 9 years ago

Quick update: Another chance to win a Pinside shirt on the Gameroom Junkies Podcast. Episode 44, y'awl!!!

Good luck,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

#118 9 years ago

Aaaand a third chance to win a free Ryan Claytor illustrated official Pinside shirt on "THE Pinball Podcast" with Don and Jeff. Check out Episode 40!

More luck,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

1 week later
    #126 9 years ago

Hey Pinsiders!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I picked up the Pinside shirts from the printers today and they look AMAZING!!!

_pinsideShirt01.jpg_pinsideShirt01.jpg

_pinsideShirt02.jpg_pinsideShirt02.jpg

Can't wait to haul these into Expo. I'll be rolling into Chicago on Thursday with my 1-yr-old boy, so I might need some help schlepping these T's! (There are a LOT of them!) Ha-ha!

_pinsideShirtBoxes.jpg_pinsideShirtBoxes.jpg

The shirt printer wheeled these out to my van with a handtruck. At first I thought he was just being a wuss, but then I tried to lift them. Oof! Maybe someone at Expo will have a spare handtruck. Ha-ha!

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones this weekend!

Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#128 9 years ago

I'm gonna go out on a limb, speak for Robin, and say yes, you should be fine. As I mentioned above, the shirts will be arriving sometime on Thursday. No guarantee that I (the shirts) will make it for the Thursday Meet 'n' Greet (as traveling with a 1-year-old can be unpredictable), but I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the order, djhannu!

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

1 week later
    #149 9 years ago
    Quoted from Soapman:

Just got my shirt in. Look great!! Nice work Ryan!!

Quoted from NPO:

Got mine in as well; I love it !!

Quoted from joelreeves:

Just got our shirts today. Looks great!
    Awesome work, guys.

Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Just got mine. Lookin good!

Quoted from krivoap:

Mine just arrivd as well; not only does it look good, but it is also very comfortable!

Quoted from Zitt:

Ditto - I'm probably going to wait and wear mine at HAAG in houston next month.

Quoted from Astropin:

Got mine yesterday.....Thanks!

Quoted from pinaholic:

I love mine and am proud to wear it!

Wow...just when I thought this thread was dead on the vine. Y'all know how to make a guy feel good. Thanks so much for all the positive feedback AND I LOVE THE PHOTOS! Sooo cool! Glad they've been well received.

Quoted from policano:

Anyone know how they shipped? USPS or ups?

Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Mine was sent USPS First Class

Gracias, Zippy.

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#155 9 years ago

Nice "mod", Tecumseh!

1 week later
    #168 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Many thanks, mine arrived down under today.
    Looks great, good quality and it easily fits even the huskiest of gents like myself

Thanks for the great feedback, Jdfitzy-in-Aus! I've been accused of being "husky" in my youth, so I can appreciate a good husky-fit. Glad it arrived safely.

Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

Most orders ship same or next day - glad we can be of help to you Robin!

Thanks for jumpin' on-board for this, Mezels! I hear about your products on The Pinball Podcast all the time and tried to stop by to introduce myself at Expo, but you were SWAMPED every time I sauntered over. Regardless, thanks for the distribution with the shirts.

Ryan "Pinside Shirt Illustrator" Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

1 week later
    #173 9 years ago
    Quoted from vespo:

Shirt arrived to Spain yesterday

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Cool! something to go with my "Pinball at the Zoo" Tee!

Quoted from Toads:

Hard to make out but this IS a pinside shirt spotted at the pinball expo in Australia on the weekend...

We so inta-national!!!

Waves flipper fingers in the air,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanClaytor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-the-first-official-pinside-t-shirt-pre-order-yours-now?tu=RyanClaytor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.