(Topic ID: 110352)

Announcing the First Official Pinside Poster

By RyanClaytor

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1471959671779 (resized).jpg
    image_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    pinside.jpg
    20150125_092407.jpg
    Pinside Poster #5.JPG
    Pinside Poster #4.JPG
    Pinside Poster #3.JPG
    Pinside Poster #2.JPG
    Pinside Poster #1.JPG
    2015PatZPosterMock.jpg
    20150202_160056.jpg
    20150125_092407.jpg
    image-404.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-77.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanclaytor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hi Pinsiders,

After seeing the enthusiasm for the "First Official Pinside T-shirt" (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-the-first-official-pinside-t-shirt-pre-order-yours-now), Robin and I thought he and I might not be the only folks interested in dressing-up our gamerooms with a high-quality, limited-edition, 5-color screen-printed poster of my hand-illustrated Pinside design:

pinsideColorsFinal.jpgpinsideColorsFinal.jpg

As a picky artist, I want this poster to be big, archival, high-quality, and gorgeous. I had this quoted as a limited-edition screen-print (just like they used to do all the pinball playfields). It's on high-quality paper (#100 French paper), suitable for framing, and will be 18"x20" when complete. I will personally sign and number this limited-edition run (only 100 will be printed). Here's a mock-up of what it will look like:

pinsidePosterMock.jpgpinsidePosterMock.jpg

This poster will cost $25 (+$15 for shipping w/in USA or $25 outside USA, which includes heavy-duty shipping tubes and posters wrapped in craft paper to ensure an undamaged delivery). We need a pre-order commitment from 25 people before it would make sense for us to print these. If interested, please submit your payment here:

http://www.elephanteater.com/10486 <--(Scroll down a bit)

The pre-order window will run for the next 3 weeks (until Monday. Dec. 15th, 2014). If we reach the minimum 25 poster pre-order, the posters will be printed. If, at the end of Dec. 15th, we do not have 25 pre-orders, we will not print the posters.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,
    Ryan "First Official Pinside Artist" Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    http://www.ElephantEater.com

-----------------------

UPDATE (12/2/14): 25/25 needed pre-orders! Project is a go! Ordering is still available at the link above.

UPDATE THE 2ND: Specific number requests WILL be granted (assuming someone hasn't already claimed your desired number)! WOO-HOO!!!

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Awesome! I can't wait to see this framed in my gameroom. And maybe another one for the office!

I like the way you think, Robin.

Quoted from robin:

Calling dibs on #1/100 and #2/100 (That's only 98 left, folks!)

They're goin' fast!

Quoted from rlslick:

Count me in, this will look great in my gameroom! #3

Awesome! Thanks for the order, rlslick!

--------

UPDATE: 3 of 25 needed pre-orders purchased!

#9 9 years ago

Sweeeet! You guys rock.

Quoted from SealClubber:

Payment sent. I would like #13 if I can get that. Otherwise, any number will do.

Quoted from ff6735:

Hoping for #5

Quoted from GoodBadUgly:

I would like #61 if I can get that.

I am going to do everything in my power to grant your requested numbers. With that said, I have a couple of disclaimers:

1) I am not the one packaging these posters, so I'll have a chat with the company to see if they're open fulfilling specific numbered requests. *fingers crossed*

2) When I received paypal payments, I did not receive many "notes to merchant" regarding your requested number. It's difficult to cross-reference pinside and guess whose screen-name goes with birth names of buyers. So, if you wouldn't mind, please email me (ryan at elephanteater dot com) with you requested number. It's the only way I can fight for you to receive said number.

For future pre-order-ers, please include a quick note in the "notes to merchant" section of your paypal order. Something as simple as this will do:

"Can I get #13? Thanks, Sealclubber"

...thank YOU, Sealclubber. That makes my life easy.
    --------

UPDATE: 8 of 25 needed pre-orders purchased! 1/3 of the way there! WOO-HOO!!!

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

Just ordered mine

SO GREAT!!! Thanks, Gnatty.

Also...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE:

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

2) When I received paypal payments, I did not receive many "notes to merchant" regarding your requested number. It's difficult to cross-reference pinside and guess whose screen-name goes with birth names of buyers. So, if you wouldn't mind, please email me (ryan at elephanteater dot com) with you requested number. It's the only way I can fight for you to receive said number.

For future pre-order-ers, please include a quick note in the "notes to merchant" section of your paypal order. Something as simple as this will do:

"Can I get #13? Thanks, Sealclubber"

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

------

UPDATE: 9/25 needed pre-orders.

#13 9 years ago

Got it, Brian! Everything came through perfectly. Thanks for including your number request.

Oh yah, and now...

------

UPDATE: 10/25 needed pre-orders. Bewm.

#15 9 years ago

Thanks, slawnski!

Aaaaaaand...

------

UPDATE: 11/25 needed pre-orders.

#16 9 years ago

Another order rolled in that wasn't announced here.

------

UPDATE: 12/25 needed pre-orders.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from thall17:

Just sent payment

Muchas gracias, thall17!!!

Quoted from thall17:

hoping (begging) for #17/100

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I am not the one packaging these posters, so I'll have a chat with the company to see if they're open fulfilling specific numbered requests. *fingers crossed*

------

UPDATE: 13/25 needed pre-orders. OVER HALF-WAY THERE!!!

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

I made a vow after WOZ -
    No more pre-orders.

Guess I'm out.

It's understandable. I've been pretty shady about pre-orders in the past.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2014-pinball-at-the-zoo-poster

...sooo many unhappy customers.

Quoted from zippydapinhead:

I am wearing the shirt right now, so good 'nuff I guess.
    Keep it up Ryan!

In all seriousness, thanks for the kind words, Zip. Good seein' you around here.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Where's the poster showing us arguing, that's the one I want.

I proposed the idea to Robin, but then we had a 27-page email exchange fighting about the suggestion.

#27 9 years ago

UPDATE regarding specific number-requests. Earlier I mentioned:

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I am not the one packaging these posters, so I'll have a chat with the company to see if they're open fulfilling specific numbered requests. *fingers crossed*

Well, I stopped by the printers to pick up some other shirts today *a-hem* http://www.elephanteater.com/10435/ *a-hem* and they confirmed that they WILL ship specific number requests. So, if you don't see the number claimed above and would like to request a number when ordering, feel free. If you do not request a number, we'll just send you a number consistent with your place in line (first orders receive lower numbers, later orders receive higher numbers).

Just wanted to pass along the good news!

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

sst.gifsst.gif

#28 9 years ago

You are the man, Labnip.

------

UPDATE: 14/25 needed pre-orders.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I would like one. I can't pay till Friday (working out of the country right now...). Can I get on reserve list by chance and pay Friday night?

Of course! Have a good international Thanksgiving 'til then.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

If this isn't perfect placement between the poster button and the banner graphic, I don't know what is...

Ha-ha! My disembodied arms never looked so good.

Quoted from labnip:

this poster isn't dead yet !

'Tis merely a flesh wound!

Also, a Thanksgiving Day surprise:

------

UPDATE: 15/25 needed pre-orders. Thankful that we only need 10 more pre-orders to make this poster happen!

#37 9 years ago

Another Thanksgiving miracle:

------

UPDATE: 16/25 needed pre-orders. 9 to go!

#42 9 years ago

Hey, BR! Nice threads! I've always wanted to pay a visit to the ole' Black Rose Garcade.

Looks like my artwork beat me to it.

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

1 of those PinHeads around the Pin Should've lOoked like me . And say- either " Flip it " or " Led It "

If you buy a poster, I could draw a beard and horns on that "Flip it" guy for ya.

Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#43 9 years ago

Chalk-up another one!

-----------------------

UPDATE: 17/25 needed pre-orders.

#44 9 years ago

...and ANOTHER one!

-----------------------

UPDATE: 18/25 needed pre-orders.

#46 9 years ago

Even MOAR excitement:

-----------------------

UPDATE: 19/25 needed pre-orders. Over 75% of the way there in ONE WEEK! I think we can make this happen with a couple weeks left. Only 6 more orders needed!!!

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from kosmo:

Order placed !

Quoted from tjohns14:

Ok im in order placed.

Booyah.

---------

UPDATE: 21/25 needed pre-orders. Only 4 more orders needed!!!

#53 9 years ago

...and another couple.

---------

UPDATE: 23/25 needed pre-orders. Only 2 more orders needed!!!

#55 9 years ago

Oh dang!

---------

UPDATE: 24/25 needed pre-orders. Only 1 more order needed!!!

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Order placed.

Quoted from LEE400:

Order just placed

Woo-hoo! 25/25 needed pre-orders! Project is a go! Original post has also been updated to show that the necessary pre-order numbers were achieved. Ordering is still available at the link in original post:

http://www.elephanteater.com/10486

I'll have the file prepped for the printer by Monday at the latest (a surprising number of changes need to take place before that T-shirt image is ready for poster printing). I'll be posting up-to-the-minute updates on this thread (as you've seen thus far).

Thanks for making this poster a reality, guys! I think you'll be really pleased with the quality. As always, if you have any questions (about the poster ) don't hesitate to ask.

Best,
    Ryan "First Official Pinside Artist" Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

#62 9 years ago

Just noticed this, but why are Austin Powers and X-Files linked to this thread? In other news, LIONMAN!!!

#65 9 years ago

Pinsiders of fine taste,

Our dream is about to become a reality. I just finished revising the Pinside illustration file for poster printing and SENT IT OFF TO THE PRINTER!!! I'll be getting color mixes mocked and sent back to me around the beginning of this week (which I'll be sure to share here).

Updatin' fool,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

#71 9 years ago

Not yet. Honestly, I thought I'd have something to show you (proofs) by now, but I've been going back and forth with the printer over the past couple days. Traditionally, they do not take care of multiple individual shipments, so there is a bit more conversation that is happening than usual. They want every shipping address and limited-edition number request up front, so I gave them the excel spreadsheet this morning. (Couldn't yesterday, as I was working a 12 hour day.) Unfortunately there are no digital proofs to show you yet and no definitive turn-around time (it's the holiday rush for them), but rest assured, I've been working on this in the background. There was just nothing exciting to report yet...like proofs. As promised, though, when I get them I'll post 'em here.

As always, if you have any questions, just let me know.

Best,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

#73 9 years ago

Alright, guys, here comes the eye-candy update. Just approved proofs from the printer. Here are some digital approximations of what the color overlays and half-tones will look like. Here's the whole thing...

proof.jpgproof.jpg

...with a spot designated on the bottom left for limited edition numbering (signature will go on the right):

C4.pngC4.png

And here are some close-ups. (Click images for a larger and more accurate representation of the half-tones.) Enjoy.

C1.pngC1.png

C2.pngC2.png

C3.pngC3.png

Hope you dig! I'm really excited about it. The next update should be printing date, followed by a date when I can get myself to the printer to sign and number all of them before they get packed and shipped.

As usual, I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

#78 9 years ago

DanIsMe, #9 is yours!

#82 9 years ago

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to chime in with a brief update. I contacted the printer today and heard this:

"It looks like [the Pinside Poster is] on the schedule for this week but we can't say for sure when it will actually print. It's not our policy, mostly because we do get a lot of rush jobs coming through and often have to switch the schedule around to give those priority.

We'll let you know as soon as they have been printed so you can come in to sign them!"

Just wanted to give you some news about timeline. We didn't opt for a rush job because we didn't want to pass along additional costs. Looks like prints will likely be done this week, though, maybe next. That mean's I'll likely go in to sign them next week, at which point they will ship. ...fingers crossed, of course. I'll keep you updated as I hear anything new.

Thanks, again, for all your support and interest, everyone! As usual, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Happy Holidays (nice new festive logo image, Robin),
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#83 9 years ago

In this week of unprecedented pin-drama, HOW 'BOUT SOME GOOD NEWS!??!

Guess what...

OUR POSTERS ARE PRINTING AS WE SPEAK!!!! Here is some cell-phone picture proof from my inside man:

IMG_3014.JPGIMG_3014.JPGIMG_3015.JPGIMG_3015.JPGIMG_3017.JPGIMG_3017.JPGIMG_3019.JPGIMG_3019.JPGIMG_3021.JPGIMG_3021.JPGIMG_3023.JPGIMG_3023.JPG

The printer rep hasn't called me yet, so these are literally ON THE PRESS right now (and will need to dry before they are trimmed). I'll give you another update when I get the call (letting me know the job is complete) and know some more about signing and shipping dates. Just wanted to let you all know the good news!

Woo-hoo!!!
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#85 9 years ago

No prob, Rob. I was ready to run down there and get them today, but then was reminded that they need to dry. *sigh* BUT SOON! ...soon.

#90 9 years ago
    Quoted from tjohns14:

Ryan
    you are the best updater I have ever seen

Quoted from Gnatty:

Awesome, great job with these and keeping us informed.

Thank YOU for the kudos. Just doing what I would hope to hear, were I on the other side of the pre-order...especially in this wacky week of unexpected news.

Quoted from Gnatty:

Cant wait to matte and frame this bad boy!

Please share pics when you do! I'd love to see it.

Quoted from labnip:

you wouldn't happen to have an inside man at stern that could snap some MMR pics, would ya ?

You know the comic artist is the one who gets all the juicy gossip.

#92 9 years ago

#14 is available! Please see email I just sent to confirm your real identity. Thanks a bunch for the order!

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

i always thought Robin was the first official pinside "poster"

curly.jpgcurly.jpg

#95 9 years ago

ANOTHER UPDATE:

Alright, guys, I just worked-out logistics with printer, daycare, wife, etc etc etc. To expedite a boring story, I'll be heading into the printer on Monday (Dec. 22, 2014) to personally sign and number all the posters. This means they'll also ship on late Monday or early Tuesday, so you can start waiting near your mailbox late next week or the week after (international orders...maybe even the week after that???). Expect another update Monday afternoon/evening.

Thanks to all the pre-orderers for making this happen!

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

#98 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Just signed Robin's. 99 to go. Better update tonight.

#100 9 years ago

Update: Got food poisoning and hugged the toilet this evening. Thankfully that happened after the posters were all signed and shipped. Good news, posters are not delayed. Bad news, the final update is.

Thanks for your understanding,
    Ryan in bed

#102 9 years ago

Okay, I'm on the meand from whatever it was I ate yesterday, my little guy is down for a nap, which means I can now give you the nitty-gritty poster ditty you've all been waiting for. If you didn't see the announcements yesterday (back one page) THE POSTERS HAVE BEEN SENT!!! Woo-hoo!!!

So, when I arrived at the printer, this is what was waiting for me:

photo-1-(3).jpgphoto-1-(3).jpg

Oh my god, they look so glorious. Seriously, just drool over these exquisite half-tones and the immaculate registration for a moment (CLICK TO ENLARGE!!!)

photo 2 (3).JPGphoto 2 (3).JPG

So, I started signing and numbering these beauties (I even bought a grey pen to compliment the grey of the print)...

photo-3-(2).jpgphoto-3-(2).jpgphoto-4-(1).jpgphoto-4-(1).jpg

...but, I gotta say, it took me a little longer than I expected because I kept stopping to marvel at the amazing job the printer did with these. Ordinarily, I'd worry I was being hyperbolic about the poster quality and setting you all up for unreasonable expectations upon their arrival, but I'm a picky artist and I'm pretty certain you'll feel the same way once they arrive.

Speaking of their arrival, an employee walked up to me as I was about half-way through signing and numbering the posters and introduced himself as the guy who would be packaging and shipping the posters. Despite this being their business, I questioned him about their shipping methods because I REEEALLY want your product to arrive unscathed. He detailed their packaging method for me and by the end of our conversation my fears were assuaged. So, if there are any reports of poster damage, please let me know, although I'm convinced that won't be the case. Anyhow, the shipping fellow then asked me,

"So, are you a pinball guy?"

To which I responded, "Well...I'm sort of a pinball, comics artist, professor guy."

He replied, "My buddies and I used to have about 5 pins in our old apartment that one of them would continually rotate."

"I've got 5 pins in my basement right now," I told him. "Which one's did you have?"

Awesome conversation ensued, which resulted in him showing me this:

photo 5.JPGphoto 5.JPG

All this to say, your posters are in the good hands of a fellow pin-head. I couldn't believe the serendipity.

I asked him if he knew about Pinside, but sadly he is not one of us. I explained the site to him, so maybe we'll have a new recruit before too long. Anyhow, anyone with a Williams SuperPin logo tattoo is alright in my book.

superpin.jpgsuperpin.jpg

If you've read this far, I salute you. If you've pre-ordered a poster, I salute you a second time. These wouldn't have been produced without your help. I hope you'll post some pictures of where your posters end up. There has been a lot of talk about matting, framing, and gameroom hanging. I'd love to see their final destination.

Finally, for anyone still interested in purchasing a poster, the same link is still active and we have more in stock.

Take care, guys, and happy holidays!
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#109 9 years ago
    Quoted from ff6735:

I really appreciate your work and time.

Thanks, Paul. I appreciate you putting your faith is Robin and me to make this happen.

Quoted from ff6735:

I'll be sure to frame it and post a photo of it sometime next month when all is settled.

Can't wait!

Quoted from robin:

Awesome stuff, very impressive Ryan. Big thanks for your help in this

I think it's about time your office had a bit of decoration.

Thanks!

Quoted from thedefog:

Love screen printing.

ME TOO!!!

Quoted from BloodyCactus:

thats sweet looking! ordered one.

Quoted from Robotoes:

WOO! Haven't looked at this in awhile, but just ordered mine.

Fabulous! Will be in touch shortly.

Quoted from Robotoes:

Are all 100 spoken for/can I request a number?

Not all 100 are spoken for, as we're still taking orders, however the numbers are now severely limited. It might be best to send me a list of your top three choices at this point, if you're really interested in a specific number. If not, I'll send you the lowest number still available.

Quoted from labnip:

did you eat at the cheesecake factory ?

Ha-haha!!! My wife does work in Africa and she adores the Cheesecake Factory. I'll let you imagine how much she loved this video. (I thought it was pretty darn funny, though.)

#111 9 years ago

Lee, with you living in Michigan, you shouldn't have to wait too long!

#123 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

I received mine today, absolutely stunning print! Thanks Ryan!

Quoted from pinster68:

Mine just arrived, thanks Ryan!

Yay! So glad to hear it. ...and thanks for the kind words.

Quoted from fiberdude120:

Framed yet? I didn't even get it yet.

Quoted from J_Striker:

I haven't got mine yet... bah hum bug

So, the printer just informed me today (after I tried to get my finalized invoice from them) that they only shipped the last remaining prints TODAY(!??!). My sincerest apologies, as I was under the impression they all shipped at once. I have no idea why they didn't, and honestly I didn't press the issue since they are now shipped and getting all worked-up at the printer wouldn't do any good at this point. SO, if you're still waiting, yours should arrive within a week, I would imagine. If it doesn't, please contact me. I'd like everyone to have a pleasant experience here.

Quoted from jfesler:

Watching the post carefully

If the careful watching of this post is because you've not yet received yours either, please see above. If you're watching carefully to see the final framed iterations, ME TOO!!!

Later guys,
    Ryan "Careful Watcher" Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

#126 9 years ago

Update: So, the printer sent me some tracking numbers today. If your poster hasn't arrived yet and you're worried about it arriving (which you shouldn't be yet, but in these times I can certainly understand how someone might have some pre-order jitters), feel free to PM me with your real name and I'll look up your UPS tracking number. My honest guess is that everyone should have their posters within a week, and it sounds like many have already arrived...so hopefully that's some peace-of-mind.

Quoted from slawnski:

Received mine Yesterday! Thank you very much- Awesome Print! I'll post when I get it framed and in place in the game room

Great news, and can't wait to see what you do with it, slawnski!

Quoted from J_Striker:

Thanks Ryan, I am in no rush... I know it will be worth the wait

Thanks, JRW, much appreciated.

#134 9 years ago
    Quoted from DoubleViper:

Well here is mine....not sure if this will be the final resting spot but will do for now.
    Thanks Ryan...awesome job on poster.

Wow, a place of honor. Looks great, DoubleViper! ...and SWEET line-up! Good luck getting any work done.

Thanks for sharing,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#140 9 years ago

Got mine today,just dropped it off at the frame shop. Will have a picture of it around Jan 17th.

Exciting news, fiberdude! Lookin' forward to seeing the results!

#145 9 years ago
    Quoted from dgarrett:

Got #62. Ryan responded very quickly.

I do what I can!

#149 9 years ago
    Quoted from teachp8:

I got mine today - thanks Ryan - and I have to say that calling it a poster really doesn't do it justice. The quality of the paper and the print is exceptional. Thank you so much for this! #48.

I'm so happy to hear that these quality choices did not go unnoticed. I knew you all were discerning folks. Thanks for the kind words, teachp8!

Quoted from labnip:

think my poster arrived, but i'm in mexico city this week

I almost thumbs-downed that post, labnip. Ha-ha! I feel sad for you. At least you'll have a nice tubular surprise waiting for you upon your arrival back home. (That came out a lot worse than I intended.)

#154 9 years ago
    Quoted from thall17:

Ryan,
    Should I be worried? Have not received mine yet 17/100, I am in Michigan....
    Thanks

Let's not worry just yet, but please PM me with your information (name, address, etc) so we can start looking into this.

Thanks, thall17!

-Ryan

#156 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

...there it is front and center in my home office.

Happy early morning, pinster68.

Thanks for posting this (and great office, BTW!)

Quoted from pinster68:

...frame at IKEA today that worked pretty well.

For anyone interested in framing their poster, another option to consider is using sectional frames from a place like Michael's, Hobby Lobby, or Jerry's Artarama.

http://www.jerrysartarama.com/discount-art-supplies/framing-and-matting/ready-made-metal-frames/basic-metal-sectional-frame-kit.htm

It's an easy way to customize and frame something that is an odd size, like the Pinside poster.

Hope this helps, guys!
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

#158 9 years ago

No problem. Glad to help.

Quoted from pinster68:

despite having several glass cutting tools in my box of old tools, I don't have the courage yet to try

You can get glass cut at almost any hardware store (local or big box). Pretty cheap, too!

#160 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

...and this week i'm in Lafayette, like 20 minutes from TigerLaw.
    ...good grief, i'm never going to get to see this poster in person

GO HOME!!!

1 week later
    #165 9 years ago

Wow, that looks great in that silver/grey frame! I like how the "L" shape of the pinball machine frames it as well. Thanks for sharing, Gnatty! (...and for passing along the kind sentiments from the framers.)

Best,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#168 9 years ago

Sorry it took so long Ryan,

but here it is.

Matted even!!! Gettin' fancy, fiberdude120! I love it!

Thanks for sharing,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

#171 9 years ago
    Quoted from bobbyt:

got mine today , high quality poster, can't wait to frame it and get it hanging in the game room, thank you Ryan for sharing your talent with us

It's comments like these that make being involved with this community so rewarding. Thanks for your kind words, BobbyT.

Quoted from gweempose:

I dropped mine off at the framing shop a couple days ago. Can't wait to get it back and hang it in my game room.

Woo-hoo! Don't forget to upload a pic when you're done, Brian. I'd be interested to see it's ultimate resting place, and what sort of a framing treatment you chose.

#174 9 years ago

That looks great, bobbyT! Never woulda guessed it was such a low-tech solution for matting your piece! Nice work. Thanks for uploading a pic (and link) for the rest of us!

P.S. That speaker panel looks SWEET!!!

Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#175 9 years ago

P.P.S. While I'm here, I figured I would let you guys know about another custom poster I just illustrated:

2015PatZPosterMock.jpg2015PatZPosterMock.jpg

We're taking pre-orders this month. Details here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-pinball-at-the-zoo-poster-pre-order

For anyone interested, it's the same artist, same printer, same high-quality product you've come to know and love through the Pinside poster.

Take care, guys!
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

1 week later
    #177 9 years ago

Brian that framed poster is lookin' SIIIIICK!!! I love the triple-matted treatment with the complimenting Pinside logo colors. Keepin' it classy in Northbrook!

Thanks for sharing!
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

#179 9 years ago
    Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

So this poster doesn't fit standard poster frames 20"x24", etc?

Not comfortably. The poster is 18"x20".

Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Curious what it ended up costing, plus or minus, to have it framed??

If cost is an issue, there've been some low-cost alternatives mentioned in this thread to help you avoid paying someone to custom frame it:

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

For anyone interested in framing their poster, another option to consider is using sectional frames from a place like Michael's, Hobby Lobby, or Jerry's Artarama.

http://www.jerrysartarama.com/discount-art-supplies/framing-and-matting/ready-made-metal-frames/basic-metal-sectional-frame-kit.htm

It's an easy way to customize and frame something that is an odd size, like the Pinside poster.

Hope this helps, guys!
    Ryan Claytor

Quoted from pinster68:

My intent was to disassemble the IKEA frame. The sections looked like they can be pulled apart, then a mitre saw with a fine metal-cutting blade should get the right dimensions. The last part is the glass. The IKEA frame comes with glass, but despite having several glass cutting tools in my box of old tools, I don't have the courage yet to try. For now, it'll do. I'll upgrade at a later date.

Regards,

Brian

edit: okay, my courage just improved:
    » YouTube video

8 months later
    #188 8 years ago
    Quoted from Scrmblr2:

any prints left?

Quoted from bkfiv:

I'm curious too.

Quoted from mark532011:

Any of the original 100 available (any number) or a new run planned?

Quoted from thall17:

Anymore posters available?

Hey, guys!

Ryan Claytor, here; Pinside poster artist and order fulfiller.

Since the Pinside update hit last week and the poster banner has been in regular rotation on the Forum homepage, I've been receiving and shipping several orders for this print. Sorry I didn't think to check back on this thread until now.

To answer your question:

Quoted from nvu4prod:

Ryan still has them available

It's true, prints are still available. You can still go right here:

...just scroll past the images and you'll find a paypal button. (That's the same link from the original post, and the payment button is still active.)

Regarding number availability, there isn't anything below #50 available. In fact, my lowest # currently available is 54. I also I have a healthy selection of number availability upward from there (it was a limited run of 100, FYI). If a number is important to you, probably the best way to do it would be to organize a list of your desired numbers (54 an above), order them in preference from most desired to least desired, and I'll report back to you with the number that was highest on your list.

If you do not care about number selection, well hey, that makes things pretty easy.

If I can answer any other question, please let me know. I'll do my best to keep an eye on this thread. Otherwise, you can email me directly or simply PM me from this site. I check both more than any reasonable person should.

Take care, guys!
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#189 8 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Regarding number availability, there isn't anything below #50 available. In fact, my lowest # currently available is 54.

Edit to above listing. #54 has now been claimed. (Shoulda checked my email before making that post.) Number-interested buyers, please make your choice from #56 and above.

Thanks,
    Ryan again

#190 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It's official, $29.99 limited to 5000 LE prints:

Vid was so close to the facts. ...if by $29.99 he meant $25 (+$15 shipping US) and by 5000 he meant 5000 divided by 50. (Limited-edition of 100, for those uninterested in math on their hobby website.)

Thanks, Vid!

4 months later
    #194 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dexter:

Ryan - Posters still available? Is #58 still for sale?

Didn't see this until right now. (PM is the way to go for quicker response.) I'm not sure, but I'll check once I get home.

Quoted from ff6735:

Fiancé brought it to Michaels, set a nice matte, good reduced glare glass and a complimenting frame. Came out awesome I think.

Wow, that looks killer. I like the matte job and the silver frame is a nice nod to the ole' silver ball. Thanks for posting this image, FF!

#196 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Does Michael's offer a framing service

Michael's does. As does Hobby Lobby, if you have one of those nearby.

#197 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dexter:

Ryan - Posters still available? Is #58 still for sale?

UPDATE: Posters are, indeed still for sale:

http://www.elephanteater.com/10486 < - - (Scroll down a bit.)

...and #58 is still available.

Also, PM sent.

7 months later
    #205 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dexter:

Attached is my framing of Ryan's awesome work!

Wow, you nailed those Pinside colors on your framing job. REALLY nice treatment. Thanks for posting!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanclaytor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-the-first-official-pinside-poster?tu=ryanclaytor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.