(Topic ID: 110352)

Announcing the First Official Pinside Poster

By RyanClaytor

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1471959671779 (resized).jpg
    image_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    pinside.jpg
    20150125_092407.jpg
    Pinside Poster #5.JPG
    Pinside Poster #4.JPG
    Pinside Poster #3.JPG
    Pinside Poster #2.JPG
    Pinside Poster #1.JPG
    2015PatZPosterMock.jpg
    20150202_160056.jpg
    20150125_092407.jpg
    image-404.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-77.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinster68.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago

I'll take #68

BKC

#12 9 years ago

Ryan - actually I just submitted my order - but didn't catch the option to edit the order details before executing the transaction. Anyhoo, I sent you a separate email with all my info. Looking forward to it.

Brian

1 week later
    #64 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Awesome!
    I'm gonnna start looking for a frame that fits this baby. Maybe have one made to size.

I have a local frame shop that does an amazing job matching frames to the art. Expensive, but worth it to get a frame that compliments the art so well.

#74 9 years ago

Thanks for the update Ryan

1 week later
    #101 9 years ago

Feel better Ryan ... and just in time to stuff your face again over the holidays.

#114 9 years ago
    Quoted from ff6735:

Anyone get there's framed yet?
    I'm outta town but have been told by my super supportive girlfriend it has arrived.
    I'm trying to figure out how to do it. But want to turn this into a yearbook of sorts. By this I mean matte and frame it. Each pinsider that visits my home I'd like for them to sign on the matted portion. Thoughts?

Not a bad idea. Got a sample of what you're looking to do? I can sort of picture it, but not quite.

#119 9 years ago

Mine just arrived, thanks Ryan!

1 week later
    #155 9 years ago

Apologies to the grainy, wide-angle shot ... but there it is front and center in my home office. I found a nice brushed aluminum frame at IKEA today that worked pretty well.

image-77.jpgimage-77.jpg

P.s., I'll get a nicer closeup shot later today when the sun's up. The frame is a low budget option, but looks great.

#157 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Happy early morning, pinster68.
    Thanks for posting this (and great office, BTW!)

For anyone interested in framing their poster, another option to consider is using sectional frames from a place like Michael's, Hobby Lobby, or Jerry's Artarama.
    http://www.jerrysartarama.com/discount-art-supplies/framing-and-matting/ready-made-metal-frames/basic-metal-sectional-frame-kit.htm
    It's an easy way to customize and frame something that is an odd size, like the Pinside poster.
    Hope this helps, guys!
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    http://www.ElephantEater.com

Thanks Ryan.

My intent was to disassemble the IKEA frame. The sections looked like they can be pulled apart, then a mitre saw with a fine metal-cutting blade should get the right dimensions. The last part is the glass. The IKEA frame comes with glass, but despite having several glass cutting tools in my box of old tools, I don't have the courage yet to try. For now, it'll do. I'll upgrade at a later date.

Regards,

Brian

edit: okay, my courage just improved:

1 year later
    #193 7 years ago
    Quoted from ff6735:

It's been the better part of a year or more, but I finally got around to getting it out of the tube. Man it looks awesome finished and framed.
    Fiancé brought it to Michaels, set a nice matte, good reduced glare glass and a complimenting frame. Came out awesome I think.

image_(resized).jpeg

Framing looks great. Nice job.

#195 7 years ago
    Quoted from ff6735:

It's been the better part of a year or more, but I finally got around to getting it out of the tube. Man it looks awesome finished and framed.
    Fiancé brought it to Michaels, set a nice matte, good reduced glare glass and a complimenting frame. Came out awesome I think.

image_(resized).jpeg

Does Michael's offer a framing service, or is this DIY?

#199 7 years ago
    Quoted from ff6735:

Yes, Michaels did the framing matting etc. We brought it down, they showed us options and about a week and a half later she picked it up.

Mind me asking the cost? My local frame shop charges a fortune.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinster68.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-the-first-official-pinside-poster?tu=pinster68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.