(Topic ID: 110352)

Announcing the First Official Pinside Poster

By RyanClaytor

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1471959671779 (resized).jpg
    image_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    pinside.jpg
    20150125_092407.jpg
    Pinside Poster #5.JPG
    Pinside Poster #4.JPG
    Pinside Poster #3.JPG
    Pinside Poster #2.JPG
    Pinside Poster #1.JPG
    2015PatZPosterMock.jpg
    20150202_160056.jpg
    20150125_092407.jpg
    image-404.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-77.jpg
    There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 9 years ago

Ryan,

Should I be worried? Have not received mine yet 17/100, I am in Michigan....

Thanks

#152 9 years ago

What color frame do people recommend? I guess I will have to have a custom one made as I don't see the size in Hobby Lobby.

#153 9 years ago

Got mine! Looks great!! Thank you

#154 9 years ago
    Quoted from thall17:

Ryan,
    Should I be worried? Have not received mine yet 17/100, I am in Michigan....
    Thanks

Let's not worry just yet, but please PM me with your information (name, address, etc) so we can start looking into this.

Thanks, thall17!

-Ryan

#155 9 years ago

Apologies to the grainy, wide-angle shot ... but there it is front and center in my home office. I found a nice brushed aluminum frame at IKEA today that worked pretty well.

image-77.jpgimage-77.jpg

P.s., I'll get a nicer closeup shot later today when the sun's up. The frame is a low budget option, but looks great.

#156 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

...there it is front and center in my home office.

Happy early morning, pinster68.

Thanks for posting this (and great office, BTW!)

Quoted from pinster68:

...frame at IKEA today that worked pretty well.

For anyone interested in framing their poster, another option to consider is using sectional frames from a place like Michael's, Hobby Lobby, or Jerry's Artarama.

http://www.jerrysartarama.com/discount-art-supplies/framing-and-matting/ready-made-metal-frames/basic-metal-sectional-frame-kit.htm

It's an easy way to customize and frame something that is an odd size, like the Pinside poster.

Hope this helps, guys!
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    http://www.ElephantEater.com

#157 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Happy early morning, pinster68.
    Thanks for posting this (and great office, BTW!)

For anyone interested in framing their poster, another option to consider is using sectional frames from a place like Michael's, Hobby Lobby, or Jerry's Artarama.
    http://www.jerrysartarama.com/discount-art-supplies/framing-and-matting/ready-made-metal-frames/basic-metal-sectional-frame-kit.htm
    It's an easy way to customize and frame something that is an odd size, like the Pinside poster.
    Hope this helps, guys!
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

Thanks Ryan.

My intent was to disassemble the IKEA frame. The sections looked like they can be pulled apart, then a mitre saw with a fine metal-cutting blade should get the right dimensions. The last part is the glass. The IKEA frame comes with glass, but despite having several glass cutting tools in my box of old tools, I don't have the courage yet to try. For now, it'll do. I'll upgrade at a later date.

Regards,

Brian

edit: okay, my courage just improved:

#158 9 years ago

No problem. Glad to help.

Quoted from pinster68:

despite having several glass cutting tools in my box of old tools, I don't have the courage yet to try

You can get glass cut at almost any hardware store (local or big box). Pretty cheap, too!

#159 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I'm so happy to hear that these quality choices did not go unnoticed. I knew you all were discerning folks. Thanks for the kind words, teachp8!

I almost thumbs-downed that post, labnip. Ha-ha! I feel sad for you. At least you'll have a nice tubular surprise waiting for you upon your arrival back home. (That came out a lot worse than I intended.)

...and this week i'm in Lafayette, like 20 minutes from TigerLaw.
    ...good grief, i'm never going to get to see this poster in person

#160 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

GO HOME!!!

#161 9 years ago

I got mine. Looks great. Going in game room for sure.

#162 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

Your about an hour away. What day will you be driving back? PavBall and I are tied up Monday and Tuesday but perhaps we can have a few people over on Wednesday or Thursday.

#163 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Your about an hour away. What day will you be driving back? PavBall and I are tied up Monday and Tuesday but perhaps we can have a few people over on Wednesday or Thursday.

hola...

current plan is to get there mon night.
    there mon-thur.
    then head back thurs, leave some time around 11a-1p.

great to connect if all the stars align.
    i'll take something besides suits just in case.

#164 9 years ago

Just got back my print from the frame shop, they thought the print was gorgeous, very high quality. Hung it up as well, Thenk You!image-404.jpgimage-404.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#165 9 years ago

Wow, that looks great in that silver/grey frame! I like how the "L" shape of the pinball machine frames it as well. Thanks for sharing, Gnatty! (...and for passing along the kind sentiments from the framers.)

Best,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#166 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

Just got back my print from the frame shop, they thought the print was gorgeous, very high quality. Hung it up as well, Thenk You!

image.jpg 37 KB

image-404.jpg 25 KB

Looks awesome! do you know what size that frame is?

#167 9 years ago

Sorry it took so long Ryan,20150125_092407.jpg20150125_092407.jpg but here it is.

#168 9 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Sorry it took so long Ryan,

but here it is.

Matted even!!! Gettin' fancy, fiberdude120! I love it!

Thanks for sharing,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

#169 9 years ago

got mine today , high quality poster, can't wait to frame it and get it hanging in the game room, thank you Ryan for sharing your talent with us

#170 9 years ago

I dropped mine off at the framing shop a couple days ago. Can't wait to get it back and hang it in my game room.

#171 9 years ago
    Quoted from bobbyt:

got mine today , high quality poster, can't wait to frame it and get it hanging in the game room, thank you Ryan for sharing your talent with us

It's comments like these that make being involved with this community so rewarding. Thanks for your kind words, BobbyT.

Quoted from gweempose:

I dropped mine off at the framing shop a couple days ago. Can't wait to get it back and hang it in my game room.

Woo-hoo! Don't forget to upload a pic when you're done, Brian. I'd be interested to see it's ultimate resting place, and what sort of a framing treatment you chose.

#172 9 years ago

Hi Robin. I just listened to an interview with you and gameroom junkies today. You were talking about ideas for monetizing the site. This is a great idea and looks like it is working. You deserve it. Keep em coming! The more you can monetize the site the more time you can spend on improving and tweaking this great site

A shucks you even deserve a kiss

#173 9 years ago

looks great in my game room next to my favorite pin

20150202_160056.jpg20150202_160056.jpg

I used this frame http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002NLGR10/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I spray painted the cardboard backing with satin black , thanks Ryan!

#174 9 years ago

That looks great, bobbyT! Never woulda guessed it was such a low-tech solution for matting your piece! Nice work. Thanks for uploading a pic (and link) for the rest of us!

P.S. That speaker panel looks SWEET!!!

Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#175 9 years ago

P.P.S. While I'm here, I figured I would let you guys know about another custom poster I just illustrated:

2015PatZPosterMock.jpg2015PatZPosterMock.jpg

We're taking pre-orders this month. Details here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-pinball-at-the-zoo-poster-pre-order

For anyone interested, it's the same artist, same printer, same high-quality product you've come to know and love through the Pinside poster.

Take care, guys!
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

1 week later
    #176 9 years ago

I finally got my poster back from Michaels. I think it turned out great!

Pinside Poster #1.JPGPinside Poster #1.JPG Pinside Poster #2.JPGPinside Poster #2.JPG Pinside Poster #3.JPGPinside Poster #3.JPG Pinside Poster #4.JPGPinside Poster #4.JPG Pinside Poster #5.JPGPinside Poster #5.JPG
    #177 9 years ago

Brian that framed poster is lookin' SIIIIICK!!! I love the triple-matted treatment with the complimenting Pinside logo colors. Keepin' it classy in Northbrook!

Thanks for sharing!
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

#178 9 years ago

So this poster doesn't fit standard poster frames 20"x24", etc? Curious what it ended up costing, plus or minus, to have it framed??

#179 9 years ago
    Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

So this poster doesn't fit standard poster frames 20"x24", etc?

Not comfortably. The poster is 18"x20".

Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Curious what it ended up costing, plus or minus, to have it framed??

If cost is an issue, there've been some low-cost alternatives mentioned in this thread to help you avoid paying someone to custom frame it:

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Hope this helps, guys!
    Ryan Claytor

Quoted from pinster68:

My intent was to disassemble the IKEA frame. The sections looked like they can be pulled apart, then a mitre saw with a fine metal-cutting blade should get the right dimensions. The last part is the glass. The IKEA frame comes with glass, but despite having several glass cutting tools in my box of old tools, I don't have the courage yet to try. For now, it'll do. I'll upgrade at a later date.

Regards,

Brian

edit: okay, my courage just improved:
    » YouTube video

#180 9 years ago
    Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

So this poster doesn't fit standard poster frames 20"x24", etc? Curious what it ended up costing, plus or minus, to have it framed??

My frame was on sale and it cost me around $90.00 with mat.

20150125_092407.jpg20150125_092407.jpg
    1 week later
    #181 9 years ago

still need to get mine framed

8 months later
    #182 8 years ago

Anymore posters available?

#183 8 years ago

ya. I just found out about this. Any of the original 100 available (any number) or a new run planned?

#184 8 years ago

It's official, $29.99 limited to 5000 LE prints:

pinside.jpgpinside.jpg

#185 8 years ago

So I am a newbie to the site and just stumble on this thread.....any prints left?

#186 8 years ago
    Quoted from mark532011:

ya. I just found out about this. Any of the original 100 available (any number) or a new run planned?

Bump. I'm curious too.

#187 8 years ago
    Quoted from mark532011:

Ryan still has them available, I just ordered one from him last weekend. Great guy to deal with!

Contact him at: http://www.elephanteater.com/10486 (scroll down a bit)

I'm sure he will respond quickly!

#188 8 years ago
    Quoted from Scrmblr2:

any prints left?

Quoted from bkfiv:

I'm curious too.

Quoted from mark532011:

Any of the original 100 available (any number) or a new run planned?

Quoted from thall17:

Anymore posters available?

Hey, guys!

Ryan Claytor, here; Pinside poster artist and order fulfiller.

Since the Pinside update hit last week and the poster banner has been in regular rotation on the Forum homepage, I've been receiving and shipping several orders for this print. Sorry I didn't think to check back on this thread until now.

To answer your question:

Quoted from nvu4prod:

Ryan still has them available

It's true, prints are still available. You can still go right here:

http://www.elephanteater.com/10486

...just scroll past the images and you'll find a paypal button. (That's the same link from the original post, and the payment button is still active.)

Regarding number availability, there isn't anything below #50 available. In fact, my lowest # currently available is 54. I also I have a healthy selection of number availability upward from there (it was a limited run of 100, FYI). If a number is important to you, probably the best way to do it would be to organize a list of your desired numbers (54 an above), order them in preference from most desired to least desired, and I'll report back to you with the number that was highest on your list.

If you do not care about number selection, well hey, that makes things pretty easy.

If I can answer any other question, please let me know. I'll do my best to keep an eye on this thread. Otherwise, you can email me directly or simply PM me from this site. I check both more than any reasonable person should.

Take care, guys!
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#189 8 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Regarding number availability, there isn't anything below #50 available. In fact, my lowest # currently available is 54.

Edit to above listing. #54 has now been claimed. (Shoulda checked my email before making that post.) Number-interested buyers, please make your choice from #56 and above.

Thanks,
    Ryan again

#190 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It's official, $29.99 limited to 5000 LE prints:

Vid was so close to the facts. ...if by $29.99 he meant $25 (+$15 shipping US) and by 5000 he meant 5000 divided by 50. (Limited-edition of 100, for those uninterested in math on their hobby website.)

Thanks, Vid!

3 months later
    #191 8 years ago

Ryan - Posters still available? Is #58 still for sale?

3 weeks later
    #192 8 years ago

It's been the better part of a year or more, but I finally got around to getting it out of the tube. Man it looks awesome finished and framed.

Fiancé brought it to Michaels, set a nice matte, good reduced glare glass and a complimenting frame. Came out awesome I think.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#193 8 years ago
    Quoted from ff6735:

It's been the better part of a year or more, but I finally got around to getting it out of the tube. Man it looks awesome finished and framed.
    Fiancé brought it to Michaels, set a nice matte, good reduced glare glass and a complimenting frame. Came out awesome I think.

image_(resized).jpeg

Framing looks great. Nice job.

#194 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dexter:

Didn't see this until right now. (PM is the way to go for quicker response.) I'm not sure, but I'll check once I get home.

Quoted from ff6735:

Wow, that looks killer. I like the matte job and the silver frame is a nice nod to the ole' silver ball. Thanks for posting this image, FF!

#195 8 years ago
    Quoted from ff6735:

image_(resized).jpeg

Does Michael's offer a framing service, or is this DIY?

#196 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Does Michael's offer a framing service

Michael's does. As does Hobby Lobby, if you have one of those nearby.

#197 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dexter:

UPDATE: Posters are, indeed still for sale:

http://www.elephanteater.com/10486 < - - (Scroll down a bit.)

...and #58 is still available.

Also, PM sent.

#198 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Does Michael's offer a framing service, or is this DIY?

Yes, Michaels did the framing matting etc. We brought it down, they showed us options and about a week and a half later she picked it up. Can't wait to see it in person.

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Didn't see this until right now. (PM is the way to go for quicker response.) I'm not sure, but I'll check once I get home.

Wow, that looks killer. I like the matte job and the silver frame is a nice nod to the ole' silver ball. Thanks for posting this image, FF!

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Thanks for creating this man. It took a while but a couple local buddies are fairly envious after seeing the photos so far. She has good taste, not only did she pick out the style, she picked out me

#199 8 years ago
    Quoted from ff6735:

Yes, Michaels did the framing matting etc. We brought it down, they showed us options and about a week and a half later she picked it up.

Mind me asking the cost? My local frame shop charges a fortune.

#200 8 years ago

Michaels charges a fortune too. I'd guess with the anti glare glass that frame cost $150-$200. Maybe more

There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-the-first-official-pinside-poster/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.