Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 237 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 8.26.32 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 8.26.22 PM (resized).png
    IMG_6287 (resized).PNG
    IMG_6228 (resized).PNG
    content_41459d0eef0e8c31c9911111ddb1a4eb56f58b631373451527_1_ (resized).jpg
    Pinside Peanuts karamazov (resized).jpg
    pinsidewinter (resized).png
    tiers (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    4 (resized).png
    IMG_0376 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0375 (resized).PNG
    appropriate-response.png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement and summary of new Pinside Shops feature. Posted by robin (7 years ago)

Post #54 First round of changes made based on Pinsider feedback. Posted by robin (7 years ago)

Post #101 Promotion box feature change Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Post #171 Response to suggestions made by Pinsiders. Posted by Martijn (7 years ago)

Post #177 Feedback provided including mention of sales fee cap. Posted by Martijn (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 7 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Wow.....people are d**ks!
    $35 a year and it all goes away. No biggie. I would hope if you can afford to be in this hobby you can afford $3.00 a month! No? Well then look at some related ads or leave..... That's my take.

Because some of us are already spending nearly every dime we have on the hobby already. Hobby is great if you have deep pockets and can afford to be a nib stern every year, but most of us are not in that position.

The ads are fine and easily ignored. I do seek out things in the marketplace on here, but not when I am reading a thread. Can just skip over them and when I am in the market for something I will go seek it out, no harm no foul.

#99 7 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I don't even know where to start with that....but let me try.
    1)Spending every dime you have on a hobby?
    2)Even if you can't afford NIB pins you're still spending hundreds even on old EM's......so you can't afford $3.00 a month to support a site that makes a lot of this even possible? Give me a break. $3.00 isn't even a drink at the movies....maybe a water.

Love the logic. Its only insert small amount. Except its not only that.

Its only 15 dollars to get into the pinball tournament that happened last weekend. Plus another 10 for food. Its only coin drop every week to play in either of two weekly leagues. Its only 10 dollars + coin drop to enter into either of those leagues monthly tournaments.

Its death by a thousand cuts. You say 35 dollars a year isn't much, great for you. I'd rather spend that 35 bucks on parts to improve my collection. You know what costs 35 bucks? 4 Bally ribbed flipper bats. I know, just had to order some for the radical I am keeping. Or how about 4 translucent spot targets that are commonly broken and yet nla? Game needs 8, but 4 of them are not to be found.

Going through and shopping my entire collection right now. Hundreds and hundreds of dollars going out. Mystery castle I am at 160 and that is just leds and spot targets. Need to figure out how to make parts to rebuild the flippers. Still need to get rubber. Still trying to track down a source for any of the broken plastics, cracked ramps, or other misc parts.

So yeah, every spare dime I have and several hours a day after work get poured into this hobby; but hey go tell me how to spend my money more why don't you. As for making it possible? My game came from RGP. Pinsiders wanted 4500 for an unshopped one with a bad sound board or 6k for one that is claimed to be huo. The people who have been helping me with parts are on facebook and rgp. The information on what i can substitute comes from rgp. So aside from another place to chat, pinside is not making any of this possible.

For anyone who doesn't read the whole thread I am 100 percent fine with the ads. They aren't hurting anyone.

#129 7 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Dude....you've owned 51 pinball machines....most of which are valued in multiple thousands. Give me break. God forbid you waste $3 a month on the world's largest pinball site.....a site geared around the hobby you spend all of your time and money on.
    Just one (one) of those games could cover your annual cost to be a plus member here for over 100 years!

The majority of what I buy is un-shopped, often total projects. I also end up selling off things regularly to afford this hobby. That is why I have had 51. The money from those sales either got spent on real life butting in like after the first 22 machines I sold out everything, then used the money to live off of while I finished grad school. Then earlier this year I sold out 3 machines of the 6 i owned to afford moving across the country with my gf so she can do the internship for her phd. The reason I am up to seven now was from selling and trading off to get even more projects. So, again stop assuming you know jack squat about me. If you believe in the site that much go throw a few hundred at Robin and leave me be.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-pinside-shops?tu=dung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.