Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 237 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 8.26.32 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 8.26.22 PM (resized).png
    IMG_6287 (resized).PNG
    IMG_6228 (resized).PNG
    content_41459d0eef0e8c31c9911111ddb1a4eb56f58b631373451527_1_ (resized).jpg
    Pinside Peanuts karamazov (resized).jpg
    pinsidewinter (resized).png
    tiers (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    4 (resized).png
    IMG_0376 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0375 (resized).PNG
    appropriate-response.png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement and summary of new Pinside Shops feature. Posted by robin (7 years ago)

Post #54 First round of changes made based on Pinsider feedback. Posted by robin (7 years ago)

Post #101 Promotion box feature change Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Post #171 Response to suggestions made by Pinsiders. Posted by Martijn (7 years ago)

Post #177 Feedback provided including mention of sales fee cap. Posted by Martijn (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pintucky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#162 7 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I think you may underestimate the amount of money it takes to maintain this ever growing site; the enormous amount of time given freely from the top (Robin) right down to the mods. I also don't want to seem as if I'm dismissing your right to block, donate, or simply state your opinion. I merely think that we all benefit from this site so I'm "in" for whatever it takes.

I echo these same sentiments. I go back far enough to remember when there were not very many people on this site. Most were over at RGB. The crowd here was small enough that Robin gave me a call one morning to discuss where I lived, the games I had, and various other things. Pinside was in its infant stages and I think he only worked at it on his free time from his job.

This thing morphed into a super-sized web site and that's because it is one of the most beautiful and well constructed web sites on the entire web (if web sites can be beautiful). So, perhaps it got too big for Robin to do part time and he has made the decision to let it make him an income. It is his creation and he has spent a tremendous amount of hours (years) keeping it going. There's a heck of a lot of help, info, and knowledge . . . even 'entertainment' on here.

I actually looked over some of the ads the other day looking for a mod for my TWD. The joke was on me though, because I couldn't figure out how miraculously ads for TWD mods were showing up on the TWD thread I was reading!

The ads don't bother me at all. I DID see by the ads and other recent things here that Pinside is turning into a business somewhat. Still, if that's what it takes to keep this thing going, how can I be against it? We should be thankful for Robin bringing this great gift to us. We don't have to buy anything. We don't have to pay a membership fee. And we are not forced to make a donation. I say it is his baby, so let him rock it.

Mike in Kentucky

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pintucky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-pinside-shops?tu=Pintucky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.