Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 237 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 8.26.32 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 8.26.22 PM (resized).png
    IMG_6287 (resized).PNG
    IMG_6228 (resized).PNG
    content_41459d0eef0e8c31c9911111ddb1a4eb56f58b631373451527_1_ (resized).jpg
    Pinside Peanuts karamazov (resized).jpg
    pinsidewinter (resized).png
    tiers (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    4 (resized).png
    IMG_0376 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0375 (resized).PNG
    appropriate-response.png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement and summary of new Pinside Shops feature. Posted by robin (7 years ago)

Post #54 First round of changes made based on Pinsider feedback. Posted by robin (7 years ago)

Post #101 Promotion box feature change Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Post #171 Response to suggestions made by Pinsiders. Posted by Martijn (7 years ago)

Post #177 Feedback provided including mention of sales fee cap. Posted by Martijn (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Martijn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Only a matter of time before someone gets ripped off with bootleg junk or some else's mod to which they don't own the rights and it's all Robin's fault because he's not policing the shops.
    I'm sure there is some fine print stating the site owners are not responsible for such things but customers don't know or care. They will just blame whoever will listen, and it's not going to be the bootleggers!

Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I'm guessing a bad vendor selling bootleg or poor quality product through Pinside will be called out and crucified rather quickly.

Our intensions with Pinside Shops are indeed the exact opposite. By having all shops in one place they're much easier to monitor, both for us, for IP-holders and the community as a whole. For a shop to be able to operate on Pinside it has to agree to our shop policies. Additionally, shops need to be verified (which means we do have their contact details) and have a shop policy in place (or choose to accept the default).

We will be policing shops. If we receive reports that a shop is not delivering goods or otherwise not living up to the agreements made we will contact the shop to sort things out and ultimately, if things don't improve, we might (temporarily) close it. Also, we will be adding the possibility for customers to leave a review about their shopping experience and the purchased items, so shops that are offering bad quality can be called upon this and easily avoided.

So the power of the Pinside community should make your shopping experience a better and more trustworthy one compared with ordering from some unknown website or from an unknown user advertising stuff in a forum thread.

#135 7 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Forums that theoretically would have the exact same problem, but don't. That's all I was asking, how can 99% of internet forums not have this issue, but pinside does? People bash the major players all the time on those forums.

Not every market is the same. Maybe the major players on those markets have a thicker skin? Maybe they are simply too busy to read the forums? Who knows... I think a lot of Pinsiders here can tell you that in a market as conservative as pinball things aren't quite that simple. Major players on the pinball market are reading these forums and they do very much care on what's being written here. And if they had any say on what's being posted on Pinside a lot of stuff you are reading about today might simply not be acceptable.

Of course we will never know for sure but rest assured that this decision made by Robin was a very conscious one. And I think in today's world any effort to not go 'the easy route' should be applauded as this doesn't seem to be commonplace anymore.

Quoted from KingBW:

I don't mind the way the ads are today. They are down and out of the way - I like that. Some of the banners on the images are now removed. Glad that Robin is listening to input and making adjustments. I DO look at these ads once in a while because I'm a mod addict as well as a pinball addict. However, they still do not prioritize correctly for me from what I see. If a game is listed in the thread, that part works. If not, I still just get random stuff. Is that because I have my privacy set for only people with apprentice status seeing my game collection? Do I need to set that for everyone to see? The privacy setting for that is not important to me, but I think the algorithm should read your game collection and wishlist as the next priorities no matter what your privacy setting is. Just my input. Is this a bug still, or by design based on privacy?

Correct, we're still working on the refining the algorithm. It takes some time, but will get better over the days to come. And this hasn't got anything to do with your privacy setting, the algorithm doesn't take this in account as you're the only one it's aimed at.

1 week later
    #171 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

1. As a seller having customer email address is super handy when we ship so we can include the tracking information.
    2. A notice at the top of pinside that I have pending/open orders would be nice as well

1. Note that you can also send the tracking number using the internal shop PM system when you change the order status to 'shipped'. That's the intended way.
    2. We have just added this, good suggestion.

Quoted from Zitt:

great ideas.
    As a seller; I'd want some kind of analytics to see how well a specific product is performing on pinside.

This is in the works. We will focus on shop reviews first and after that on some kind of reporting system.

Quoted from KingBW:

Now that things have calmed down a bit, how about if there was a wish list for the shop items for our profile? We wouldn't have to hunt for some of those things as the shop items grow. It wouldn't need to be public, just for our own use. My kids want to know what to get me for Christmas and it would be cool if I could just hand them my Pinside Shops wish list. You know ... things that I REALLY want.

Great idea, we put this on our list of things to work on. The list will be private, but we consider adding a feature that you can share it with others using a public link (with a key so only the people that have the link can view your list). This way you can easily share it with friends and family.

#177 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

I would really urge this again because it's far easier for Paypal disputes to show emails, not a pinside message that paypal won't recognize.

We made some changes to the order overview to better accommodate this. Can you have a look if this better fits your requirements? Btw, you should also be able to use the shipping API of PayPal now if desired (was a request by another shop).

Quoted from jrivelli:

Also, the addresses don't come through properly. There is no state listed.

We changed the address layout to include the state.

Quoted from jrivelli:

Does the 5% fee cap out at a certain point per product? I have a product we want to list (once shipping flat rate is updated) that goes for $2500.

It does. The cap is currently set to $50 per order. As for the Shipping API, it's on our list of things to do, together with shop reviews and shop reporting.

Thanks for the feedback.

3 weeks later
    #192 7 years ago

We are aware of this bug and working on a fix. Thanks for letting us know!

1 month later
    #205 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

First, thanks so much for the Pinside Shops. I am now getting more than half of my sales through you guys. Not a lot, but it seems to be slowly building.

Thanks, great to hear everything is working fine for you. And this is something that we're seeing as well. The number of orders between all shops is slowly, but steadily, growing.

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Secondly, can we add a way to add say, 'all Bally S/S games', or all pinball 1975-1990, instead of adding games one at a time?

A system like this is something that's on our todo-list. However, it may take some time before we get around to adding it. Thanks for the suggestion.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Martijn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-pinside-shops?tu=Martijn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.