Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 237 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 8.26.32 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 8.26.22 PM (resized).png
    IMG_6287 (resized).PNG
    IMG_6228 (resized).PNG
    content_41459d0eef0e8c31c9911111ddb1a4eb56f58b631373451527_1_ (resized).jpg
    Pinside Peanuts karamazov (resized).jpg
    pinsidewinter (resized).png
    tiers (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    4 (resized).png
    IMG_0376 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0375 (resized).PNG
    appropriate-response.png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 7 years ago

There looks to be a problem with the shops where no items are showing up for purchase. A pinsider just PM'd me asking where my items were and I checked another shop to see the same problem.

Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 8.26.22 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-12-19 at 8.26.22 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 8.26.32 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-12-19 at 8.26.32 PM (resized).png

#202 7 years ago
    Quoted from Martijn:

We are aware of this bug and working on a fix. Thanks for letting us know!

Looks like it's fixed now - just getting 2 larger ads now. Was there a reason why you couldn't just show 3 as in the past?

#203 7 years ago
    Quoted from lyonsden:

There looks to be a problem with the shops where no items are showing up for purchase. A pinsider just PM'd me asking where my items were and I checked another shop to see the same problem.

This has been fixed. An issue for accounts without an associated address.

1 month later
    #204 7 years ago

First, thanks so much for the Pinside Shops. I am now getting more than half of my sales through you guys. Not a lot, but it seems to be slowly building. Secondly, can we add a way to add say, 'all Bally S/S games', or all pinball 1975-1990, instead of adding games one at a time? A few of my current and many upcoming parts will be applicable to lots of games. If so, great! If not, still pretty great! Thanks.

Shawn
    Third Coast Pinball

#205 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

First, thanks so much for the Pinside Shops. I am now getting more than half of my sales through you guys. Not a lot, but it seems to be slowly building.

Thanks, great to hear everything is working fine for you. And this is something that we're seeing as well. The number of orders between all shops is slowly, but steadily, growing.

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Secondly, can we add a way to add say, 'all Bally S/S games', or all pinball 1975-1990, instead of adding games one at a time?

A system like this is something that's on our todo-list. However, it may take some time before we get around to adding it. Thanks for the suggestion.

#206 7 years ago

How does "Promoted" Shop items work? Every tech thread I click on I see a competitors similar product as "promoted". I assume this a paid extra feature, but I can't find it anywhere in the shop setup. Am I missing something?

#207 7 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

Every tech thread I click on I see a competitors similar product as "promoted".

I see yours all the time. Just wanted to let you know.

1 week later
    #208 7 years ago

My admin view of the shop images is full of logos from other shops. Is this a new bug you guys know about?

#209 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

My admin view of the shop images is full of logos from other shops. Is this a new bug you guys know about?

Same here.

#210 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Someone else mentioned something about images showing up in their user profile that weren't his own, but he was very vague and never responded to requests for further information, so we weren't sure what he meant.

Could you open a moderator feedback thread and post some screenshots? I'll make sure robin sees it.

#211 7 years ago

Honestly I've never really even noticed the ads. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing

One thing I do appreciate on Pinside, though, is the ads' relative small size (now that I do see them) and their lack of obnoxious content like audio or malware. Malware is the main reason for me to use Ad-Block Plus, but another reason is those ads that scare the shit out of you when unwanted/uninvited audio jolts you out of your chair.

#212 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Someone else mentioned something about images showing up in their user profile that weren't his own, but he was very vague and never responded to requests for further information, so we weren't sure what he meant.
    Could you open a moderator feedback thread and post some screenshots? I'll make sure Robin sees it.

Too lazy to figure out how to do that lol. So, here's to hoping he gets on this thread and sees it.

Screenshot will be my biz entry with pictures totally unrelated to my biz entry as well as mine

#213 7 years ago

Just go to the moderator feedback subforum and create a thread. It should be fairly straight-forward.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/moderator-feedback

#214 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Just go to the moderator feedback subforum and create a thread. It should be fairly straight-forward.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/moderator-feedback

Done

#215 7 years ago

I saw that robin posted that he was able to fix the issue. Thanks for reporting it, guys

2 weeks later
    #216 7 years ago

While this hasn't happened yet, I know that at some point a customer will not be satisfied with a product and would like a refund. How are refunds handled? Right now, when a purchase is made, Paypal send Pinside some of the sale and paypal takes some of the sale. Can the funds to pinside be recovered for the shop?

#217 7 years ago

This was somewhat tricky to implement automatically, and since refunds seem to be very rare (it hasn't actually happened yet), we have decided to process such requests manually for now. Naturally, the fee is fully refunded from our end for any order that you have refunded to your customer.

#218 7 years ago

Refund one of the reasons I haven't supported this change.
    That and the fact that you can't do generic parts for eras of machines.

#219 7 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

This was somewhat tricky to implement automatically, and since refunds seem to be very rare (it hasn't actually happened yet), we have decided to process such requests manually for now. Naturally, the fee is fully refunded from our end for any order that you have refunded to your customer.

Thanks Robin. In case it happens, should you be PMed directly?

#220 7 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Someone is shipping a product back to us that didn't work out for them. We are about to process a refund for it. It'll be cool when this is automated but we will eat the extra pinside payment on this one as a bonus donation.

I'll ping as well for what to do for the next time?

#221 7 years ago
    Quoted from lyonsden:

Thanks Robin. In case it happens, should you be PMed directly?

Quoted from jrivelli:

Someone is shipping a product back to us that didn't work out for them. We are about to process a refund for it. It'll be cool when this is automated but we will eat the extra pinside payment on this one as a bonus donation.
    I'll ping as well for what to do for the next time?

Sorry, I should have elaborated on that. You can PM me and I'll take care of it.

Quoted from Zitt:

Refund one of the reasons I haven't supported this change.

Looking into simplifying this process but like I said, we haven't had any refund request so far so it's not super high priority to automate this.

Quoted from jrivelli:

It'll be cool when this is automated but we will eat the extra pinside payment on this one as a bonus donation.

That's the spririt! No seriously, thanks

Quoted from Zitt:

you can't do generic parts for eras of machines.

This is coming, note that we recently added "system generations" to our database (see Game Archive -> Search).

#222 7 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

This is coming, note that we recently added "system generations" to our database (see Game Archive -> Search).

Yea! Search needs some love

#223 7 years ago

Any plans for seller rankings, like ebay did? Not in terms of top 10 or anything. But like:

Power Seller = Sells over $x per year or month for a 3 mo average, whatever. Maybe different levels of this

Top Seller = highly rated seller with over 10 reviews or something

Perhaps tags by their account

1 week later
    #224 7 years ago

Now that I have a few sales completed, another addition that would be nice is some more statistics on sales: Total sales, total received on shipping, total paid to pinside, etc. Also, perhaps some charts showing sales per month and states/countries delivered.

Overall, I'm really appreciating all that the Pinside Shops bring to help me get exciting products into the hands of fellow pinball enthusiasts. Thanks for making these happen.

#225 7 years ago

One more thing, is there a place for people to leave reviews on products?

1 month later
    #226 7 years ago

Noticed something this morning -
    On the shop banners at the bottom of the threads - on MOBILE at least, the second ad's image changes the first one. So both ads have the image of the second ad.

Really don't think that's intended.

4 years later
    #227 2 years ago

Sorry to revise this old thread but maybe someone can advise. I see a section for pre-orders but no way to setup a pre-order. Does this function exist?
    robin

#228 2 years ago

The pre-order feature for Pinside Shops is in testing and expected to launch in the next update!

#230 2 years ago

Soon! Hopefully before January (along with a bunch of other cool stuff).

#231 2 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Soon! Hopefully before January (along with a bunch of other cool stuff).

Great, I have something I am working on and will likely announce it in December if beta testing goes ok. Would love to setup a pre-order system for it!

#232 2 years ago

Is there any bugs with shops, trying to purchase something that is stock but won't ship over seas but their add says they do ship over seas?

#233 2 years ago

robin have tried multiple shops and they say in the add that they ship overseas but the cart denies the sale as sales things can only be shipped within US / Canada

is there a glitch?

#234 2 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

robin have tried multiple shops and they say in the add that they ship overseas but the cart denies the sale as sales things can only be shipped within US / Canada
    is there a glitch?

Could be a bug, I have recently added a feature that allows shops to specify shipping per individual country. I will look into it.

Also note that there have been recent issues shipping to Australia, and I know some shops have had to cancel orders and refund payments to Aussie buyers.

#235 2 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Could be a bug, I have recently added a feature that allows shops to specify shipping per individual country. I will look into it.
    Also note that there have been recent issues shipping to Australia, and I know some shops have had to cancel orders and refund payments to Aussie buyers.

that might of been at the peak of all our lock downs a few months ago - country is no opening up

#236 2 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

that might of been at the peak of all our lock downs a few months ago - country is no opening up

No shipping via usps to Australia. This was from early October, it is still in place.

https://10play.com.au/theproject/articles/united-states-postal-service-suspends-deliveries-to-australia/tpa211004rfcgb

#237 2 years ago

Thanks for that.

Though I have been sending gear to the US via AusPost that then merges with US Post without problems in the last few weeks if that helps anyone wonder what the latest is.

There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-pinside-shops/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.