Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lhyrgoif
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nothing achieved (resized).png
    DSC00045 (resized).JPG
    DSC00044 (resized).JPG
    DSC00043 (resized).JPG
    Member of a Pinside Shop.jpg
    Quality Hunter.jpg
    Furniture (resized).png
    algar_LIONMAN!!_(resized).jpg
    21KtOAW6yJL_(resized).jpg
    kxKfdjCQ8fU6Xf2uzAetWp2Hb3Z_(resized).jpg
    oldNtall_(resized).jpg
    Screen_Shot_2015-12-26_at_6.24.56_AM_(resized).png
    DSCN4121_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    image-2_(resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Achievements announcement Posted by robin (8 years ago)

Post #42 Maintained list of achievements Posted by floyd1977 (8 years ago)

Post #187 Newly discovered achievements Posted by DefaultGen (8 years ago)

Post #232 Newly discovered achievements Posted by DefaultGen (7 years ago)

Post #244 Big achievement pack featuring 89 new achievements announced Posted by Martijn (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider martijn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Is there a place to see all possible achievements - what you're missing?

Not yet, we think it's fun letting people find them out for themselves. You can find others by checking the profiles of fellow Pinsiders. And nobody is stopping you if you wish to make a topic trying to identify them all!

Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I'm at 27/65, not bad to start, must reach 65/65....

I am not sure if this is even possible, there are some pretty obscure ones. It should be an achievement in itself if you manage to earn them all!

1 week later
    #159 8 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Hmm, I noticed that I don't have the own an EM achievement, despite the fact that I own 3 EMs.

A bit late, but identified this to be a bug. Should be solved soon.

Quoted from floyd1977:

I'm not that clever. I scraped individual users' achievement pages.

Not possible , they are all safely stored server side.

#160 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

On the main Pinside page up at the top, click on Events tab, and scroll through the calendar both for upcoming events you plan to go to, and even past events you went to already. If an event had been created on Pinside Calendar, you can click on a field for "I'm going".
    Pretty sure that is how Robin tracks that events attended achievement.

Confirmed.

That's the thing. We need to come up with achievements that we can actually track automatically for 30000+ users. Don't even want to think about doing this kind of kind of thing manually.

#167 8 years ago
    Quoted from Martijn:

A bit late, but identified this to be a bug. Should be solved soon.

Solved, this achievement should work fine now.

#168 8 years ago

Today 12 new achievements got added to the site with the next bunch already being worked on. Happy hunting!

#170 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

I poked around and only found the easy ones, I think you have them all so I wasted my time! Maybe there's a 15 year achievement queued up too
    1. Love Never Dies - Turn a Gray Heart Red Again
    2. Pinside Birthday - Active 1 Year
    3. Old Timer 1 - Active 3 Years
    4. Old Timer 2 - Active 5 Years
    5. Pinside Dinosaur - Active 10 Years
    6. Where's my Watch? - Active 12.5 Years
    7. Commenter - Write a comment on an article
    8. First Responder - Write the first response to a post
    9. Commenter - Comment on an article
    10. Stickied - Write a stickied post

Yeah, trying to tie up some loose ends, here. Things we missed in the first release and were suggested later on. Not aiming to only come up with achievements that apply to myself, that's just a coincidence! Although a convenient one!

Anyway, we have a bunch of interesting collection-achievements lined up next and will also continue to add other 'obvious' ones. The collection ones will be more difficult to track down, I promise!

2 weeks later
    #206 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Discovered a new one:
    "Regular" - 2,500 - Visit Pinside for 14 days in a row

Yup, that one wasn't discovered yet. Nice find!

Quoted from pinball_faz:

That's one that's not working for me. I've visited every day for the last month....actually more like November when I last went camping. Even then I may have peeked at threads from my phone.
    Hmmm... I wonder if he's looking at sign-ins. I never turn off my laptop. I think I last powered it down in December.... sign-in is very infrequent.
    faz

As soon as you're visiting the site using your user account your 'streak' will be upped. This also works if you're signing on automatically. I can see that your highest streak so far is 10, so you must have missed a day! The good thing is you can always try again!

Quoted from DefaultGen:

Nice, I bet the count started with the update 13 days ago 4 unknowns now, maybe more in this series.

The count indeed started with the this update, recalculating this for past logins got to complicated.

Quoted from Colsond3:

I've definitely been on for 14 days in a row, and haven't gotten that one. Maybe a glitch?

You've just received the achievement, so not a glitch. Just a bit of patience needed!

1 week later
    #213 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

While I can't imagine why I would have missed visiting Pinside 16 days ago...I guarantee I've viewed threads every day the last six days... still no joy.

faz

Your streaks resets to 0 as soon as you miss a day. I can see that your streak is currently at 9 again, so keep visiting for just a more few days...

#219 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

Let's confirm that: "Visit Pinside for 14 days in a row" does not mean "Post 14 days in a row"... I don't do that, but if it is "visit"...then, I respectfully disagree with your stat. As further proof, I actually happen to have gone "post-al" lately. I almost did post every day (timezones will throw this off for sure, but you get the idea).

Well, I think that the streak is currently measured by CET (Central European Time) standards, so you've got to login at least once every day during CET times. If you are in an American timezone and f.e. log in one day in the morning and the next day in the evening you could just miss a day. Like what seems to have happened between the 18th and the 19th of January in your list of posts? This also seems to line up with your current streak... So yeah, you could argue that this is a design flaw.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Bump for this question. Anyone know where we find the streak? I'm a bit scared to see mine...

This info isn't publicly available at the moment. And we only started measuring it since the update enabling these achievements, so it will take a while before the streaks get really big.

#228 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

Considering I actively monitor pinside threads from 5:00 CT to 21:00 CT.... it should not matter that it translates to in CET. But what strikes me as weird is I'm "ON" pinside 24 x 7.
    I have a few tabs pined in my browser. These tabs auto-update every 15 min.
    What metric is being looked at? "logins" "posts" "view threads" "logged on"
    I notice when I look at "Pinsiders Online" there's a note:
    Anyone who has been seen active in the past 20 minutes is considered "online".
    What trips "active" in this context? Is it the same?
    And Martijn just to be 100% clear... I'm not trying to be a @#$%... I'm really trying to help. I'm a software designer too. Solving for edge conditions is an obsession.
    Thanks,
    faz

Quoted from pinball_faz:

I suspect that Martijn is not considering just viewing posts.... but actually posting.
    I have an outstanding question on what keeps you 'regular'. Which can make this goal most difficult. This is also complicated by the fact that the point of reference is Central European Time. So, if you post within the context of your local timezone each day, it may not fall within the bounds of CET (post may be attributed the prior day or the next).
    Posting at the same time of data will relatively solve this kind of issue, but posting during the morning one day and evening the next day could be problematic (or the other way in reverse).
    Or you can go "post-al" and post continuously 24 x 7
    faz

Sorry, I somehow missed your first question. Logged on is the metric. And really, just visiting the site should be sufficient! But you need to login to qualify. Auto-login is also ok, but if you're on for a whole day without ever logging off (which happens after 20 minutes of inactivity), you may not qualify. Luckily nobody is crazy enough to accomplish this! And indeed, we're on CET. So this complicates things a bit.

Oh, and no offence taken of course. I am glad people are willing to help us to solve these nasty bugs!

4 months later
    #234 7 years ago

Another month passed, time flies by way too fast.

Anyway, time to come up with some summer break achievements (gonna have another look at the suggestions as well). Coming up to a pinball website near your computer of mobile screen sometime soon. Stay tuned!

6 months later
    #244 7 years ago

Like some of you might already have noticed, as a Christmas gift we added a whole lot of new, fresh achievements to the site. A total of 89 to be precise making for a grand total of 204 achievements now. To give you something useful to do during those boring holiday days. So go forth and try to hunt them down! Got to find them all!

Pro tip: use a user's Pulse active feed to quickly find all the new achievements that were unlocked by that user.

#245 7 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

What is well connected? I have befriended a lot of people on here, but alas, i am not connected.

In this context befriend stands for a following a Pinsider that's also following you. This is a logical way for me to establish that you befriended another Pinsider.

Quoted from CNKay:

Is there an achievement for flushing out and bagging a duplicate account or alias from a banned member? That would be good one. Call it "the cleaner"!

Sorry, there must be a way for me to test if an achievement was fulfilled using the database. Can't do it manually with that many users. Good idea though, maybe something along those lines is doable...

Quoted from Razorbak86:

1000: Copy Editor - Add to, or edit, details on a game in the Pinside database.
    2500: Executive Editor - Add to, or edit, details on XX games in the Pinside database.
    5000: Editor-in-Chief - Add to, or edit, details on YY games in the Pinside database.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider martijn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-pinside-achievements?tu=martijn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.