Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lhyrgoif
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nothing achieved (resized).png
    DSC00045 (resized).JPG
    DSC00044 (resized).JPG
    DSC00043 (resized).JPG
    Member of a Pinside Shop.jpg
    Quality Hunter.jpg
    Furniture (resized).png
    algar_LIONMAN!!_(resized).jpg
    21KtOAW6yJL_(resized).jpg
    kxKfdjCQ8fU6Xf2uzAetWp2Hb3Z_(resized).jpg
    oldNtall_(resized).jpg
    Screen_Shot_2015-12-26_at_6.24.56_AM_(resized).png
    DSCN4121_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    image-2_(resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Achievements announcement Posted by robin (8 years ago)

Post #42 Maintained list of achievements Posted by floyd1977 (8 years ago)

Post #187 Newly discovered achievements Posted by DefaultGen (8 years ago)

Post #232 Newly discovered achievements Posted by DefaultGen (7 years ago)

Post #244 Big achievement pack featuring 89 new achievements announced Posted by Martijn (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 8 years ago

Can you imagine, a code update to Pinside without a proper announcement? That's kind of illustrative of how busy things are, here at Pinside HQ. Everything is going great with the baby (my daughter Lieke, who was born 5 weeks ago) and things are settling down. Time to work full force on Pinside again!

Martijn and I decided that we really wanted to make work of that replacement for Pinside Karma Points (that old points system where you were awarded points for each rating, post, story etc.). We know we've been promising for ages.

PINSIDE ACHIEVEMENTS
    Well, this new system is finally ready to go live and we call it "Pinside Achievements". So how does it work? Well, quite simply Pinside Achievements are awards for completing various challenges or actions on Pinside. Each achievement earns you a nice medal and the respect and envy of your Pinside friends. Achievements are also worth points. All of them accumulate into your "Achievement Points Score", which is displayed proudly next to your Avatar and username.

TASKS
    There are currently 65 tasks to complete, including awards for adding a game rating, writing a story, collecting games, adding/updating map locations, adding high scores, getting thumbs up or making a specific number of forum posts. And much more. And more will be added when we get new inspiration - this is just a start (got a great idea for an achievement? PM me!)

PURPOSE?
    What is the purpose of this? Well, for starters we wanted to add a fun element to the site and reward participation on the site, turn it into a game of sorts. But we also think it's handy to help you get an idea of what a Pinsider's been up to. And lastly we hope to emphasise that there's more to Pinside than just the forums! The achievements will give you an idea of all the other stuff you can do here.

CHECK IT OUT!
    Here are my achievements. You can find your own achievements via your My-Pinside section, or on your (or anyone elses) public profile page (click the achievements tab). A shortcut to get to anyones Achievements page is clicking the points score that is now displayed besides everyones avatar image, click it to go to that persons Achievements page.

This is the first version. There may be bugs. We want to add notifications when you score an achievements. We want to add much more awards. All in good time, gotta start somewhere

#2 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Can you imagine, a code update to Pinside without a proper announcement? That's kind of illustrative of how busy things are, here at Pinside HQ. Everything is going great with the baby (my daughter Lieke, who was born 5 weeks ago) and things are settling down. Time to work full force on Pinside again!
    Martijn and I decided that we really wanted to make work of that replacement for Pinside Karma Points (that old points system where you were awarded points for each rating, post, story etc.). We know we've been promising for ages.
    PINSIDE ACHIEVEMENTS
    Well, this new system is finally ready to go live and we call it "Pinside Achievements". So how does it work? Well, quite simply Pinside Achievements are awards for completing various challenges or actions on Pinside. Each achievement earns you a nice medal and the respect and envy of your Pinside friends. Achievements are also worth points. All of them accumulate into your "Achievement Points Score", which is displayed proudly next to your Avatar and username.
    TASKS
    There are currently 65 tasks to complete, including awards for adding a game rating, writing a story, collecting games, adding/updating map locations, adding high scores, getting thumbs up or making a specific number of forum posts. And much more. And more will be added when we get new inspiration - this is just a start (got a great idea for an achievement? PM me!)
    PURPOSE?
    What is the purpose of this? Well, for starters we wanted to add a fun element to the site and reward participation on the site, turn it into a game of sorts. But we also think it's handy to help you get an idea of what a Pinsider's been up to. And lastly we hope to emphasise that there's more to Pinside than just the forums! The achievements will give you an idea of all the other stuff you can do here.
    CHECK IT OUT!
    Here are my achievements. You can find your own achievements via your My-Pinside section, or on your (or anyone elses) public profile page (click the achievements tab). A shortcut to get to anyones Achievements page is clicking the points score that is now displayed besides everyones Avatar image, click it to go to that persons Achievements page.
    This is the first version. There may be bugs. We want to add notifications when you score an achievements. We want to add much more awards. All in good time, gotta start somewhere

FIRST! I've always wanted to do that.

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Hmm, that could be an award in itself. Responding to an announcement within 30 seconds

#4 8 years ago

Bah humbug Law!

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Congrats, now you're as annoying as people on other sites!

#6 8 years ago

Is there a place to see all possible achievements - what you're missing?

#7 8 years ago

I'm at 27/65, not bad to start, must reach 65/65....

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

We thought about that, but decided against it (for now at least).

I think discovering all the awards is part of the fun. But you can always go to another Pinsiders profile page and discover what other awards there are.

#9 8 years ago

Sometimes just getting out of bed in the morning is an achievement.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Sometimes just getting out of bed in the morning is an achievement.

You should put a pinball machine in your bedroom. Problem solved.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Not yet, we think it's fun letting people find them out for themselves. You can find others by checking the profiles of fellow Pinsiders. And nobody is stopping you if you wish to make a topic trying to identify them all!

Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I am not sure if this is even possible, there are some pretty obscure ones. It should be an achievement in itself if you manage to earn them all!

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Funny you should mention this. The master bedroom in my house is now a pinball repair center.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Funny you should mention this. The master bedroom in my house is now a pinball repair center.

Pics or it did not happen
    faz

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

faz

Are you sure you want to see those pictures. I mean really.

#15 8 years ago

Maybe I'm dumb, but where can I see the list of all possible achievements rather than the ones I've already achieved? Cool idea, gamification is great. I wish I had a story interesting enough to make the front page

#16 8 years ago

I like it so far. Nice addition

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

faz

Maybe I'll take a snapshot when I get home.

Quoted from Darcy:

Are you sure you want to see those pictures. I mean really.

Don't expect to see a bed in there. Just because they call it a master bedroom doesn't mean you can't find a better use for it.

#18 8 years ago

Pretty neat idea!

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

Maybe I'm dumb, but where can I see the list of all possible achievements rather than the ones I've already achieved? Cool idea, gamification is great. I wish I had a story interesting enough to make the front page

There is no place so they become unlocked on their own. Very secretive

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Looks like some of the hardest ones include:

Get a Frontpage featured story
    Own 35+ games at once
    Own 10 EM games
    Get a topic with 100 favorites

Time to break out the wallet or buy a new house, gotta get achievements!

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Pins do make wonderful Night Lights. Just no Rudy in the Bedroom.

#22 8 years ago

That one can be a little tough when so many are not in pinside's list of games. I've got a couple and even after making a request could not get added.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That one can be a little tough when so many are not in pinside's list of games. I've got a couple and even after making a request could not get added.

I never fully understood the criteria for a database entry. There are mechanical flipperless games like Ballyhoo and even bingos (Super Dixieland for one). What could possibly not be added? Scoregasm Master wasn't added I know.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

What could possibly not be added?

I've got two flipper games from 1948 that are not here and another I was lookin for. Buccaneer and Ali Baba I own now. And these were made by Gottlieb, the biggest name in the business at the time. Whether it is the 90s, the 70's, or the 40s, all games with at least a decent production run should be included IMO.

#25 8 years ago

Kinda Cool!

Prettig Kerstmis!

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've got two flipper games from 1948 that are not here and another I was lookin for. Buccaneer and Ali Baba I own now. And these were made by Gottlieb, the biggest name in the business at the time. Whether it is the 90s, the 70's, or the 40s, all games with at least a decent production run should be included IMO.

Let's get an achievement for suggesting a game to be added to the database to fix this problem.

Also here's a picture of Buccaneer so I can progress towards my 250 images achievement.

image-2_(resized).jpgimage-2_(resized).jpg

#27 8 years ago

Hmm, I noticed that I don't have the own an EM achievement, despite the fact that I own 3 EMs.

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

Let's get an achievement for suggesting a game to be added to the database to fix this problem.

This seemed like the right place to leave that request-
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-add-machines-to-pinside

#29 8 years ago

I like it! I'll never own more than 4 pinball machines due to space so I guess I'll never get all the achievements.

#30 8 years ago

Is there a way to see what our achievements mean? Some are obvious, but others are less clear.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Is there a way to see what our achievements mean? Some are obvious, but others are less clear.

You can mouse over them.

Also I think we should get an achivement for suggesting an achievement. Feel free to add that one directly to my profile Robin.

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Hover over the name

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Is there a way to see what our achievements mean?

It means you spend a lot of time here.

#35 8 years ago

Apparently there's no achievement for higher than 5,000 thumbs up.

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

You can mouse over them.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Hover over the name

Thanks. I was looking on my iPad. No hovering there.

#37 8 years ago

Hmm, I thought tapping an object would reveal the tooltip (it does for buttons).

#38 8 years ago

Awesomesauce, I like the idea. Now, what's the easiest way to get more achievements...

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#39 8 years ago

This is cool. Much better than the old scoring.

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

faz

The master bedroom.

DSCN4121_(resized).JPGDSCN4121_(resized).JPG

#41 8 years ago

Very cool. Finding the rules out adds a bit of fun. Very pinball.

#42 8 years ago

There are still 5 undiscovered achievements.

[ ID ] CATEGORY       PTS   TITLE                    DESCRIPTION
    ------ --------       ---   -----                    ------------
    [ 101] account       1000   Pinside Member           Sign up for a Pinside account
    [ 102] account       2500   Avatar uploaded          Uploaded a user avatar image
    [ 103] account       1500   Initials set             Set your high score initials
    [ 104] account       2000   Located on map           Set your home location
    [ 105] account       2500   Pinside Donator          Obtain a Pinside Heart
    [ 106] account       2500   Love never dies          Turn a grey heart red again
    [ 109] account       1000   Pinside Birthday         Be active on Pinside for 1 year
    [ 110] account       1500   Old timer 1              Be active on Pinside for 3 years
    [ 111] account       1500   Old timer 2              Be active on Pinside for 5 years
    [ 112] account       2500   Pinside Dinosaur         Be active on Pinside for 10 years
    [ 113] account       5000   Where's my watch?        Be active on Pinside for 12.5 years
    [ 202] ratings       1000   Approved Rater           Become an approved rater
    [ 203] ratings       2500   Enthusiast Rater         Rate 25 games
    [ 204] ratings       5000   Ratings Expert           Rate 50 games
    [ 205] ratings       5000   Ratings Journalist       Write 25 rating comments
    [ 206] ratings       5000   Ratings Pulitzer Price Winner Write 50 rating comments
    [ 207] ratings       2500   EM Rater                 Rate 10 EM games
    [ 301] articles      1000   Introduced               Write a profile story
    [ 302] articles      2500   Featured                 Get a story featured
    [ 303] articles      5000   Frontpaged               Get a story frontpaged
    [ 304] articles       500   Commenter                Write a comment to an article
    [ 401] forum          250   First Post               Create your first forum post
    [ 402] forum          500   First Topic              Create your first forum topic
    [ 403] forum         1000   Aspirant Poster          Make 10 forum posts
    [ 404] forum         1000   Promising Poster         Make 100 forum posts
    [ 405] forum         1000   Regular Poster           Make 300 forum posts
    [ 407] forum         1000   Substantial Poster       Make 1000 forum posts
    [ 408] forum         2500   Power Poster             Make 10000 forum posts
    [ 413] forum          500   Going Down               Make a post in a basement topic
    [ 415] forum         1500   Sore thumbs 1            Give 100 thumbs of which at least 50% positive
    [ 416] forum         2500   Sore thumbs 2            Give 1000 thumbs of which at least 60% positive
    [ 417] forum          150   Thumbed!                 Get a thumbs up
    [ 418] forum         1000   Thumbed-a-lot 1          Get 100 thumbs of which at least 70% positive
    [ 419] forum         1000   Thumbed-a-lot 2          Get 250 thumbs of which at least 75% positive
    [ 420] forum         2000   Thumbed-a-lot 3          Get 1000 thumbs of which at least 80% positive
    [ 421] forum         3500   Thumbed-a-lot 4          Get 5000 thumbs of which at least 90% positive
    [ 422] forum         2500   Forum Decorator          Upload 250 photos to the forum
    [ 423] forum          250   Favorited!               Get a topic favorited by another Pinsider
    [ 424] forum         1500   Favorited-a-lot 1        Get a topic favorited by 10 Pinsiders
    [ 425] forum         1500   Favorited-a-lot 2        Get a topic favorited by 25 Pinsiders
    [ 426] forum         2500   Favorited-a-lot 3        Get a topic favorited by 50 Pinsiders
    [ 427] forum         5000   Favorited-a-lot 4        Get a topic favorited by 100 Pinsiders
    [ 428] forum          500   First Responder          Be the first to respond to a new topic
    [ 429] forum         2500   Stickied                 Get a topic sticked to the front-page or a sub-forum
    [ 501] scores         250   On the leaderboard       Add a high score
    [ 502] scores         500   Proof is Everything      Add a high score with photo evidence
    [ 503] scores        1000   All-round Player 1       Add high scores for 10 different machines
    [ 504] scores        1500   All-round Player 2       Add high scores for 25 different machines
    [ 601] archive        250   First Image              Upload a game photo
    [ 602] archive       1000   Game Photographer 1      Upload 50 game photos
    [ 603] archive       1500   Game Photographer 2      Upload 250 game photos
    [ 604] images        2000   Versatile Photographer   Upload photos for 25 different games
    [ 701] collection     250   Starting a Collection    Own a pinball machine
    [ 702] collection     500   Respectable lineup       Own 5+ games at a time
    [ 703] collection    1000   Massive collection       Own 20+ games at a time
    [ 704] collection    1500   Ridiculous collection    Own 35+ games at a time
    [ 705] collection     250   Going old-skool          Own an EM game
    [ 706] collection     750   Proud EM Owner           Own 10 EM games
    [ 707] collection    1000   Missing Link             Own 2 NBA Fastbreaks at the same time
    [ 708] collection    1000   Natural Disaster         Own both an Earthshaker and a Whirlwind
    [ 709] collection    1500   Robotic Trio             Own all three Pinbot machines
    [ 710] collection      50   Lionman Award            Own a Swords of Fury
    [ 801] market         250   On the Market            List a game on the Marketplace
    [ 802] market        1500   Sale Completed           Successfully sell a game on the Pinside Marketplace
    [ 901] events         500   Event Organiser          Create an event
    [ 902] events        1000   Event Visitor            Visit an event
    [ 903] events        1500   Event Frequenter         Visit 3 events in 2 years time
    [ 904] events        2000   Event Haunter            Visit 4 events in 1 years time
    [1001] locations      250   On the Map               Add a location
    [1002] locations     1000   Location Lister          Add 5 locations
    [1003] locations     2000   Location Maintainer      Add 20 locations and update 10 existing ones
    [1004] locations     5000   Location Preserver       Add 50 locations and update 25 existing ones

72 achievements, 119950 total points

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

2500 Uploaded a user Avatar image

I wonder if we get points each time.

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I wonder if we get points each time.

I doubt it. I'm guessing each one is a one-time thing.

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Finding the rules out adds a bit of fun. Very pinball.

Quoted from floyd1977:

There are three more. I'll update this post if I find them.

Haha, that didn't last long. lol. Oh well, I secretly like rulesheets too! Can I have my favorited achievements please Robin? Small bug there maybe?

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Haha, that didn't last long. lol. Oh well, I secretly like rulesheets too! Can I have my favorited achievements please Robin? Small bug there maybe?

Yeah, I felt bad because I read your post right after I posted the list!
    If Robin or any of the moderators don't like it, they can delete my post. I'm fine with that.

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

Yeah, I felt bad because I read your post right after I posted the list!
    If Robin or any of the moderators don't like it, they can delete my post. I'm fine with that.

I could have easily looked away. I was weak.

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

[ 710] collection 50 Own a Swords of Fury

This one is called "Lionman Award"

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

This one is called "Lionman Award"

Yeah, I'm going to update the table with the titles instead of just the descriptions.

#50 8 years ago

Where did you find this table? In a js file?

There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-pinside-achievements?hl=hughesdforce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.