51qC8kySRIL_(resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 6 00 31 PM.jpg
Daughterboard schematics (2).JPG
Photo Aug 19, 9 31 15 PM.jpg
LM323 Replacement Board in action.JPG
LM323 Replacement Board.JPG
Slide1.jpg
image-763.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kbliznick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't see a problem doing that. If this solves the reset then you on exactly where the problem was also. And if you know its in the 5v circuitry but you aren't using that circuitry anymore, then who cares?

Ah, but you are still using the original 5V circuitry for all of the chips on the Driver board, plus the chips on most of the other non-mpu boards. (although I think the sound board almost always generate their own 5V.)

But you are still correct. The real problem isn't with the 5V circuit it has always been a problem with how the reset circuit sees the 5Volts.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Everything from Funhouse to Cactus Canyon. Except some of the wide bodies are ready fairly taxed on 12v and ges with colordmd may be as well. I used one on a getaway a guy had on route that I was too lazy repair. Works well.

Wrong circuit. Color DMD and most of the mods pull from connectors J116-J118 and these supply 5V and Unregulated 12V, not the regulated 12V that goes to the MPU.

#18 10 years ago

reading up on this I love this idea and can't believe someone didn't think of this sooner. How easy and cheap to pop one of these on, rather than spend an hour+ replacing $20 worth of parts on the driver board.

#21 10 years ago

Bought the last one on the website. Still lists 7 more available on ebay.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Could you post a list of all the games this would work in, for a quick reference.

see earlier in the post. This should work in every WPC generation from WPC (alphanumeric) Funhouse/Bride of Pinbot/Harley all the way up to WPC95 Cactus Canyon.

1 month later
#127 10 years ago

Finally tried one of these out in a Fishtales. It still reset during one ball play with no other games on. I'm guessing that I am probably looking at a broken diode on a coil/flipper or a bad coil bridge. Or more likely a switch matrix issue that caused a slam tilt.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kbliznick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-new-product-to-help-resolve-resets-in-wpc-era-games?tu=kbliznick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.