51qC8kySRIL_(resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 6 00 31 PM.jpg
Daughterboard schematics (2).JPG
Photo Aug 19, 9 31 15 PM.jpg
LM323 Replacement Board in action.JPG
LM323 Replacement Board.JPG
Slide1.jpg
image-763.jpg

There are 460 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 6 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Fellow Pinsiders,
Just a quick note to let you know that I launched a Kickstarter campaign today for redesigned score display boards for model H and model S Skee Ball machines! Here's a link if you want to check it out:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2111218102/skee-ball-display-pcbs-redesigned?ref=e36051
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

Quick update - the campaign is 85% funded with six days to go! Check it out before it closes.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

#452 6 years ago

Hoping someone can lead me in the right direction......

Have a Williams Flintstones and installed the Kahr fix over a year ago. Went to a national show, been through three house parties, no issues! Played a game the other day and getting resets on every game. I took the daughter board off and it did not reset(I assume because there is an issue at the 12v side, removing the board stopped using the 12v to feed a steady 5v?) Couple of notes:

Somewhere along the line these parts have been replaced by either myself or someone before me.....
-BR1
-BR2
-LM7812(has a hack on the back side but cold joints look ok)
-LM323
-C4
-C5
-C11

Without the daughter board I am getting voltages of 4.8 at TP02 and fluctuating voltages between 14.3-16.2 at TP08
With the daughter board installed I am getting voltages of 4.9 at TP02 and the same fluctuating voltages at TP08

Where can I go from here to look for the gremlin? If I understand this 10 page thread, there must be an issue on the 12v side due to TP08 being as low as 14v., just don't know where to look or what to test next?!

4 months later
#453 5 years ago

I'm doing my final packing this weekend to attend Pintastic in Sturbridge, MA. I've only been to the show once (in 2016) and I'm returning because it is an incredibly fun show to attend. Here's what I will have available at the show:

Electronics:
- Classic and Pro versions of the WPC Power Fix - will have about 50 of each
- Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kits - bringing less than 10 of these kits
- Williams potentiometers (volume controls) for Williams system 3-7 sound boards
- Replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball - will have 10 of these

Shapeways shop:
- Pinball Pyramid brackets - about 10 of these
- Bally rollover peg sets - only 2 or 3 of these
- Williams Display Glass brackets - two sets of four
- Firepower/Flash/etc. outlanes - one set
- Party Zone Dancing Dummy arms and legs - one set

KAHR.US Swag:
- Sport drink bottles - only about 10 of these
- WPC Power Fix T-shirts - probably one of each available size
- Free KAHR.US Circuits pens - around 200.

I'm only operating a "mini vending table" at the show which will be open Noon to 6:00 PM on Friday and 1:00 to 6:00 PM on Saturday. If you find me at other times I will likely have a couple WPC Power Fix boards in my pocket.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my replacement LED score boards for model H and model S Skee Ball

1 week later
#454 5 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

I'm doing my final packing this weekend to attend Pintastic in Sturbridge, MA. I've only been to the show once (in 2016) and I'm returning because it is an incredibly fun show to attend. Here's what I will have available at the show:

Electronics:
- Classic and Pro versions of the WPC Power Fix - will have about 50 of each
- Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kits - bringing less than 10 of these kits
- Williams potentiometers (volume controls) for Williams system 3-7 sound boards
- Replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball - will have 10 of these

Shapeways shop:
- Pinball Pyramid brackets - about 10 of these
- Bally rollover peg sets - only 2 or 3 of these
- Williams Display Glass brackets - two sets of four
- Firepower/Flash/etc. outlanes - one set
- Party Zone Dancing Dummy arms and legs - one set

KAHR.US Swag:
- Sport drink bottles - only about 10 of these
- WPC Power Fix T-shirts - probably one of each available size
- Free KAHR.US Circuits pens - around 200.

I'm only operating a "mini vending table" at the show which will be open Noon to 6:00 PM on Friday and 1:00 to 6:00 PM on Saturday. If you find me at other times I will likely have a couple WPC Power Fix boards in my pocket.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my replacement LED score boards for model H and model S Skee Ball

Pintastic delivered in the "Fun Show" department - what a fun show to attend! Thanks Gabe and crew.

-Rob

1 month later
#455 5 years ago

Hey All,
Just installed my first WPC power fix board on a Dirty Harry. I'm getting Blue, Red, and flashing green. Anyone else have this? How did you resolve it? Thanks!

1 month later
#456 5 years ago

I'm doing my final packing for the YORK show! This will be the first show where I will have the 2018 edition of the WPC Power Fix boards but I quietly started shipping the 2018 edition in the July timeframe. What's new? The Pro version now includes a small button that resets the monitoring sequence. In all earlier versions you had to power down the machine to restart the monitoring once a hiccup was identified. It's a neat addition to the board and a good deal considering the price didn't go up with the change.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H and model S Skee Ball

7 months later
#457 4 years ago

This should be fun - I'm on the seminar list for the Northwest Show! Title of my seminar will be "from Party Zone to the Power Fix - Tales and Technical Details from KAHR.US". Show is about 2 weeks away so now is a great time to make your travel arrangements.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

2 years later
#458 2 years ago

Going to necro-bump this product announcement because Rob actually deserves it.

I going to go on record as to say I was a skeptic. Not that he had not done his homework... but in that; well, I always felt like an elitist believing I had the skills to troubleshoot my own games power supply issues.

My elitist's attitude was shattered when my STNG begun malfunctioning several years ago after TPF. It would "reset" on double flipping... then it would go away the moon's phase changed. I don't know specifically what I tried; but I think I did something that seemed to make the problem go away - or so I thought. This when I opened my Garage for Halloween this year... STNG was back at it's old reset on flip game.

I took advantage of a DIY deal rkahr was doing and ordered up a PRO version of his reset eliminator thinking hey; if it tells me what's wrong or where to look then I'm better off. I installed the PRO this weekend and the reset issue was gone. No issues in installation. And the board promply told me everything was wrong. Blue lights, Red lights, and Flashing green.

So yeah; I got issues... but the bandaid he provided will get me to the hospital for more corrective trauma repair.

IF you are on the fence in getting his reset eliminator; don't. The product does what he advertises and gets my seal of approval.

#459 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I going to go on record as to say I was a skeptic. Not that he had not done his homework... but in that; well, I always felt like an elitist believing I had the skills to troubleshoot my own games power supply issues.
My elitist's attitude was shattered when my STNG begun malfunctioning several years ago after TPF. It would "reset" on double flipping... then it would go away the moon's phase changed. I don't know specifically what I tried; but I think I did something that seemed to make the problem go away - or so I thought. This when I opened my Garage for Halloween this year... STNG was back at it's old reset on flip game.
I took advantage of a DIY deal rkahr was doing and ordered up a PRO version of his reset eliminator thinking hey; if it tells me what's wrong or where to look then I'm better off. I installed the PRO this weekend and the reset issue was gone. No issues in installation. And the board promply told me everything was wrong. Blue lights, Red lights, and Flashing green.
So yeah; I got issues... but the bandaid he provided will get me to the hospital for more corrective trauma repair.
IF you are on the fence in getting his reset eliminator; don't. The product does what he advertises and gets my seal of approval.

Would second this recommendation for the PRO version that I picked up at PINFEST Allentown this year. It let me know that my voltages were low, that probably the Caps in my power board were aging, etc. Plus he was a really nice guy to talk to about pinball.

#460 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

And please buy real Kahr boards, not a knock-off. That is wrong.

There are 460 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-new-product-to-help-resolve-resets-in-wpc-era-games/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.