By rkahr

3 years ago

Stats

• 452 posts
  • 179 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by ibis
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1613 (resized).JPG
2017Pro (resized).jpg
51qC8kySRIL_(resized).jpg
Photo Oct 03, 6 00 31 PM.jpg
Daughterboard schematics (2).JPG
Photo Aug 19, 9 31 15 PM.jpg
LM323 Replacement Board in action.JPG
LM323 Replacement Board.JPG
Slide1.jpg
image-763.jpg

There are 452 posts in topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 5 days ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Fellow Pinsiders,
Just a quick note to let you know that I launched a Kickstarter campaign today for redesigned score display boards for model H and model S Skee Ball machines! Here's a link if you want to check it out:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2111218102/skee-ball-display-pcbs-redesigned?ref=e36051
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

Quick update - the campaign is 85% funded with six days to go! Check it out before it closes.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

#452 3 days ago

Hoping someone can lead me in the right direction......

Have a Williams Flintstones and installed the Kahr fix over a year ago. Went to a national show, been through three house parties, no issues! Played a game the other day and getting resets on every game. I took the daughter board off and it did not reset(I assume because there is an issue at the 12v side, removing the board stopped using the 12v to feed a steady 5v?) Couple of notes:

Somewhere along the line these parts have been replaced by either myself or someone before me.....
-BR1
-BR2
-LM7812(has a hack on the back side but cold joints look ok)
-LM323
-C4
-C5
-C11

Without the daughter board I am getting voltages of 4.8 at TP02 and fluctuating voltages between 14.3-16.2 at TP08
With the daughter board installed I am getting voltages of 4.9 at TP02 and the same fluctuating voltages at TP08

Where can I go from here to look for the gremlin? If I understand this 10 page thread, there must be an issue on the 12v side due to TP08 being as low as 14v., just don't know where to look or what to test next?!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 53.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 989.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 77.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 234.99
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Murphy, NC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 27.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 452 posts in topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside