Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Ghiandalf
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MetallicaTopperOnGame.JPG
    MetallicaTopper_2.JPG

#1 8 years ago

Matt wanted me to let everyone know he's working on these now. The pictures are pretty lame and truly don't do this thing justice, but it's all we have for now. I was at my buddy's house (he took the second pic) this afternoon to check it out and all I can say is, it's one of Matt's best!!

The topper is the first molded plastic one Matt has ever done and the custom painting is even more than I expected from Matt. The detail is ridiculous. The light is a plasma light bar with an electric current that "dances" constantly from side to side. It is not just a static light. It's the perfect effect to go with the electric chair.

Price is $189 plus $15 shipping in the US. You can Email Matt at [email protected] for more info or to be put on the list.

Lastly, I will say this about Matt. I have no idea how many he'll make and no matter what Matt says, he has no idea how many he'll make. I call Matt one of those artsy, fartsy kind of guys. He'll make these until another cool idea comes up and then, that's it. Doesn't matter whether he can make money on them or not. So if you're interested, I'd check contact Matt now.

MetallicaTopper_2.JPG
    MetallicaTopperOnGame.JPG

#2 8 years ago

pretty cool, have you a short vid

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from skywalker:

pretty cool, have you a short vid

Got nothing but the pics. Sorry. If I get more from Matt, I'll post it here.

#4 8 years ago

I really like the metal toppers that Matt makes - set him apart from the other guys.
    Wish it was the same metal like the ones before - I have OCD for consistency.

Would like to see some video of it with the lighting effects.

#5 8 years ago

I like.

#7 8 years ago

I thought these images were copyright protected and enforced. Matt said on an earlier thread that he was told not to do this in threat of infringing on Metallica and Dirty D's material. Looks nice. Hope he do these without getting in trouble.

#8 8 years ago

Any other designs in the works?

#9 8 years ago

Very nice

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

Any other designs in the works?

Not from Matt.

#11 8 years ago

This topper tops them all!

#12 8 years ago

He's missing a row of teeth. Also, his arms/hands are in a really odd position too. Besides those things, it looks pretty cool though.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from flashburn:

He's missing a row of teeth. Also, his arms/hands are in a really odd position too. Besides those things, it looks pretty cool though.

His tongue is missing too..

#14 8 years ago

Well I just figured he's giving a different facial expression, so the missing tongue is acceptable. The teeth just look off though.

#15 8 years ago

The subtle differences were probably to avoid copyright infringement.

5 years later
    #16 3 years ago

Where can I buy this topper?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!