(Topic ID: 197845)

Announcing iScored: The Game Room Score Tracking App!

By pezpunk

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM (resized).png
    IMG_4921 (resized).jpg
    Stern-Pinball-Card-QR-Code.jpg
    IMG_7270 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.16.57 PM.png
    5f94192c9400a2739aba6b05e5217f598504e795 (resized).jpg
    7eed67ceda0d71afccb131436cdd03a1b039b475 (resized).jpg
    15865403738562106390691495311667 (resized).jpg
    15865400508534113908964395568461 (resized).jpg
    20200202_162036 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).JPG
    Screenshot from 2019-07-29 13-37-16 (resized).png
    iScored (resized).JPG
    Beatles Iscored theme (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tamoore.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#303 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

It's finally here!!!
    Yes, it took forever. I've been crushed at work, and I had an absolutely absurd number of hardware failures that were conspiring to prevent this thing from ever being a reality, but I think I can finally open it up.
    Community Styles are live now! I'm pretty excited ... I think this will be a really useful feature.

There is a new section, titled "Community" (Circled in red in the screenshot above).

Clicking that will open up the main Community page, where you can browse for styles shared by other users. Clicking on a style will load it in the preview pane. Then you can either create a new game in your game room with that style, or add that style to an existing game in your game room, using the buttons circled in the screenshot above.

And finally, you can manage the styles that you personally have created. You can share, unshare, or delete them (an edit function is coming).

To share a style, just select a game from your game room, and click the "share" button circled in the screenshot above. You'll be given the opportunity to give it a title and a description:

Known Issues:
    - There aren't very many styles shared right now! Please change that!
    - The "styles" dropdowns on the Settings screen is somewhat obsolete at this point. Once we get lots of styles loaded by the community, I will change that functionality to integrate better with the Community Styles.
    - This is basically a public beta test. I'm sure you guys will find some bugs initially. Just let me know when you do, and I thank you for your patience!!!
    I really want to give a huge thank you to everyone who has signed up for iScored! I am glad you guys seem to find it useful and fun!

Nice work, PEZ,
    I'm uploading some of mine right now. I'm not real good at the CSS stuff, but I'm finding help in order to get some ok looking stuff shared!
    Is there a regular font selector/color/shadow/size UI type thing in the works or planned for this? I think that would be ideal and save a lot of mussing about.
    Thanks!

#320 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Please do add arcade games! I know there are people using iScored for their vids.

I've got Asteroids in there, I'll be adding Asteroids Deluxe, Turbo, Pole Position, and Zaxxon. Maybe a couple of others.

#324 6 years ago

Hey Pez,
    I'm doing The Simpsons Pinball Party.. Have already uploaded V1. I think it needs Comic Sans for the score. Can you add it to the font database?

#326 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

- Added two new fonts -- ActionMan and ComicRelief. One or the other should work for you, tamoore.

Thanks! TSPP is updated.

#333 6 years ago

Here's a question/request. I know the edit button can be password protected to prevent people from changing settings... but can it also be hidden? If it were unseen, and could be activated by touching/clicking where it would be, that would be and look great. Really having fun setting this up.

#338 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Maybe pezpunk could simply remove the background image from the score entry screen. Just display the header and entry information.

Or maybe stretch the image to fit the entry dialog?

#349 6 years ago

I'll have two running in my arcade.. one at the bar running on a PC with a 24" touch screen, and one on the other side of the arcade running kiosk style on a 22" touch screen with a stick PC.

#351 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

i created styles for Dialed In! and The Addams Family. Nothing awesome, but for Dialed In! I added a new graphic people can use for score box backgrounds (like Indy 500 and Medieval Madness). I'd like to eventually work my way through the Pinside top 100 for games that other people haven't covered yet, but I only have time to do one or two a day at most. I say "ok i'm just gonna whip one up real quick" and then 30 minutes later i'm still fiddling around with font shadows...

I already used that Dialed In background for a Metallica update. Nice work! Looks great!

#359 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

tamoore discovered how to rotate text. i think it looks pretty sweet. it even works on the score input screen.

Thanks for noticing! It has been fun to find what is possible. I notice some of the webkit tools I'm using aren't working in MS edge browser, so you need to be using firefox or something else to see them. I was doing some text gradients too, but that technique seems to have an issue with font size, or I'm not understanding something.

2 months later
    #407 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Hey everybody!
    Just released an update with a new feature: You can now publicly share your gameroom with anyone via a URL!

The public version looks identical to the regular version, but you can't enter or edit scores, and the navigation dropdown only has 3 items -- a fullscreen button, a link to the FAQ, and a link to the Homepage. (if you are logged in, you see the full nav, though)
    This feature is disabled by default, so if you want to use it, you will have to go in and enable it.
    I consider this feature in beta right now. Please let me know if you find any bugs with it. Have fun!

This looks great! On IE win10, it doesn't seem to have a scroll bar.

2 months later
    #476 5 years ago

I've got two screens in my game room for this app. This is my dedicated kiosk running on Ubuntu.

IMG_20180513_104306668 (resized).jpgIMG_20180513_104306668 (resized).jpg

#489 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bugsy:

I shared that one yesterday, but have since tweaked it a bit. And instead of spaming the community with multiples from me on the same game, I haven't added the new, updated version.
    All I did was lower the font size and move the score and initials a bit.
    Perhaps in a future update, we can chose to remove our submitted community layouts so we can add an updated version...?

You used to be able to do that.....

3 months later
    #553 5 years ago

Is there something wrong right now? My game order is gone, and a lot of other settings aren't working.
    Thanks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tamoore.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-iscored-the-game-room-score-tracking-app?tu=tamoore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.