(Topic ID: 197845)

Announcing iScored: The Game Room Score Tracking App!

By pezpunk

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM (resized).png
    IMG_4921 (resized).jpg
    Stern-Pinball-Card-QR-Code.jpg
    IMG_7270 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.16.57 PM.png
    5f94192c9400a2739aba6b05e5217f598504e795 (resized).jpg
    7eed67ceda0d71afccb131436cdd03a1b039b475 (resized).jpg
    15865403738562106390691495311667 (resized).jpg
    15865400508534113908964395568461 (resized).jpg
    20200202_162036 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).JPG
    Screenshot from 2019-07-29 13-37-16 (resized).png
    iScored (resized).JPG
    Beatles Iscored theme (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#291 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

It's finally here!!!
    Yes, it took forever. I've been crushed at work, and I had an absolutely absurd number of hardware failures that were conspiring to prevent this thing from ever being a reality, but I think I can finally open it up.
    Community Styles are live now! I'm pretty excited ... I think this will be a really useful feature.

There is a new section, titled "Community" (Circled in red in the screenshot above).

Clicking that will open up the main Community page, where you can browse for styles shared by other users. Clicking on a style will load it in the preview pane. Then you can either create a new game in your game room with that style, or add that style to an existing game in your game room, using the buttons circled in the screenshot above.

And finally, you can manage the styles that you personally have created. You can share, unshare, or delete them (an edit function is coming).

To share a style, just select a game from your game room, and click the "share" button circled in the screenshot above. You'll be given the opportunity to give it a title and a description:

Known Issues:
    - There aren't very many styles shared right now! Please change that!
    - The "styles" dropdowns on the Settings screen is somewhat obsolete at this point. Once we get lots of styles loaded by the community, I will change that functionality to integrate better with the Community Styles.
    - This is basically a public beta test. I'm sure you guys will find some bugs initially. Just let me know when you do, and I thank you for your patience!!!
    I really want to give a huge thank you to everyone who has signed up for iScored! I am glad you guys seem to find it useful and fun!

Great feature pezpunk !! I had been waiting to buy into your software because I'm months away from a new game room, but I've decided now to go ahead and pony up the dough and begin testing it on my iPad for my current space. Won't be as visible, but will allow me to play with it when I have free time (when is that?) and hopefully help with beta testing and/or style development. Then, when I'm ready to move into my new 480 sq ft game room, it will be a simple matter of mounting a touch screen on the wall with a usb stick computer.

Out of curiosity, do you have a list of future developments that you are currently working on after this latest enhancement?

#298 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I do! I don't want to share that right now, but once the dust settles on this new feature and I get any bugs ironed out, then I will be discussing the next batch of new features. There have been tons of great suggestions, and I am going to ask for help prioritizing the list. Tentatively, I plan to create a poll here on Pinside, and have people vote for their favorite future enhancements.

Completely understand. Thanks again for spending your time developing this product. As with most pinball mods and/or products, it's quite difficult to make anywhere near enough money to cover your time, so it becomes a labor of love for the most part.

#300 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I used it a few times over the holidays. My group wasn't as interested, but some friends entered their scores.

I'm thinking if someone is only interested in the "playing" aspect of pinball and not in the competitive nature, then keeping track of high scores would be pretty far from their wheelhouse. But as others have said, even if it's only a few individuals that want to compete against each other or try to better their own scores, then it should work fairly nicely. In fact, it will work even better if those not interested in tracking their scores keep them off the display I would think. Makes it easier for those who do care to find their scores and scores of people they're trying to beat.

1 month later
    #399 6 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I’m using the Apple Magic Mouse so no scroll wheel.

As a Mac user, I should point out that the entire top surface of the Magic Mouse is a scroll wheel. Actually more like a virtual trackball, because it allows you to scroll up, down, left or right just by moving your finger in any direction across the surface which is touch sensitive. However, as I am ignorant of the OS on a rpi3, is it possible that the mouse drivers don’t support these functions?

1 month later
    #405 6 years ago

#15 is actually an extension of something I had requested earlier in the thread and I like how you worded it better. My original request was to have scores "roll-off" or be deleted after a certain # of days (specified in settings). That way you could have something like "Scores for last 180 days displayed" on the bottom or top of the screen. But I like the use for tournaments and other type events. I can imagine a bar that had a monthly event with high score getting a small prize. This would need #6 to be approved in order for it not to be abused.

All in all, a great product so far and I can hardly wait to implement it in my new game room that I'm moving in to in about 2 weeks. Thanks for all the work you've put into this.

6 months later
    #585 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bugsy:

What do you think?
    [quoted image]

Looks great. Just got my Deadpool LE and noticed no styles there yet if you're looking for another request.

1 week later
    #596 5 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

You're right -- and based on this feedback, I just pushed out an update with some improved dialog boxes:
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    Thanks again for the comments and suggestions, and please let me know if this screwed anything else up!

Is there a setting or will there ever be to allow multiple scores for the same initials? Or perhaps one of the choices in the dialog box to ask "A score already exists for this individual of xxx,xxx,xxx. Would you like to overwrite or post multiple scores?" I do realize this might get complicated if the person has 3-4 scores or more already on the board however.

#598 5 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

It's been requested enough times now that I'm going to have to do it eventually, but it's not on the immediate horizon. Implementing it will require updating/rewriting code at almost every level of the app -- changing the schema, migrating the existing data, updating a slew of backend database functions, and then of course all the front-end and UI work to implement it. I gotta admit I'm kind of dreading it.

Oy vey!! I guess I understand the difficulties now that you put it that way. All I can offer is a hearty thanks for all your hard work... much appreciated!!

1 month later
    #626 5 years ago
    Quoted from kickthefog:

Awesome news. I was fearful he was getting burned out by all the feature requests, but it seems we will be good to go to use this for years to come, which is a relief seeing as how I bought a big touch screen monitor and micro PC specifically for this.

This has been a great idea from the start. I have no idea how many users have signed up and paid their money, but i suspect it’s a lot and the potential to grow seems to be there. I do wonder with the one time purchase for life just how the incentive to keep it going after sales start to slow from saturation. I worry if it’ll eventually just die on the vine.

I would have been happy to pay $10-15/yr subscription fee to keep this going. Maybe he’ll switch at some point to a subscription model for new users and keep the original subscribers lifetime purchase still valid. I joined another forum early once and saw this happen after they reached enough users to grow by word of mouth. Was nice to be in early with no fees while still seeing the site supported by new users subscriptions.

3 weeks later
    #638 5 years ago

Has anyone tried using the ACER UT241Y touch screen monitor with a touchstick pc plugged directly into it? Been trying to research this combination, but since it's a relatively new monitor (June 2018) there's not much info out there. I had read somewhere that some of the touchscreen monitors only work if you have a computer connected via a USB-C cable... and with the touchstick computers, I'm not sure if this is possible. Seems that most of the touchstick computers connect via HDMI directly.

1 week later
    #641 5 years ago

Successfully got iscored.info running on my new 24" Acer touchscreen montior (ACER UT241Y) with a Raspberry pi 3 B+. Speed seems to be acceptable... maybe slightly slower than on my iMac, but more than acceptable.

Next step is to mount it on my gameroom wall and then I will post some pics. I am excited to get this up because my kids have very little chance to get their scores posted on the actual games due to the GC and other high scores being so high. This will hopefully fuel their fire to achieve higher and higher scores... time will tell (they still like fortnight better than pins anyway).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-iscored-the-game-room-score-tracking-app?tu=pinzap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.