(Topic ID: 197845)

Announcing iScored: The Game Room Score Tracking App!

By pezpunk

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM (resized).png
    IMG_4921 (resized).jpg
    Stern-Pinball-Card-QR-Code.jpg
    IMG_7270 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.16.57 PM.png
    5f94192c9400a2739aba6b05e5217f598504e795 (resized).jpg
    7eed67ceda0d71afccb131436cdd03a1b039b475 (resized).jpg
    15865403738562106390691495311667 (resized).jpg
    15865400508534113908964395568461 (resized).jpg
    20200202_162036 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).JPG
    Screenshot from 2019-07-29 13-37-16 (resized).png
    iScored (resized).JPG
    Beatles Iscored theme (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oyvindmo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 6 years ago

Very nice! Very quickly decided to buy two accounts: one for our location and one for the home gameroom

2 weeks later
    #219 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Anyway, my question is: can anyone think of a sexier name than "Community Styles"? [...] Some people drink and code.

Shared Styles, or considering your current state let's shorten it to Shtyles. *hic!*

5 months later
    8 months later
    #617 5 years ago
    Quoted from MikeHogue:

I'd need to start from scratch and purchase everything. Would this work on say a 24" touchscreen monitor? I'd like to mount this on a wall in the game room.

I have successfully tested this on a 27" touch screen (Hanns.G HT273), using a Raspberry Pi 3B+ to drive it. I find the scrolling a little bit slow/sluggish using the Pi, and I had to use pretty simple themes to keep it fast enough for my taste, but apart from that the whole thing works just fine.

#623 5 years ago

Stress test imminent! I'm going to install the 27" + Raspberry Pi + iScored setup in a public bar/arcade tomorrow. Here's to hoping the unwashed masses a) understand it, and b) behave.

#627 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

I do wonder with the one time purchase for life just how the incentive to keep it going after sales start to slow from saturation.

Well, I for one have purchased it twice: One for my home game room and one for a bar/arcade location where I operate pins. If I ever expand to more locations, I'm likely to purchase an account for each of those as well.

7 months later
    #661 4 years ago

New version! From Facebook:

Screenshot from 2019-07-29 13-37-16 (resized).pngScreenshot from 2019-07-29 13-37-16 (resized).png
    6 months later
    #671 4 years ago

I have a setup in a public bar, using a wall-mounted 27" touch monitor and an Intel Compute Stick dangling behind it (yeah, dangling). On the software side it runs Ubuntu and Chrome in full-screen kiosk mode, set up to automatically launch into iScored on boot-up.

I used to use a Raspberry Pi 3 model B, but it just wasn't beefy enough. The web page scrolling was choppy and input events were lost, so it was not very user friendly. Upgrading to the Compute Stick solved it. Haven't tried with a Raspberry Pi 4, since I already have something which works.

Bonus: The setup is also nice for running small tournaments. I have run flip frenzy tournaments where the players themselves submit the results, using Matchplay.events. No fuss, no stress, just very smooth.

Edit: This is the monitor I'm using: https://www.hannspree.eu/product/ht-273-hpb/. I'm not sure if I can recommend it, though. It worked well for a while, but after about a year (of 12-14 hours per day) it started becoming unstable, and now I need to replace it with something else.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oyvindmo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-iscored-the-game-room-score-tracking-app?tu=oyvindmo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.