(Topic ID: 197845)

Announcing iScored: The Game Room Score Tracking App!

By pezpunk

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM (resized).png
    IMG_4921 (resized).jpg
    Stern-Pinball-Card-QR-Code.jpg
    IMG_7270 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.16.57 PM.png
    5f94192c9400a2739aba6b05e5217f598504e795 (resized).jpg
    7eed67ceda0d71afccb131436cdd03a1b039b475 (resized).jpg
    15865403738562106390691495311667 (resized).jpg
    15865400508534113908964395568461 (resized).jpg
    20200202_162036 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).JPG
    Screenshot from 2019-07-29 13-37-16 (resized).png
    iScored (resized).JPG
    Beatles Iscored theme (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#302 6 years ago

I started using this program a couple of weeks ago. I wanted a dedicated screen that I could put on the wall with access to this program and music (pandora, personal collection, type of a jukebox idea). First; my wife and kids love that they know their high scores and what to play against. I love when they beat their (not my) high score and they go over and put it into the screen. Second; because I wanted a dedicated screen for the game room I went and bought a cheap 11" Insignia tablet from best buy. I think it cost around $130 with tax then we bought a nice wall mount from amazon to go with it. For about $170 we had it on the wall with access to the iScored program and Pandora. It certainly is not the best setup, but it was fairly inexpensive and now easy to use iScored. Here are links to what we bought.

Tablet: Price is different then what I paid now that we are past the holidays.
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-11-6-tablet-32gb-with-keyboard-black/5852813.p?skuId=5852813&cmp=RMX&extStoreId=1183&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=2835eeb9-4273-4958-b349-95bdf9292fa6&ksprof_id=12&ksaffcode=pg237413&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2

Wall Mount: I think we paid $40 for this, but it might have been $50. I cant remember.
    https://www.amazon.com/Vogels-Tablet-Mount-Universal-Adjustable/dp/B00L435LKG/ref=sr_1_19

I'll post a picture of how it looks on my wall. The nice thing is you can rotate the tablet on the mount, but it is still really close to the wall. Also you get 2 wall mounts with the purchase, so we have one centralized location and one location we use to charge the tablet.

Edit: I've also started to keep track of Poker wins using this program. I'm really enjoying it, Thanks.

#304 6 years ago

This is not a feature that is needed for anything other than my competitive nature, but is there any way to show the number of times a game style as been used from the community? It would also be nice to know which style is used more while looking for one you want to use as I imagine this list in the community section is going to get quite large. You have made it extremely easy to upload a style.

#306 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

metrics like number of times applied, and upvotes are supported in the database. They can be enabled if there's enough usage to warrant it!

Very cool!! You have my vote.

#309 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Pugsley uploaded animated versions of TZ and Whirlwind that are really awesome.

I saw this one and that is why I thought about the number of uses. I figure that TZ would be used a lot.

#318 6 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I shared a few. Some were just pics from the dropbox share that I used. Not my original designs, but no one has posted them yet. A couple others are just quick ones I made as a placeholder but better than nothing. How do you feel about arcade games mixed in?

I added a “poker wins” style. I would think arcade games would be okay.

#327 6 years ago

Is there a way to increase the number of letters for the initials? I would like to also be able to add a persons first or last name instead of their initials. Say instead of my wife having her initials I could just put her name (which is longer than 3 letters) in the program. I feel like I'm nitpicking a great product. If this is the case feel free to tell me to shut up.

#339 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Or maybe stretch the image to fit the entry dialog?

How do you change the size of the picture?

#340 6 years ago

Here’s a couple of pictures of my setup. As I said before, not the best but it works nicely for us.

FF5A38AA-F054-471F-B039-A7A24874F869 (resized).jpegFF5A38AA-F054-471F-B039-A7A24874F869 (resized).jpeg

1A3F10D0-B13E-4745-B438-B00085FA2A0D (resized).jpeg1A3F10D0-B13E-4745-B438-B00085FA2A0D (resized).jpeg

#343 6 years ago

And I feel inadequate...

2 weeks later
    #366 6 years ago

I think my biggest want right now is the ability to put full names (more than three letters) for the person. I had a party yesterday and people kept asking "who's AGH" or "who's CEB". Everyone at the party knows these people, but no one knows their initials.

#370 6 years ago

Exactly. I'm the only name on the machine and people who don't play it often have little chance of cracking the lowest score on the machine. This brings an entirely different aspect of the game to the occasional player. Very happy I decided to use this program.

1 month later
    #414 6 years ago

3 the most then I like 18 and 19. Nice list altogether though.

1 month later
    #455 5 years ago
    Quoted from zaphod:

Hi Pez
    Enjoying iScored muchly!
    I can not find a way to remove a player from a machine. Prob missing the obvious.
    Thanks
    -- Tom

I believe you put in a score of zero for that person you want to remove and it deletes the entree.

#468 5 years ago

I kind of like the idea of tournament mode or daily high scores, but can't this be done by just creating another "game" header. Say I want to have a tournament for Metallica but I don't want to erase the current scores in IScored. I would just create a Met Tournament Header or Daily header as a new game, then list scores there. When I want to delete them or zero them out I just go to settings and delete that one. Might be even easier if someone makes a tournament setup that can be downloaded from the community page. Are people just looking for a button to push so a tournament setup is only one click away? That might be nice.

#471 5 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

I've thought about doing exactly this. I have three games, so it wouldn't be hard for me...but it might be more of a pain for people with larger collections.
    What this doesn't accomplish (at least automatically) is transferring high scores achieved during a tournament or nightly play to the overall leaderboard. Again, this could be done manually by recording scores twice, but if there is a programming option that makes it automatic and clean, I'm in favor.

This makes sense to me. I guess I wasn't looking to far outside my own small collection. Also putting a colony on mars is easy. It will happen one day and I won't have raised one finger to get it done. That's as easy as it gets.

1 week later
    #490 5 years ago

I’ve definitely removed and updated an existing layout. Is this not possible anymore?

3 weeks later
    #499 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bugsy:

Looks good SDTMinSTL. However, if I may suggest, some of the header images could do without the solid background color. For example, the Ghostbusters image appears square with a white background. If you do not want the solid background and box look, you can simply add "png" to your Google search. Type in "ghostbusters png" in Google image and you can find all kinds of nice PNG images without the background look.
    Ghostbusters example: https://goo.gl/jxPyfd
    You'll notice the checkered part behind the Ghostbusters logo, which means there is no background on that image. It's already cut out for you. In my opinion this makes your header images look much cleaner and professional. Be sure to use PNG images and not JPG or other image files. If you don't see the checked backing, then there will be a solid colored background.
    Without the white background, that Ghostbusters image will look more like your Fathom, Whirlwind, and Attack From Mars headers.
    Bonus Dialed In example: https://goo.gl/ZGkQ3S

I was wondering how everyone was doing this. Thank you very much for the info.

1 month later
    #521 5 years ago

Was surprised there was no Theatre of Magic layout...so I shared one today.

1 month later
    #555 5 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

You could always enter their name as "Joe Blow 1" and "Joe Blow 2" for each score. The software won't take special characters, but it will take spaces and numbers. The ability to track multiple scores per person is a feature that is already on my to-do list, but it's not on the immediate horizon.
    Adding some kind of basic tournament support is my #1 desired feature right now, but I'm still working on how to best implement it without interfering with the app's overall simplicity and usability. I have not forgotten about it, though!
    By the way, there was a bug introduced recently that would have caused the on-screen keyboards to stop working for some people -- I just want to let you all know that's been fixed. (as well as another bug that could very rarely cause the whole game room to stop working -- also fixed)

Have you changed the setting so we can put more than 3 letters in for the name? I can still only do initials/3 letters.

#557 5 years ago

Very cool. Thanks

4 weeks later
    #588 5 years ago

How do you center the background images?

2 months later
    #640 5 years ago

PEZ you’re the best. Thank you for keeping this up.

5 months later
    #651 4 years ago

I haven't tried another option and don't even know of another software option for this, but I think it is a good value for a $20 one time fee.

2 years later
    #686 2 years ago
    Quoted from SkyKing2301:

No reason you couldn't just add a custom instance of the game for that.

This is what I do.

8 months later
    #717 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to have a temporary gameroom for a tourny night? Where you can delete it then it goes back to your normal high score game room?

I believe you can hide certain columns, so you can hide your normal game room to create temporary columns for the tournament. Then delete the temp columns and unhide your normal game columns.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-iscored-the-game-room-score-tracking-app?tu=monk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.