(Topic ID: 197845)

Announcing iScored: The Game Room Score Tracking App!

By pezpunk

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM (resized).png
    IMG_4921 (resized).jpg
    Stern-Pinball-Card-QR-Code.jpg
    IMG_7270 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.16.57 PM.png
    5f94192c9400a2739aba6b05e5217f598504e795 (resized).jpg
    7eed67ceda0d71afccb131436cdd03a1b039b475 (resized).jpg
    15865403738562106390691495311667 (resized).jpg
    15865400508534113908964395568461 (resized).jpg
    20200202_162036 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).JPG
    Screenshot from 2019-07-29 13-37-16 (resized).png
    iScored (resized).JPG
    Beatles Iscored theme (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 6 years ago

Congrats on the release! I'm excited to see what new artwork designs people come up with once the user count increases. Maybe someone will come up with some nice banners, some better backgrounds for certain games, nice font selections/shadows, etc. I want to see lots of pictures.

Quoted from pezpunk:

one of the first additional features I want to add is the ability for users to share their custom game styles with each other

That would be great. The dropbox is pretty useful for now, but being able to share though the webapp will make it very nice to use.

Quoted from Fifty:

One thing I wanted to ask, maybe for a future release, would it be possible to save a couple profiles?

Yes, please. That or maybe a checkbox on the "Order" tab that lets us choose whether a particular game gets displayed. I have a TNA style that I really like, but no game yet. The images would be easy to re-add, but the custom CSS is more of a pain to have to cut and paste.

One other feature request that someone else had in the other thread (and I really like) is to have filters for certain scores. Say I'm hosting a pin party, I can set the "Pinhead" filter and any scores recorded would be tagged. Now, I have a halloween party and non-pinheads are playing. I would switch to the "Guest" filter, and all those massive scores would be hidden. My "normal" guests wouldn't be intimidated by the huge scores that AKM, SEJ, JAS, TAD, JBM, etc. are putting up there.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from DHG:

Hey... I'm in a rush right now so I can get back to my stand alone app reasons later.
    But real quick...I think I read the thread pretty good but in case it wasn't mentioned... if I would ever do this the way you have it set then at the very least I would want the ability to download my full database as some kind of standard file so I can have a backup in case something happens on your end....
    TTYL!

Worst case, take some screenshots. Maybe pezpunk will make a nice export, but if you let the lack of one hold you back, it's your loss.

I thought I wanted a standalone version myself when he first started working on it, but after using it, I think I've changed my mind. Updates just magically get applied without having to install them myself, features like theme sharing are in the works, and I don't have to buy and maintain another piece of hardware.

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from toeskneez:

Can you pick up a game score card and move it or drop it in another spot on the list if you have a lot of games? (if that makes sense? I think it does! )
    So if something is on the extreme right, and I want to move it to the left, can it be drag and dropped? Or vice versa?

There is a page in the settings where you can reorder the games.

#115 6 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

The display itself has to be touch sensitive

It is definitely more useful that way, but you can also use it on a standard PC with mouse and keyboard.

#133 6 years ago
    Quoted from aingide:

Works really well, thanks for building this!
    I really liked the idea of using the Pinside images as headers, so I stole that. Still working on the fonts.

I just noticed "Tap Game to Record Your High Score" . Nice idea!

#140 6 years ago
    Quoted from toeskneez:

I installed some custom fonts on my lappy that runs this, and they didn't change.

Do you mean you couldn't use them in the CSS or that they didn't show in the font help menu after installing them? If it's the later, I'm nearly certain they won't show up in the menu.

#155 6 years ago
    Quoted from PeterG:

Can someone PM me the dropbox and password?

I'm not a dropbox guru, but I think we need your email address to share it with you. Send a PM to Chosen_S (or anyone with access for that matter) with your email address, and he'll add you.

#179 6 years ago
    Quoted from xbmanx:

ahh i get it - didnt have that

That's funny that when you quote me, the spoiler is expanded. Pinside bug!

#188 6 years ago

Personally, I'm able to look at a video of it and know it's worth the money. For those on the fence, perhaps an offer to refund the purchase price within a short period if they're unsatisfied.

#192 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

i haven't had any requests for a refund yet

I wouldn't expect you to get many. Once people try it, they'll be happy with it. There's just that worry from some prospective buyers that they will be stuck with something. I've had one return in five years of selling my boards.

#198 6 years ago
    Quoted from KLR2014:

Does anyone know the css code to change the vertical space between the player name and the score ?

Add "margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 0px; " to both the initials and score CSS, then play around with the numbers. It also affects the score entry dialog (or at least it used to), so check that as well when you change them. BTW, you can use negative numbers as well.

#220 6 years ago

You don't want my suggestions, unless you want to say it in a robot voice. BTW, sharing is caring.

2 weeks later
    #235 6 years ago

pezpunk

Is your iscored email working? I had a friend say he had sent you email with no response.

2 months later
    #293 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Community Styles are live now!

Awesome! I've shared my styles, or at least the ones that were different than the included ones. One issue I ran into was that the title image for my WOZ style is not displayed in the settings or styles pages, but it is in the gameroom.

Edit: It also seems a bit convoluted trying to apply the styles sometimes. The dropdown style menu doesn't include the stuff from Community (I see that's in known issues), and I can't find a way to directly apply a private style that isn't shared.

#296 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

It should work fine now.

Yeah, it does. Thanks.

#322 6 years ago

Are the dates intended to be when a style was added to the database? I was hoping to be able to sort by date once in a while to see the newest ones, but all of them say 2018-01-03 now.

#328 6 years ago

One more small issue. I can go into Community and either create a new game or overwrite an existing one without it requiring me to re-enter the password like settings does.

#336 6 years ago

The animated WW background is definitely cool. Is there any chance you have a wider version of it so that it doesn't tile on the score entry dialog?

#345 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

You mean taller? The original is 350 × 550. No its just some picture I found on the net that in my opinion fit the theme of Whirlwind.

No, I do mean wider. When you are entering a score, it doesn't fill the screen. I did a quick search and found the original, and like you said, it's only 350 (or so) wide. Too bad, because it's really cool.

#358 6 years ago

tamoore also has a very slick looking T3 with gradients in the score boxes. The community feature sure has brought about some awesome innovation.

2 weeks later
    #363 6 years ago

I don't think it's anything that you can control, but for some reason, I can't keep my tablet from sleeping when I use Fullscreen. I have an app that runs in the background to keep it awake, and it works great until I go fullscreen.

My other wishlist items are:
    1. Being able to hide a game, but retain the scores.
    2. Some sort of filters for scores, such as "family", "pinheads", "both".
    3. An option to use a different image for score backgrounds and the score entry dialog.

#385 6 years ago

There's something wrong with my score display. It has the wrong initials at the top of TNA. I tried for about an hour to fix it this morning, but no luck.

Screenshot_2018-01-28-15-47-22 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-01-28-15-47-22 (resized).png

In case it's not obvious, PEZ and a bunch of other friends visited last night, and he vandalized my high scores list.

#388 6 years ago

Do you plan to use Retropie on it, or could you install Raspbian or Ubuntu instead?

#390 6 years ago

I believe that is true, and you can add a browser, then link it into Emulation Station, but that sounds like a lot of work to me. If that's what you want, I'd recommend checking Retropie forums since you'll likely find more information there. Maybe you'll get lucky here, but there's nothing iScored specific about what you want to do.

#391 6 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

There's something wrong with my score display. It has the wrong initials at the top of TNA. I tried for about an hour to fix it this morning, but no luck.

In case it's not obvious, PEZ and a bunch of other friends visited last night, and he vandalized my high scores list.

Finally fixed this last night.

Screenshot_2018-02-01-05-57-00 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-02-01-05-57-00 (resized).png

#395 6 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Using a 32" tv for the display and the app is running on a rpi3 with a apple wireless mouse. Everything works flawless just can't figure out how the hell to scroll down the list.
    Only other thing that seems odd is I can't fit more than 5 games horizontally or 3 scores vertically even though I'm using a 32" tv and this is when toggled to full screen.
    Edit - also have a Apple wireless keyboard setup too but haven't determined the command to scroll via that either.

If you're not using a touchscreen, the only way I know to scroll a column is using a scroll wheel on a mouse. The right edge of the trackpad on my laptop also works since that is essentially a scroll wheel. pezpunk might be able to tell you if any other methods work.

1 month later
    #412 6 years ago

Separate images for score entry dialog vs score list

2 weeks later
    #424 6 years ago

Scores are listed in numerical order. High scores move to the top.

#426 6 years ago
    Quoted from bgwilly31:

I'm lost on the point of this. At first I thought really cool.
    My buddies and I play 3-5 game stints. Then best of takes the pot. So currently we have to write scores down.
    However am I missing something or this really wouldn't work for situations like above. This seems more just likes peronal highscore keeper. Which seems off I mean machines already do that?

This wouldn't work well for your situation. Maybe if/when tournament support is added.

What it is good for is for people of different skill levels to track their own personal best. My wife and son don't really have a chance of getting a score on a game's high score list, but they can track their best using iscored.

1 week later
    #438 6 years ago

Awesome! It's now really easy to log in using my phone, even in portrait. That alone is an added value. Thanks.

5 months later
    #574 5 years ago

Doesn't it already do that? I'm almost certain it used to.

2 months later
    #613 5 years ago

I sold a game and returned one that I had borrowed, so it's time to remove them from display. I'd like to save the scores, though. I've already taken a screenshot of them, but I was wondering if I was missing a way to not have them display, but also not fully delete them. Maybe I'll end up owning those games again.

#621 5 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Yup, looks like he has left the building. Hope the site continues but this is what a lot of people were concerned about if he ever lost interest in maintaining the database.

I haven't seen that he has lost interest in maintaining the database, only that he's taking a break from Pinside. Imagine that!

I would be surprised if an email to his iScored support address didn't still get answered quickly.

2 years later
    2 months later
    #706 2 years ago

Yes, it's still functional. New games are typically added by users pretty quickly, and you can add any game you want if there is not already a theme in the community library.

#708 2 years ago

It's a web service, so you can use it on any number of devices. I have mine displayed on a tablet in my gameroom, but I usually use my phone to enter scores.

1 month later
    #715 2 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I can be contacted at [email protected]. There is an iScored thread on Tilt Forums -- http://tiltforums.com/t/announcing-iscored-game-room-score-tracking-app/3158/5 -- feel free to top it if you want to discuss iScored with me and others publicly. You can find news about iScored on its Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/iScored.info/ , and I'm going to implement a "what's new" page on iScored, so that new features can be communicated directly to users when they use the app. I can also be found skulking around various pinball locations in the Northern Virginia / DC area. By all means say hi if you see a guy in purple chucks cussing out a game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-iscored-the-game-room-score-tracking-app?tu=herg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.