(Topic ID: 197845)

Announcing iScored: The Game Room Score Tracking App!

By pezpunk

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM (resized).png
    IMG_4921 (resized).jpg
    Stern-Pinball-Card-QR-Code.jpg
    IMG_7270 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.16.57 PM.png
    5f94192c9400a2739aba6b05e5217f598504e795 (resized).jpg
    7eed67ceda0d71afccb131436cdd03a1b039b475 (resized).jpg
    15865403738562106390691495311667 (resized).jpg
    15865400508534113908964395568461 (resized).jpg
    20200202_162036 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).JPG
    Screenshot from 2019-07-29 13-37-16 (resized).png
    iScored (resized).JPG
    Beatles Iscored theme (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shredso.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 6 years ago

I have a touchscreen jukebox in the game room. I've been thinking about upgrading the screen. It's an old ELO 17". It works but I'd like it to be larger. It's just running a PC in a closet. This might push me to get something more current and larger. Any suggestions on a screen? Is there a demo or light version to see how it looks on either my tablet or the small touchscreen?

#96 6 years ago

I just snagged a 22" refurb for $160. There is also what appears to be a returned 24" for $234.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B009F1IKFC/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01KEEMS1U/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc

Looking forward to setting this up and having a more usable screen for my jukebox.

#150 6 years ago

I just bought it. Screen should be here Sunday, I'm going to start messing with it now. A few things I would like to be able to do are a nightly tournament- best scores of the day. Maybe an age category (under 12 division so my kids can have a rivalry without my scores mixed in). Is any of that possible?

#151 6 years ago

I'm not great at Photoshop. I added some Aerosmith files to the dropbox. If anyone actually knows what they are doing, feel free to delete them, In the meantime, they are better than nothing.

3 weeks later
    #233 6 years ago

I got my new screen in and started messing around with this. My older screen was a little smaller and intended to mount flush. I used door molding to trim out the outside. I'll need to relocate the volume switch (I use this touchscreen for a jukebox) and the power button. Hopefully I can get away with the same trim idea. This monitor is not intended for flush mount but I'm trying it anyway.

Right now my biggest request would be high scores of the day view. If you could have the clock go from say 6AM instead of 12 that would prevent parties going beyond midnight from being messed up. This could make tournaments work. A reset high score of the day function would be cool too.

It would be great to see a pin golf mode as well.

Last request that is likely a stretch, any thoughts of making this work alongside Pindigo?

2017-10-06 23.04.00 (resized).jpg2017-10-06 23.04.00 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #277 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lawnboy:

Im ready to buy a bigger touchscreen display with the Lenovo Ideacentre Stick. Where is the best place to buy the screen for the best deal and is the Lenovo Ideacentre Stick still ideal?

Keep an eye out for open box deals in the Amazon warehouse. I saw some great deals when I was shopping for mine.

#279 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lawnboy:

Is the Amazon Wharehouse different from regular Amazon?

There is usually "more buying choices" listed under the price. Here are some deals on a 24".

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01KEEMS1U/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc

This is how I bought mine.

1 month later
    #289 6 years ago

How are you guys dealing with tournaments? I was really hoping a tournament feature would be added. I'd like to keep my regular game room scores but have a best score in 24 hours feature for tournaments.

#317 6 years ago

I shared a few. Some were just pics from the dropbox share that I used. Not my original designs, but no one has posted them yet. A couple others are just quick ones I made as a placeholder but better than nothing. How do you feel about arcade games mixed in?

#321 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Please do add arcade games! I know there are people using iScored for their vids.

I put DK and DK2 in there.

2 weeks later
    #364 6 years ago

I just followed over on Facebook. My biggest wish list feature is still score of the day, or tournament mode. Public link is a great idea. I'd love to taunt people.
    Being able to hide games is also a cool idea for those of us that rotate games in and out. I was playing Strikes N Spares, it has 3 game modes. Would it be possible to have multiple levels of score for a game? Possibly saves for some of the secondary goals in a game, like castle champion in MM, Metallica has lots of secondary scores.

1 month later
    #415 6 years ago

In order of importance to me..

9/10

Thanks!

1 month later
    #459 5 years ago

+2 on tournament!

#464 5 years ago

I agree with high score of the day. That would be fine for my needs. Is it possible to make the day end after midnight? It would stink if we were playing and everything got wiped at midnight during a party.

4 weeks later
    #497 5 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

So I shared all of my custom themes/styles tonight (18 I think) via the community button. I am no expert, but I have gotten a fair share of compliments on the look of it. I hope someone can benefit. Please disregard my pathetic scores.
    This is what they look like:

Looks good! I may steal a couple of those.

2 months later
    #543 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

I still don't see it... Am I doing something wrong?[quoted image]

Go to community, search your game, click to check out which you like, click create new game.

1 month later
    #599 5 years ago

Any update on some sort of tournament mode?

1 month later
    #614 5 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

I sold a game and returned one that I had borrowed, so it's time to remove them from display. I'd like to save the scores, though. I've already taken a screenshot of them, but I was wondering if I was missing a way to not have them display, but also not fully delete them. Maybe I'll end up owning those games again.

I would like an option to store a game as well. Any chance of tournament support in time for the holiday parties?

2 weeks later
    #632 5 years ago

Hoping tournament support is added by New Years Eve! I know, very unlikely, but I try to get people involved in playing on NYE and this would be a perfect way to track the prizes. I will zero everything out for the party if I have to.

#634 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

Couldn't you add extra machines in the app for the tournament?

Do you mean add every game again and call it tournament or something? That could work, might be confusing for non tech people.

2 years later
    #689 2 years ago

Works for me.

4 months later
    #698 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

I wanted to give my guests and family an easy way to enter their scores without having to run over to a tablet I have mounted on the wall.
    I enabled the public URL for my iScored account and enabled the allow score posting from Public URL.
    I created a QR code for my link and made new apron cards. Now anyone can simply scan the QR code and enter a score.
    I obfuscated my QR code in this picture to prevent public manipulation of my gameroom scores. It would be cool if there was a way to implement GeoFencing in the config so scores could only be posted on the public site when a person was inside a certain radius of the primary location.[quoted image]

This is a really neat idea. I run a friendly tournament on NYE with a small cash prize ($2 bill) for high score on each game. Mostly to get the kids playing pinball instead of hiding in their rooms with a headset on and the lights off. If you could share some info on how you created these I think I can get people more into the tournament.

2 months later
    #718 2 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

I believe you can hide certain columns, so you can hide your normal game room to create temporary columns for the tournament. Then delete the temp columns and unhide your normal game columns.

This is exactly what I do. Make 2 copies of every game in your gameroom, only view the ones you want.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shredso.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-iscored-the-game-room-score-tracking-app?tu=Shredso and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.