(Topic ID: 197845)

Announcing iScored: The Game Room Score Tracking App!

By pezpunk

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM (resized).png
    IMG_4921 (resized).jpg
    Stern-Pinball-Card-QR-Code.jpg
    IMG_7270 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.16.57 PM.png
    5f94192c9400a2739aba6b05e5217f598504e795 (resized).jpg
    7eed67ceda0d71afccb131436cdd03a1b039b475 (resized).jpg
    15865403738562106390691495311667 (resized).jpg
    15865400508534113908964395568461 (resized).jpg
    20200202_162036 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).JPG
    Screenshot from 2019-07-29 13-37-16 (resized).png
    iScored (resized).JPG
    Beatles Iscored theme (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#146 6 years ago

Any plans for a month/yr to go along with a score?

Might be neat to see how long some of these grand champ scores sit at the top.

#200 6 years ago

Found a pretty good deal on a 19.5 led touchscreen, how many columns can fit a screen this size?

4 months later
    #372 6 years ago

Getting ready to buy this and run on a 19” lcd.

What is the better way to set this up? Raspberry pi or iPad via Apple TV?

#378 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

i don't know anything about Apple TV ... maybe someone else could chime in? I know Raspberry Pi 3 works, but it can be tricky to get certain touchscreen monitors recognized with it.

The Apple TV just allows mirroring from your iPad. So you would type your scores etc... in on iPad but displayed on tv.

It isn't a touchscreen tv that I would be using so I wasn't sure how the raspberry would work as far as entering scores. I'm assuming you would need to hook up a keyboard to interact with app?

#380 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

right. you'd have to have a keyboard/mouse under the TV. But on the plus side, you should have no trouble getting that monitor to work.

No trouble with the raspberry you mean?

Is it possible to use a wireless keyboard with a raspberry? I hate having wires all over the place junking it up!

#382 6 years ago
    #383 6 years ago

Anyone using any Apple devices to mirror to a tv that can comment on how well it works?

Specifically can an Apple TV be used in conjunction with Apple wireless keyboard or will I still need to use the iPad as well?

I got all this stuff already and am just trying to determine how best to use it.

#387 6 years ago

Hoping someone can help as I'm stuck getting this working.

Decided to go with the raspberry pi 3 and have it all setup with tv and wireless keyboard/mouse.

Where I'm having an issue is getting to a browser to somehow to launch iscored. The pi3 is currently set to auto boot to retropie which has all the retro arcade games. The is a config menu in there but it is a bit over my head on what to do.

Anyone able to walk me through getting this working?

#389 6 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Do you plan to use Retropie on it, or could you install Raspbian or Ubuntu instead?

If I'm looking at this correctly, raspbian is on it however the retropie is over it. I think. There are menus in retropie that I can make a change to boot differently like ssh, desktop and a few others but I've never messed with one of these before.

Ideally I want to keep retropie so people can play the arcades but I also would like to be able to get to iscored easily as well.

For now I am going to use the keyboard/mouse with my led tv but if I don't like the interaction may swap it to a touchscreen. Won't be able to decide until I get it running though, lol.

#392 6 years ago

When your toggled into full screen how do you scroll down? I only can see top three scores.

#394 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Hmm, you should be able to scroll with your finger? What are you using?

Using a 32" tv for the display and the app is running on a rpi3 with a apple wireless mouse. Everything works flawless just can't figure out how the hell to scroll down the list.

Only other thing that seems odd is I can't fit more than 5 games horizontally or 3 scores vertically even though I'm using a 32" tv and this is when toggled to full screen.

Edit - also have a Apple wireless keyboard setup too but haven't determined the command to scroll via that either.

#398 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Oh right. With a mouse, you have to use the mouse wheel. Perhaps clicking in a column and pushing the down arrow might work too? I’ll check.
    Maybe I should add an option to show the scroll bars.

Scroll bar option might be a good idea. I’m using the Apple Magic Mouse so no scroll wheel.

I’m able to click and use down arrow on key board but it’s kind of a pain because you need to reverse everything to get back to normal position.

The screen scans back and forth, any possibility of adding a vertical scan?

#401 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

As a Mac user, I should point out that the entire top surface of the Magic Mouse is a scroll wheel. Actually more like a virtual trackball, because it allows you to scroll up, down, left or right just by moving your finger in any direction across the surface which is touch sensitive. However, as I am ignorant of the OS on a rpi3, is it possible that the mouse drivers don’t support these functions?

I’m thinking this is likely the issue but the Apple keyboard works as it should so not 100% sure.

Quoted from pezpunk:

hmmm, good idea ... i actually wrote that in originally, but it looked wonky and made the animation choppy on certain devices. but i suppose i could add it as a user-configurable option. on the list it goes. (i'm really sorry for the lack of updates since the Community release - i've been buried at work)
    PS - added the lack of scroll ability on mac to the bug list, which means it will get dealt with sooner.

2 months later
    #453 5 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Thanks for the report. I'm having trouble reproducing that issue on either my iPhone or my iPad. Seems to scroll fine on both for me --

would you mind telling me what generation iPad and what version of the OS you're using?
    I design the site by hand using the text editor in the Eclipse IDE (it's convenient because most of my other programming projects are already in there). The site uses recent versions of common JavaScript and Web frameworks such as JQuery and Bootstrap. HTML5 / CSS3 standards are generally followed.
    iScored makes use of Safari's WebKit extensions, too. I'm really interested in reproducing what you're seeing. Obviously, it's important to me that my homepage works in all situations!

Thanks for mentioning this -- i have seen this problem. I think it's different from what alexanr1 is describing, though. He's talking about the welcome screen, and i think you're talking about the iScored game room itself.
    As to what you've seen -- unfortunately, it's a quirk with the way some browsers implement user focus. For all of the industry's concentration on standards, some UI functionality still ends up as judgment calls for the various browsers, and without going into too much detail, what seems to be happening is an outer container frame will initially have "focus", and on certain devices, they've decided not to allow the user to switch focus and scroll with the same gesture. I think i can come up with some JavaScript magic to fix that problem, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I should probably bump that up the priority list.

I've been having a similar issue with scrolling down using a rpi3 via 32" tv and using the Apple wireless keyboard. All other functions seem to work except scrolling down, not sure if this is related to the issue the other poster is having with the iPad OS.

#477 5 years ago

Anyone else having vertical scrolling issues with Apple keyboard?

#479 5 years ago

Any reason there can’t be a vertical scroll option added like the horizontal that is available? Or at least make it an option?

#481 5 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

yeah, i can definitely do that. since it's as usability issue, it's at the top of my list right now -- will probably be the next update.

Cool, that will be great. I can keep adding scores but just cant seem to get down to view them once entered. Really strange.

1 week later
    #493 5 years ago

Thanks for adding the scroll bars.

Couple things I notice now running this via a rpi3 and chromium browser with Apple mouse and wireless keyboard.

I can scroll using fn key and up down with keyboard on the home page and settings pages etc.... but not in the game room. I think maybe if there was only 1 vertical scroll bar perhaps it may work? Not sure why it works everywhere except the game room page.

Also, if selecting show all scroll bars option they are visible in regular format but when I toggle full screen I only see 3 scroll bars for 8 games.

Any ideas?

#495 5 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

i will fire up my rpi3 and test this out. I know it works with Windows mouse/keyboard.

the scrollbars will only show up for games that have scores that run off the page. perhaps when you switch to fullscreen mode, the scores for those games all fit on the page.

Let me know how you make out, I can send you a picture if you want.

The thing that is bizarre is I’m able to scroll on rpi3 and chromium with everything but the iscored game room. Every other page on your site scrolls fine.

2 weeks later
    #507 5 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

1. the background image vertical height will depend on whatever the resolution of your screen is. 900 pixels should be long enough for most screens, i think, but your mileage may vary. you probably want to make the background images about 430 pixels wide, by the way -- that's the width of the score entry popup, which also uses the game's background image.
    2. sure, i can add fonts. i do so from time to time. any requests? the caveat is sometimes it can be hard to find legal free versions of what you want.
    don't forget to click the "share this style" button and share anything you create with the community! (oops i see you already did! cool!)

You ever fire up the rpi to look at the scrolling issues? Never heard back from you.

5 months later
    #629 5 years ago

Wondering if someone can help get a new game added?

Been trying to format some header and background art to add Beatles into my game room and I’m whiffing big time!

1 year later
    #682 3 years ago

Anyone able to create a header for the Bally Rolling Stones machine?

I haven’t been able to successfully do this yet. Appreciate the help!

2 weeks later
    #683 3 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone able to create a header for the Bally Rolling Stones machine?
    I haven’t been able to successfully do this yet. Appreciate the help!

Anyone able to assist with this?

2 years later
    #721 1 year ago

Anyone still using this that can create a 007 game for the list?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-iscored-the-game-room-score-tracking-app?tu=Psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.