(Topic ID: 197845)

Announcing iScored: The Game Room Score Tracking App!

By pezpunk

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM (resized).png
    IMG_4921 (resized).jpg
    Stern-Pinball-Card-QR-Code.jpg
    IMG_7270 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.16.57 PM.png
    5f94192c9400a2739aba6b05e5217f598504e795 (resized).jpg
    7eed67ceda0d71afccb131436cdd03a1b039b475 (resized).jpg
    15865403738562106390691495311667 (resized).jpg
    15865400508534113908964395568461 (resized).jpg
    20200202_162036 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).JPG
    Screenshot from 2019-07-29 13-37-16 (resized).png
    iScored (resized).JPG
    Beatles Iscored theme (resized).png
    There are 723 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.
    #1 6 years ago

I am super excited to announce that iScored is now officially online!

https://www.iScored.info/

iScored!iScored!

What is it?

It's a a score tracking app for your game room, so you and your guests can record your best scores. See it in action:

As I mention in the video, I feel like pinball is more fun and more engaging when you have points of reference to compare your score against, whether it's the best score from the last time you played, or the best scores of your pals. I've used this app in my game room for several parties, and it has definitely increased in the level of engagement among non-pinheads and pinheads alike. Plus it's tons of fun to play around with the graphics and get the thing looking really cool! Some of my beta testers have done amazing things!

What Devices Does It Work With?

I designed it with a touchscreen in mind, but it also works fine with a keyboard and mouse. Ideally, it's at its most fabulous on a large touchscreen mounted on a wall.

But pretty much anything with a modern web browser will work -- Windows, Mac, Linux, various tablets running Android or iOS ... it even works on a Raspberry Pi 3 (although scrolling is a little bit choppy). See the FAQ ( https://iscored.info/index.php?target=faq.php ) for more info on supported devices. If your device has an up-to-date version of Chrome, Chromium, Safari, Firefox, Edge, or IE 11+, then you should be fine.

Does it come with all those images for all those games?
    No, users are responsible for supplying their own images. There are, however, a plethora of customization options! You can upload your own images, choose from dozens of built in fonts, apply custom style presets, and even directly modify the CSS code that determines how each game is displayed.

Simple Options:
    simple optionssimple options

Totally Optional Advanced Options:
    advanced optionsadvanced options

If iScored is successful, one of the first additional features I want to add is the ability for users to share their custom game styles with each other! For now, I know the beta testers have been sharing their work with each other through Pinside and Dropbox.

I've tried to make the software flexible so that it works on a wide variety of setups. Here's a peek at the options screen:
    we've got options.we've got options.

Ok, Ok How Much?
    Lifetime access, unlimited games, unlimited scores is $19.95. No monthly fees. No ads. No restrictions.

Sweet, When Will It Be Ready?
    The site is operational. You should be able to sign up and get started right now!

https://www.iScored.info/

(PS - If you're interested in reading about the idea from its very first prototype through its early stages of development, and seeing lots of images and screenshots from beta testers, you can visit the original topic here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-custom-gameroom-high-score-app )

#2 6 years ago

Amazing! Im in!

#3 6 years ago

I've been watching your other thread closely while in development. Congrats on the release! I'm looking forward to making it a part of my game room. Quick question for you: Can I log into my account from multiple computers simultaneously?

I'm thinking of using an iPad as the main source to input scores, but hoping to also have it running on a Mac Mini connected to my 42" TV mounted on the wall for show.

#4 6 years ago

Very well done. Congrats.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from japespin:

I've been watching your other thread closely while in development. Congrats on the release! I'm looking forward to making it a part of my game room. Quick question for you: Can I log into my account from multiple computers simultaneously?

yes!

Quoted from japespin:

I'm thinking of using an iPad as the main source to input scores, but hoping to also have it running on a Mac Mini connected to my 42" TV mounted on the wall for show.

yep, that'll work fine. Although you'll have to manually refresh the screen to see new scores.

#7 6 years ago

Samsung TVs with the built in browser? (they are what are already on the wall of both game rooms)

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Samsung TVs with the built in browser? (they are what are already on the wall of both game rooms)

I'm not sure. If it's Chrome it should work. If not, your best bet is to pick up a PC-on-a-stick or hook up an old laptop or something.

#9 6 years ago

I'm in!! Perfect timing for my pincade party coming up on the 23rd!

#10 6 years ago

Thanks man, awesome work!

#11 6 years ago

I created a Dropbox that can host all of our art

Guys, if you want access to the dropbox, pm me your email address, and you'll be added and Dropbox will email you a link.

Those that are members of the dropbox, please remember to add your art to it for all to access easily and please help to keep it organized

#12 6 years ago

By lifetime do you mean in my lifetime, or just the lifetime of the website? If you stop updating your site, or stop paying the bills on it, what happens to our accounts and scores?

By the way, I've been following your other post since the beginning and am excited to get started with it.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bugsy:

By lifetime do you mean in my lifetime, or just the lifetime of the website? If you stop updating your site, or stop paying the bills on it, what happens to our accounts and scores?

I can 100% guarantee that your account will remain in good standing until the earth crashes into the sun or the site goes offline, whichever comes first.

#14 6 years ago

Congrats @pezpunk!

One thing I wanted to ask, maybe for a future release, would it be possible to save a couple profiles? I was thinking maybe two would be enough. Then I could have 1 profile saved and a 2nd profile for testing out new headers, backgrounds or just designing things differently for holidays. 1 default profile, and then one for Christmas or Hallowe'en or a Special Event themed night. This way I can revert back to my original profile without having to redo everything.

#15 6 years ago

Haha thanks for your hard work. Can't wait to get some scores posted.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fifty:

Congrats pezpunk!
    One thing I wanted to ask, maybe for a future release, would it be possible to save a couple profiles? I was thinking maybe two would be enough. Then I could have 1 profile saved and a 2nd profile for testing out new headers, backgrounds or just designing things differently for holidays. 1 default profile, and then one for Christmas or Hallowe'en or a Special Event themed night. This way I can revert back to my original profile without having to redo everything.

this is a good suggestion. it's going on the list of future enhancements.

#17 6 years ago

Wow -- wasn't expecting to see it up so soon -- very cool pez!! I'll be signing up soon

#18 6 years ago

good news.

i don't know if it was answered or asked in the other thread.
    is it possible to have a date under each score or something so we can know how long that score was up there.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

good news.
    i don't know if it was answered or asked in the other thread.
    is it possible to have a date under each score or something so we can know how long that score was up there.

definitely possible. in fact there's already a database field for it. It's just not implemented quite yet, but it's on the list.

#20 6 years ago

Nice one I'm gonna try. What is the reference of your screen ?

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nico:

Nice one I'm gonna try. What is the reference of your screen ?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KEEMS1U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s01

this is the monitor i'm currently using. it works pretty well and is reasonably priced.

#22 6 years ago

Cant wait to give this a crack! Very exciting.

#23 6 years ago

Very nice! Very quickly decided to buy two accounts: one for our location and one for the home gameroom

#24 6 years ago

Thank you for this great idea.
    No more ugly whiteboard for the kids scores.
    Opening an account now.

#25 6 years ago

Whoo! Congrats Pez. Now lets load test this thing!

#26 6 years ago

Is there a limit to the number of scores each game can have entered?

Can scores be sorted/filtered by user/player only?

#27 6 years ago

Congrats on the release! I'm excited to see what new artwork designs people come up with once the user count increases. Maybe someone will come up with some nice banners, some better backgrounds for certain games, nice font selections/shadows, etc. I want to see lots of pictures.

Quoted from pezpunk:

one of the first additional features I want to add is the ability for users to share their custom game styles with each other

That would be great. The dropbox is pretty useful for now, but being able to share though the webapp will make it very nice to use.

Quoted from Fifty:

One thing I wanted to ask, maybe for a future release, would it be possible to save a couple profiles?

Yes, please. That or maybe a checkbox on the "Order" tab that lets us choose whether a particular game gets displayed. I have a TNA style that I really like, but no game yet. The images would be easy to re-add, but the custom CSS is more of a pain to have to cut and paste.

One other feature request that someone else had in the other thread (and I really like) is to have filters for certain scores. Say I'm hosting a pin party, I can set the "Pinhead" filter and any scores recorded would be tagged. Now, I have a halloween party and non-pinheads are playing. I would switch to the "Guest" filter, and all those massive scores would be hidden. My "normal" guests wouldn't be intimidated by the huge scores that AKM, SEJ, JAS, TAD, JBM, etc. are putting up there.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

well, there are 39 usable characters, so in theory you can save 39^3 or 59,319 scores per game. If you'd like to test that theory be my guest.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Can scores be sorted/filtered by user/player only?

Quoted from herg:

One other feature request that someone else had in the other thread (and I really like) is to have filters for certain scores. Say I'm hosting a pin party, I can set the "Pinhead" filter and any scores recorded would be tagged. Now, I have a halloween party and non-pinheads are playing. I would switch to the "Guest" filter, and all those massive scores would be hidden. My "normal" guests wouldn't be intimidated by the huge scores that AKM, SEJ, JAS, TAD, JBM, etc. are putting up there.

Filtering has now been requested by at least three people in the first few hours of launch, so it's quickly moving up the priority list.

Quoted from herg:

maybe a checkbox on the "Order" tab that lets us choose whether a particular game gets displayed.

The ability to hide rather than delete games was already on the upcoming features list. Putting it on the order list is a good idea for implementation.

#30 6 years ago

How exciting! I just signed up.

Pezpunk, it looks like you have a new full-time job for now

#31 6 years ago

I gladly purchased - thanks for all the work you put in to this - ive been watching on the other thread

#32 6 years ago

Purchased - thanks!

snip (resized).PNGsnip (resized).PNG

#34 6 years ago

Grat's you beat me to the Punch. I am working on a competing app! However I will support your app!!

#35 6 years ago

Sweet! I need to buy another screen to get this up and running!

#36 6 years ago

I like the full background images, but using Pinside game titles for now. Nice uniformed size and my friends won't have to ask me when a game is from. Great app pez.

TDarcade (resized).pngTDarcade (resized).png

#37 6 years ago

I think it's a great idea. I was actually looking for something like this was earlier this year. However I'm totally not a fan of using software that relies on a cloud or online database. If you made this a stand alone Android app that stores all my data locally I'd be all over it. Any chance of that in the future?

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from DHG:

I think it's a great idea. I was actually looking for something like this was earlier this year. However I'm totally not a fan of using software that relies on a cloud or online database. If you made this a stand alone Android app that stores all my data locally I'd be all over it. Any chance of that in the future?

That would make no sense - why would you develop for multiple platforms when you can develop for one that works across all platforms?

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from DHG:

Nah. The main issue is portability. In its current form, it works and is easily obtainable on any device with a modern web browser, whether it's Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Linux, or whatever. The same code runs on every client, and i can support an incredible range of devices. The last thing I want to deal with is Android, Apple, Microsoft, or any other app stores, and their various policies and payment models and approval processes and whatever.

Then there's security - with my current model, my backend code is reasonably secure. But the minute I released it as a standalone app, some jerk would start cloning it for their friends. I have no desire to get into the business of selling hardware security dongles so that people can record their pinball scores.

I also don't want to get into the business of flashing hardware and selling physical black box iScored devices -- another idea someone suggested to me. I see little benefit to locking people into specific hardware. Doing it through the browser is an easy way to guarantee pretty much everyone can run it with hardware they already own.

Out of curiosity, what's your objection to using an online database? It's not like pinball scores are a big privacy concern, or eat a lot of bandwidth. The initial page load is pulling down some graphics depending on your setup, but once it's loaded and people are entering scores, it doesn't refresh the whole page. it just sends and receives the tiny amount of data necessary to record or retrieve the score.

#40 6 years ago

Maybe I missed it but is there a public link which can be shared without giving the ability to update scores?
    Really Really loving this!

screenshot.190 (resized).jpgscreenshot.190 (resized).jpg

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from ScottyC:

Maybe I missed it but is there a public link which can be shared without giving the ability to update scores?
    Really Really loving this!

glad you're enjoying it! your setup looks pretty cool!

there's no way to make your room public (or read-only). if you are just trying to show it off to others, a screenshot is probably the best you can do for now.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Nah. The main issue is portability. In its current form, it works and is easily obtainable on any device with a modern web browser, whether it's Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Linux, or whatever. The same code runs on every client, and i can support an incredible range of devices. The last thing I want to deal with is Android, Apple, Microsoft, or any other app stores, and their various policies and payment models and approval processes and whatever.
    Then there's security - with my current model, my backend code is reasonably secure. But the minute I released it as a standalone app, some jerk would start cloning it for their friends. I have no desire to get into the business of selling hardware security dongles so that people can record their pinball scores.
    I also don't want to get into the business of flashing hardware and selling physical black box iScored devices -- another idea someone suggested to me. I see little benefit to locking people into specific hardware. Doing it through the browser is an easy way to guarantee pretty much everyone can run it with hardware they already own.
    Out of curiosity, what's your objection to using an online database? It's not like pinball scores are a big privacy concern, or eat a lot of bandwidth. The initial page load is pulling down some graphics depending on your setup, but once it's loaded and people are entering scores, it doesn't refresh the whole page. it just sends and receives the tiny amount of data necessary to record or retrieve the score.

Hey... I'm in a rush right now so I can get back to my stand alone app reasons later.
    But real quick...I think I read the thread pretty good but in case it wasn't mentioned... if I would ever do this the way you have it set then at the very least I would want the ability to download my full database as some kind of standard file so I can have a backup in case something happens on your end....

TTYL!

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from DHG:

Hey... I'm in a rush right now so I can get back to my stand alone app reasons later.
    But real quick...I think I read the thread pretty good but in case it wasn't mentioned... if I would ever do this the way you have it set then at the very least I would want the ability to download my full database as some kind of standard file so I can have a backup in case something happens on your end....
    TTYL!

agree there. A csv download would be nice and I would imagine pretty easy to accomplish from a feature perspective since this is all in a database anyhow

#44 6 years ago

Can't wait to get this up and runnning. My room has the perfect set up for it. Projector in front for sports/music - and 42 inch mounted in back above the bar.

Thanks much for putting together!

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from DHG:

TTYL!

Worst case, take some screenshots. Maybe pezpunk will make a nice export, but if you let the lack of one hold you back, it's your loss.

I thought I wanted a standalone version myself when he first started working on it, but after using it, I think I've changed my mind. Updates just magically get applied without having to install them myself, features like theme sharing are in the works, and I don't have to buy and maintain another piece of hardware.

#46 6 years ago

This is some Badassery

Image 1235 (resized).pngImage 1235 (resized).png

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from xbmanx:

This is some Badassery

What's your setup?

#48 6 years ago

This would work well with foosball or Super Chexx or even pool and darts to keep ongoing games won. That's what I intend to do with it, since I only have one pin.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What's your setup?

This is currently just setup using my desktop but I have a chromebook I am going to put in the game room for the time being.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from DHG:

TTYL!

if it's any reassurance, the hosting is prepaid for 3 years, and the database is backed up nightly.

There are 723 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-iscored-the-game-room-score-tracking-app?hl=toeskneez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.