(Topic ID: 197845)

Announcing iScored: The Game Room Score Tracking App!

By pezpunk

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM (resized).png
    IMG_4921 (resized).jpg
    Stern-Pinball-Card-QR-Code.jpg
    IMG_7270 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.16.57 PM.png
    5f94192c9400a2739aba6b05e5217f598504e795 (resized).jpg
    7eed67ceda0d71afccb131436cdd03a1b039b475 (resized).jpg
    15865403738562106390691495311667 (resized).jpg
    15865400508534113908964395568461 (resized).jpg
    20200202_162036 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).JPG
    Screenshot from 2019-07-29 13-37-16 (resized).png
    iScored (resized).JPG
    Beatles Iscored theme (resized).png
    There are 723 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 15.
    #351 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

i created styles for Dialed In! and The Addams Family. Nothing awesome, but for Dialed In! I added a new graphic people can use for score box backgrounds (like Indy 500 and Medieval Madness). I'd like to eventually work my way through the Pinside top 100 for games that other people haven't covered yet, but I only have time to do one or two a day at most. I say "ok i'm just gonna whip one up real quick" and then 30 minutes later i'm still fiddling around with font shadows...

I already used that Dialed In background for a Metallica update. Nice work! Looks great!

#352 6 years ago
    Quoted from MadPole:

There's about a 5 minute learning curve to get used to how it responds. It's more than accurate enough to do everything IScored needs.
    And it's pretty ef'ing cool.

I'd really like to set up something for iscored in my basement, and I have a 42" screen laying around from an old Vpin build that I dismantled. Very tempting to try the touchjet thing.

#353 6 years ago

So choosing backgrounds for score panels is something we can't upload to? If yes are there future plans to let us upload score backgrounds like we can with regular backgrounds?

#354 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

So choosing backgrounds for score panels is something we can't upload to? If yes are there future plans to let us upload score backgrounds like we can with regular backgrounds?

No, you can't officially through the UI ... But I can think of multiple ways for a user to accomplish it if you're clever.

Adding official support for scorebox background images is not on the list at this time, though. It'd be a fairly large effort, requiring modification to the game room rendering code, the settings UI, the community page, various javascripts, and multiple database tables. I don't know. I guess it's doable. I"ll think about it!

#355 6 years ago

I added a slight animation to my waves in Fish Tales.

EDIT: Also added an animated option for Attack From Mars.

#356 6 years ago

pezpunk Love the comments in the code Agree with you on Firefox.

#357 6 years ago

tamoore discovered how to rotate text. i think it looks pretty sweet. it even works on the score input screen.

rotation (resized).jpgrotation (resized).jpg

rotation2 (resized).jpgrotation2 (resized).jpg

#358 6 years ago

tamoore also has a very slick looking T3 with gradients in the score boxes. The community feature sure has brought about some awesome innovation.

#359 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

tamoore discovered how to rotate text. i think it looks pretty sweet. it even works on the score input screen.

Thanks for noticing! It has been fun to find what is possible. I notice some of the webkit tools I'm using aren't working in MS edge browser, so you need to be using firefox or something else to see them. I was doing some text gradients too, but that technique seems to have an issue with font size, or I'm not understanding something.

2 weeks later
    #360 6 years ago

Hey folks!

Stop by the brand new Facebook page and hit the follow button -- https://www.facebook.com/iscored.info/ -- that page will likely be a better way to keep up with the latest updates and so on, and I'm planning on running some contests with cool merch for prizes.

In the meantime -- I'd appreciate any feedback here on 1) your most bothersome bug and 2) your most desired feature that doesn't exist yet! Help me prioritize what gets done next.

Thanks again for supporting iScored, everyone. I'm glad people are enjoying it.

#361 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

2) your most desired feature that doesn't exist yet! Help me prioritize what gets done next.

Quoted from ScottyC:

a public link which can be shared without giving the ability to update scores

Still love the app, but this feature would get heads back in the door when someone beats their score.

#362 6 years ago

oh yeah i love that suggestion, it's definitely high on my list.

#363 6 years ago

I don't think it's anything that you can control, but for some reason, I can't keep my tablet from sleeping when I use Fullscreen. I have an app that runs in the background to keep it awake, and it works great until I go fullscreen.

My other wishlist items are:
    1. Being able to hide a game, but retain the scores.
    2. Some sort of filters for scores, such as "family", "pinheads", "both".
    3. An option to use a different image for score backgrounds and the score entry dialog.

#364 6 years ago

I just followed over on Facebook. My biggest wish list feature is still score of the day, or tournament mode. Public link is a great idea. I'd love to taunt people.
    Being able to hide games is also a cool idea for those of us that rotate games in and out. I was playing Strikes N Spares, it has 3 game modes. Would it be possible to have multiple levels of score for a game? Possibly saves for some of the secondary goals in a game, like castle champion in MM, Metallica has lots of secondary scores.

#365 6 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I just followed over on Facebook. My biggest wish list feature is still score of the day, or tournament mode. Public link is a great idea. I'd love to taunt people.
    Being able to hide games is also a cool idea for those of us that rotate games in and out. I was playing Strikes N Spares, it has 3 game modes. Would it be possible to have multiple levels of score for a game? Possibly saves for some of the secondary goals in a game, like castle champion in MM, Metallica has lots of secondary scores.

thanks for the feedback! i've suggested before that people can use multiple columns for different score modes -- like you could have a whole separate column for "Medieval Madness Castle Champion" or Ghostbusters "Super Loopin Champion" or whatever. I'm not saying those features won't come eventually, but that's one easy way to keep track of those items today.

#366 6 years ago

I think my biggest want right now is the ability to put full names (more than three letters) for the person. I had a party yesterday and people kept asking "who's AGH" or "who's CEB". Everyone at the party knows these people, but no one knows their initials.

#367 6 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

I think my biggest want right now is the ability to put full names (more than three letters) for the person. I had a party yesterday and people kept asking "who's AGH" or "who's CEB". Everyone at the party knows these people, but no one knows their initials.

Yeah my newer games (ie. Sterns), I have the high score naming set to full names, not just 3 letters, so it would be nice to mimic that in iScored.

#368 6 years ago

I second hiding games and more than 3 characters.

I'm using this at a collective, and due to the fact that we don't have a budget for a nice touchscreen, the laptop/monitor situation I've cobbled together doesn't lend itself well to easy score entry.

I had an idea that I'd do all the entries myself and just have it show the highest selfie tournament scores for those particular games each month. I think it'd be a better value as players could see what they are competing against monthly. Our greatest players pretty much dominate the high scores of all time
    This way it would have to be interactive at the club, which means I could just mount the monitor somewhere and tuck the computer away.

10 characters would be great, as I could do first name/last initial.

#369 6 years ago

Just wanted to give a shoutout for the app. I finally found a group of friends that had a great time playing pinball, and one of the draws was that they were constantly trying to beat their own scores -- and also avoid being in last place on the app. Made for a great evening, thanks!

#370 6 years ago

Exactly. I'm the only name on the machine and people who don't play it often have little chance of cracking the lowest score on the machine. This brings an entirely different aspect of the game to the occasional player. Very happy I decided to use this program.

#371 6 years ago

Just signed up!

My suggestion box ideas....

1. The ability to turn games on/off from being visible in the gameroom.
    2. Some kind of tournament mode to choose machines from your gameroom with blank scores. Maybe an option to save the event or store a screen capture of the said event.

#372 6 years ago

Getting ready to buy this and run on a 19” lcd.

What is the better way to set this up? Raspberry pi or iPad via Apple TV?

#373 6 years ago

I want to say I love the program, or more like my friends like the program. Now they get to put their initials onto something, as it's not my machine's actual high scores they are getting

#374 6 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Getting ready to buy this and run on a 19” lcd.
    What is the better way to set this up? Raspberry pi or iPad via Apple TV?

i don't know anything about Apple TV ... maybe someone else could chime in? I know Raspberry Pi 3 works, but it can be tricky to get certain touchscreen monitors recognized with it.

#375 6 years ago

This may have been answered somewhere, but I'm struggling when in full screen mode on a tablet. When in the non-full screen mode it scales perfectly with the mobile settings, but when I switch to full screen mode everything looks super zoomed in in my tablet. Does anyone know a solution to this?

#376 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

This may have been answered somewhere, but I'm struggling when in full screen mode on a tablet. When in the non-full screen mode it scales perfectly with the mobile settings, but when I switch to full screen mode everything looks super zoomed in in my tablet. Does anyone know a solution to this?

unfortunately, some tablets choose to ignore the viewport scale factor when they go to fullscreen mode (Chromium is currently doing this, and it's driving developers crazy). however, having said that, there may be some magic incantation i can do on the UI side to get it to work. i will have to investigate.

#377 6 years ago
    Quoted from simplykind:

Just signed up!
    My suggestion box ideas....
    1. The ability to turn games on/off from being visible in the gameroom.
    2. Some kind of tournament mode to choose machines from your gameroom with blank scores. Maybe an option to save the event or store a screen capture of the said event.

thanks for your suggestions! #1 is already on the to-do list. Mosre robust tournament support is also a frequently-requested feature, and it will probably happen someday too.

#378 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

i don't know anything about Apple TV ... maybe someone else could chime in? I know Raspberry Pi 3 works, but it can be tricky to get certain touchscreen monitors recognized with it.

The Apple TV just allows mirroring from your iPad. So you would type your scores etc... in on iPad but displayed on tv.

It isn't a touchscreen tv that I would be using so I wasn't sure how the raspberry would work as far as entering scores. I'm assuming you would need to hook up a keyboard to interact with app?

#379 6 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

The Apple TV just allows mirroring from your iPad. So you would type your scores etc... in on iPad but displayed on tv.
    It isn't a touchscreen tv that I would be using so I wasn't sure how the raspberry would work as far as entering scores. I'm assuming you would need to hook up a keyboard to interact with app?

right. you'd have to have a keyboard/mouse under the TV. But on the plus side, you should have no trouble getting that monitor to work.

#380 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

right. you'd have to have a keyboard/mouse under the TV. But on the plus side, you should have no trouble getting that monitor to work.

No trouble with the raspberry you mean?

Is it possible to use a wireless keyboard with a raspberry? I hate having wires all over the place junking it up!

#381 6 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

No trouble with the raspberry you mean?
    Is it possible to use a wireless keyboard with a raspberry? I hate having wires all over the place junking it up!

right. and yeah, you can use wireless. RPi3 has built-in Bluetooth, and 4 USB ports (if your keyboard/mouse has a dongle).

#382 6 years ago
    #383 6 years ago

Anyone using any Apple devices to mirror to a tv that can comment on how well it works?

Specifically can an Apple TV be used in conjunction with Apple wireless keyboard or will I still need to use the iPad as well?

I got all this stuff already and am just trying to determine how best to use it.

#384 6 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone using any Apple devices to mirror to a tv that can comment on how well it works?
    Specifically can an Apple TV be used in conjunction with Apple wireless keyboard or will I still need to use the iPad as well?
    I got all this stuff already and am just trying to determine how best to use it.

There’s no web browser for appletv. So unless an iscored app is released to show the content via WebKit, you’re stuck with mirroring from something like an iPad.

#385 6 years ago

There's something wrong with my score display. It has the wrong initials at the top of TNA. I tried for about an hour to fix it this morning, but no luck.

Screenshot_2018-01-28-15-47-22 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-01-28-15-47-22 (resized).png

In case it's not obvious, PEZ and a bunch of other friends visited last night, and he vandalized my high scores list.

#386 6 years ago

what an awesome collection, herg, and what an awesome game. thanks for the invite!

#387 6 years ago

Hoping someone can help as I'm stuck getting this working.

Decided to go with the raspberry pi 3 and have it all setup with tv and wireless keyboard/mouse.

Where I'm having an issue is getting to a browser to somehow to launch iscored. The pi3 is currently set to auto boot to retropie which has all the retro arcade games. The is a config menu in there but it is a bit over my head on what to do.

Anyone able to walk me through getting this working?

#388 6 years ago

Do you plan to use Retropie on it, or could you install Raspbian or Ubuntu instead?

#389 6 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Do you plan to use Retropie on it, or could you install Raspbian or Ubuntu instead?

If I'm looking at this correctly, raspbian is on it however the retropie is over it. I think. There are menus in retropie that I can make a change to boot differently like ssh, desktop and a few others but I've never messed with one of these before.

Ideally I want to keep retropie so people can play the arcades but I also would like to be able to get to iscored easily as well.

For now I am going to use the keyboard/mouse with my led tv but if I don't like the interaction may swap it to a touchscreen. Won't be able to decide until I get it running though, lol.

#390 6 years ago

I believe that is true, and you can add a browser, then link it into Emulation Station, but that sounds like a lot of work to me. If that's what you want, I'd recommend checking Retropie forums since you'll likely find more information there. Maybe you'll get lucky here, but there's nothing iScored specific about what you want to do.

#391 6 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

There's something wrong with my score display. It has the wrong initials at the top of TNA. I tried for about an hour to fix it this morning, but no luck.

In case it's not obvious, PEZ and a bunch of other friends visited last night, and he vandalized my high scores list.

Finally fixed this last night.

Screenshot_2018-02-01-05-57-00 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-02-01-05-57-00 (resized).png

#392 6 years ago

When your toggled into full screen how do you scroll down? I only can see top three scores.

#393 6 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

When your toggled into full screen how do you scroll down? I only can see top three scores.

Hmm, you should be able to scroll with your finger? What are you using?

#394 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Hmm, you should be able to scroll with your finger? What are you using?

Using a 32" tv for the display and the app is running on a rpi3 with a apple wireless mouse. Everything works flawless just can't figure out how the hell to scroll down the list.

Only other thing that seems odd is I can't fit more than 5 games horizontally or 3 scores vertically even though I'm using a 32" tv and this is when toggled to full screen.

Edit - also have a Apple wireless keyboard setup too but haven't determined the command to scroll via that either.

#395 6 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Using a 32" tv for the display and the app is running on a rpi3 with a apple wireless mouse. Everything works flawless just can't figure out how the hell to scroll down the list.
    Only other thing that seems odd is I can't fit more than 5 games horizontally or 3 scores vertically even though I'm using a 32" tv and this is when toggled to full screen.
    Edit - also have a Apple wireless keyboard setup too but haven't determined the command to scroll via that either.

If you're not using a touchscreen, the only way I know to scroll a column is using a scroll wheel on a mouse. The right edge of the trackpad on my laptop also works since that is essentially a scroll wheel. pezpunk might be able to tell you if any other methods work.

#396 6 years ago

Oh right. With a mouse, you have to use the mouse wheel. Perhaps clicking in a column and pushing the down arrow might work too? I’ll check.

Maybe I should add an option to show the scroll bars.

#397 6 years ago

Thank Pezpunk, finally ..I take the time to sign up Great add for the Gameroom.

#398 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Oh right. With a mouse, you have to use the mouse wheel. Perhaps clicking in a column and pushing the down arrow might work too? I’ll check.
    Maybe I should add an option to show the scroll bars.

Scroll bar option might be a good idea. I’m using the Apple Magic Mouse so no scroll wheel.

I’m able to click and use down arrow on key board but it’s kind of a pain because you need to reverse everything to get back to normal position.

The screen scans back and forth, any possibility of adding a vertical scan?

#399 6 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I’m using the Apple Magic Mouse so no scroll wheel.

As a Mac user, I should point out that the entire top surface of the Magic Mouse is a scroll wheel. Actually more like a virtual trackball, because it allows you to scroll up, down, left or right just by moving your finger in any direction across the surface which is touch sensitive. However, as I am ignorant of the OS on a rpi3, is it possible that the mouse drivers don’t support these functions?

#400 6 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Scroll bar option might be a good idea. I’m using the Apple Magic Mouse so no scroll wheel.
    I’m able to click and use down arrow on key board but it’s kind of a pain because you need to reverse everything to get back to normal position.
    The screen scans back and forth, any possibility of adding a vertical scan?

hmmm, good idea ... i actually wrote that in originally, but it looked wonky and made the animation choppy on certain devices. but i suppose i could add it as a user-configurable option. on the list it goes. (i'm really sorry for the lack of updates since the Community release - i've been buried at work)

PS - added the lack of scroll ability on mac to the bug list, which means it will get dealt with sooner.

There are 723 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-iscored-the-game-room-score-tracking-app/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.