(Topic ID: 197845)

Announcing iScored: The Game Room Score Tracking App!

By pezpunk

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM (resized).png
    IMG_4921 (resized).jpg
    Stern-Pinball-Card-QR-Code.jpg
    IMG_7270 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.16.57 PM.png
    5f94192c9400a2739aba6b05e5217f598504e795 (resized).jpg
    7eed67ceda0d71afccb131436cdd03a1b039b475 (resized).jpg
    15865403738562106390691495311667 (resized).jpg
    15865400508534113908964395568461 (resized).jpg
    20200202_162036 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).JPG
    Screenshot from 2019-07-29 13-37-16 (resized).png
    iScored (resized).JPG
    Beatles Iscored theme (resized).png
    There are 723 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.
    #301 6 years ago

Yeah, one friend from Colorado was pretty into The Shadow. He played for about 30 minutes exclusively on that game. He entered his score, but probably won't be back to play for another year. My MAME machine is now setup to keep high scores, so a lot of people were playing those games. In her first attempt my wife crushed all of my Track & Field records. I'm by no means an expert, but to see here beat everything having never played before just seemed odd. I had another friend take down my Ms. Pacman record. It's going to take awhile to beat that one. He cleared the first 4-5 boards on his first life.

#302 6 years ago

I started using this program a couple of weeks ago. I wanted a dedicated screen that I could put on the wall with access to this program and music (pandora, personal collection, type of a jukebox idea). First; my wife and kids love that they know their high scores and what to play against. I love when they beat their (not my) high score and they go over and put it into the screen. Second; because I wanted a dedicated screen for the game room I went and bought a cheap 11" Insignia tablet from best buy. I think it cost around $130 with tax then we bought a nice wall mount from amazon to go with it. For about $170 we had it on the wall with access to the iScored program and Pandora. It certainly is not the best setup, but it was fairly inexpensive and now easy to use iScored. Here are links to what we bought.

Tablet: Price is different then what I paid now that we are past the holidays.
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-11-6-tablet-32gb-with-keyboard-black/5852813.p?skuId=5852813&cmp=RMX&extStoreId=1183&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=2835eeb9-4273-4958-b349-95bdf9292fa6&ksprof_id=12&ksaffcode=pg237413&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2

Wall Mount: I think we paid $40 for this, but it might have been $50. I cant remember.
    https://www.amazon.com/Vogels-Tablet-Mount-Universal-Adjustable/dp/B00L435LKG/ref=sr_1_19

I'll post a picture of how it looks on my wall. The nice thing is you can rotate the tablet on the mount, but it is still really close to the wall. Also you get 2 wall mounts with the purchase, so we have one centralized location and one location we use to charge the tablet.

Edit: I've also started to keep track of Poker wins using this program. I'm really enjoying it, Thanks.

#303 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

It's finally here!!!
    Yes, it took forever. I've been crushed at work, and I had an absolutely absurd number of hardware failures that were conspiring to prevent this thing from ever being a reality, but I think I can finally open it up.
    Community Styles are live now! I'm pretty excited ... I think this will be a really useful feature.

There is a new section, titled "Community" (Circled in red in the screenshot above).

Clicking that will open up the main Community page, where you can browse for styles shared by other users. Clicking on a style will load it in the preview pane. Then you can either create a new game in your game room with that style, or add that style to an existing game in your game room, using the buttons circled in the screenshot above.

And finally, you can manage the styles that you personally have created. You can share, unshare, or delete them (an edit function is coming).

To share a style, just select a game from your game room, and click the "share" button circled in the screenshot above. You'll be given the opportunity to give it a title and a description:

Known Issues:
    - There aren't very many styles shared right now! Please change that!
    - The "styles" dropdowns on the Settings screen is somewhat obsolete at this point. Once we get lots of styles loaded by the community, I will change that functionality to integrate better with the Community Styles.
    - This is basically a public beta test. I'm sure you guys will find some bugs initially. Just let me know when you do, and I thank you for your patience!!!
    I really want to give a huge thank you to everyone who has signed up for iScored! I am glad you guys seem to find it useful and fun!

Nice work, PEZ,
    I'm uploading some of mine right now. I'm not real good at the CSS stuff, but I'm finding help in order to get some ok looking stuff shared!
    Is there a regular font selector/color/shadow/size UI type thing in the works or planned for this? I think that would be ideal and save a lot of mussing about.
    Thanks!

#304 6 years ago

This is not a feature that is needed for anything other than my competitive nature, but is there any way to show the number of times a game style as been used from the community? It would also be nice to know which style is used more while looking for one you want to use as I imagine this list in the community section is going to get quite large. You have made it extremely easy to upload a style.

#305 6 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

This is not a feature that is needed for anything other than my competitive nature, but is there any way to show the number of times a game style as been used from the community? It would also be nice to know which style is used more while looking for one you want to use as I imagine this list in the community section is going to get quite large. You have made it extremely easy to upload a style.

metrics like number of times applied, and upvotes are supported in the database. They can be enabled if there's enough usage to warrant it!

#306 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

metrics like number of times applied, and upvotes are supported in the database. They can be enabled if there's enough usage to warrant it!

Very cool!! You have my vote.

#307 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Nice work, PEZ,
    I'm uploading some of mine right now. I'm not real good at the CSS stuff, but I'm finding help in order to get some ok looking stuff shared!
    Is there a regular font selector/color/shadow/size UI type thing in the works or planned for this? I think that would be ideal and save a lot of mussing about.
    Thanks!

That certainly would be nice. I don't want the UI to get too cluttered, though .. a WYSIWYG HTML tool rendered IN HTML ... well, i'm sure it exists, but i doubt it's very pretty or compact. I'll look into it, though. I totally get where you're coming from. Hand-modifying CSS to pick fonts and shadows is ridiculously tedious.

#308 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Nice work, PEZ,
    Thanks!

I love your Mousin' Around design! Also, Pugsley uploaded animated versions of TZ and Whirlwind that are really awesome.

#309 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Pugsley uploaded animated versions of TZ and Whirlwind that are really awesome.

I saw this one and that is why I thought about the number of uses. I figure that TZ would be used a lot.

#310 6 years ago

I've uploaded a few of mine. Is there any way to edit your own, or do you have to re-upload and delete the original? I was planning on adding more detail notes, but I didn't find a way to edit.

#311 6 years ago

Purchased.

Looking forward to giving this a spin!
    -- Tom

#312 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I've uploaded a few of mine. Is there any way to edit your own, or do you have to re-upload and delete the original? I was planning on adding more detail notes, but I didn't find a way to edit.

Not currently, but there will be soon.

#313 6 years ago

Cool, I just wanted to share this Dracula background here too. Would take a pretty big screen to show off all it's subtlety, but it's meant to be a gravestone background with scenes from the movie poster in the background.

Dracula (resized).jpgDracula (resized).jpg

#314 6 years ago

...or we could do a bloody edition.

Dracula w Blood (resized).pngDracula w Blood (resized).png

#316 6 years ago

Added some of mine too! Great option to be able to share and evolve these designs

#317 6 years ago

I shared a few. Some were just pics from the dropbox share that I used. Not my original designs, but no one has posted them yet. A couple others are just quick ones I made as a placeholder but better than nothing. How do you feel about arcade games mixed in?

#318 6 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I shared a few. Some were just pics from the dropbox share that I used. Not my original designs, but no one has posted them yet. A couple others are just quick ones I made as a placeholder but better than nothing. How do you feel about arcade games mixed in?

I added a “poker wins” style. I would think arcade games would be okay.

#319 6 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

Please do add arcade games! I know there are people using iScored for their vids.

#320 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Please do add arcade games! I know there are people using iScored for their vids.

I've got Asteroids in there, I'll be adding Asteroids Deluxe, Turbo, Pole Position, and Zaxxon. Maybe a couple of others.

#321 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I put DK and DK2 in there.

#322 6 years ago

Are the dates intended to be when a style was added to the database? I was hoping to be able to sort by date once in a while to see the newest ones, but all of them say 2018-01-03 now.

#323 6 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Are the dates intended to be when a style was added to the database? I was hoping to be able to sort by date once in a while to see the newest ones, but all of them say 2018-01-03 now.

hah yes they are, but there is a bug where i used a reserved word for a variable name .... this will be fixed soon.

#324 6 years ago

Hey Pez,
    I'm doing The Simpsons Pinball Party.. Have already uploaded V1. I think it needs Comic Sans for the score. Can you add it to the font database?

#325 6 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

I can't find a way to directly apply a private style that isn't shared.

Quoted from tamoore:

Hey Pez,
    I'm doing The Simpsons Pinball Party.. Have already uploaded V1. I think it needs Comic Sans for the score. Can you add it to the font database?

Quoted from herg:

Some minor bug fixes are live:
    - Fixed an issue where you couldn't apply your own unshared styles to your own games. (the create and apply buttons will remain visible for both tabs now).
    - Added two new fonts -- ActionMan and ComicRelief. One or the other should work for you, @tamoore.
    - Fixed an issue with the dates on the Community page showing the current date instead of the style's creation date.
    - Added code to prevent caching of javascripts and stylesheets.

#326 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

- Added two new fonts -- ActionMan and ComicRelief. One or the other should work for you, tamoore.

Thanks! TSPP is updated.

#327 6 years ago

Is there a way to increase the number of letters for the initials? I would like to also be able to add a persons first or last name instead of their initials. Say instead of my wife having her initials I could just put her name (which is longer than 3 letters) in the program. I feel like I'm nitpicking a great product. If this is the case feel free to tell me to shut up.

#328 6 years ago

One more small issue. I can go into Community and either create a new game or overwrite an existing one without it requiring me to re-enter the password like settings does.

#329 6 years ago

Hey guys, please check out my new animated background for Bram Stoker's Dracula. It's my first attempt to create a gif. Despite only being seven frames it's a pretty decent proof of concept. I'm excited to see what other backgrounds I'll be able to create.

#330 6 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

One more small issue. I can go into Community and either create a new game or overwrite an existing one without it requiring me to re-enter the password like settings does.

added to the bug list. forgot to include the lockdown code. (i guess that outs me as someone who doesn't use that setting! )

Quoted from Monk:

Is there a way to increase the number of letters for the initials? I would like to also be able to add a persons first or last name instead of their initials. Say instead of my wife having her initials I could just put her name (which is longer than 3 letters) in the program. I feel like I'm nitpicking a great product. If this is the case feel free to tell me to shut up.

it's on the list of future enhancements. prepare your arguments now for the upcoming feature battle royale where competing features will do battle for priority on my to do-do list!

Quoted from lpeters82:

Hey guys, please check out my new animated background for Bram Stoker's Dracula. It's my first attempt to create a gif. Despite only being seven frames it's a pretty decent proof of concept. I'm excited to see what other backgrounds I'll be able to create.

looks pretty cool! i really like the animated ones, but i'm kind of a sucker for bling and glitz.

#331 6 years ago
    Quoted from ScottyC:

Maybe I missed it but is there a public link which can be shared without giving the ability to update scores?
    Really Really loving this!

I second this ^

I would love to be able to have a link available to display my Game Room high scores, that way someone knows when I’ve crushed their score and they need to come back to try harder.

I really hope a public URL to display scores is possible in the future.

We will be implementing the iScored app at Monterey Flipper Pinball, debuting tonight! I love the app. Thank you!

#332 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

I second this ^
    I would love to be able to have a link available to display my Game Room high scores, that way someone knows when I’ve crushed their score and they need to come back to try harder.
    I really hope a public URL to display scores is possible in the future.
    We will be implementing the iScored app at Monterey Flipper Pinball, debuting tonight! I love the app. Thank you!

dang pulling a quote from PAGE ONE. and it's a great idea! dunno how it slipped by. Definitely going on the list.

also, so glad you like and use the app!! i'd love to see a photo of your setup in use. (that goes for everyone)

#333 6 years ago

Here's a question/request. I know the edit button can be password protected to prevent people from changing settings... but can it also be hidden? If it were unseen, and could be activated by touching/clicking where it would be, that would be and look great. Really having fun setting this up.

#334 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Here's a question/request. I know the edit button can be password protected to prevent people from changing settings... but can it also be hidden? If it were unseen, and could be activated by touching/clicking where it would be, that would be and look great. Really having fun setting this up.

okay, that's on the list. glad you're having fun!

#335 6 years ago

Tamoore.. Just saw your version of WW and I like it. It is now what I am using. Thanks

#336 6 years ago

The animated WW background is definitely cool. Is there any chance you have a wider version of it so that it doesn't tile on the score entry dialog?

#337 6 years ago

Maybe pezpunk could simply remove the background image from the score entry screen. Just display the header and entry information.

#338 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Maybe pezpunk could simply remove the background image from the score entry screen. Just display the header and entry information.

Or maybe stretch the image to fit the entry dialog?

#339 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Or maybe stretch the image to fit the entry dialog?

How do you change the size of the picture?

#340 6 years ago

Here’s a couple of pictures of my setup. As I said before, not the best but it works nicely for us.

FF5A38AA-F054-471F-B039-A7A24874F869 (resized).jpegFF5A38AA-F054-471F-B039-A7A24874F869 (resized).jpeg

1A3F10D0-B13E-4745-B438-B00085FA2A0D (resized).jpeg1A3F10D0-B13E-4745-B438-B00085FA2A0D (resized).jpeg

#341 6 years ago

Still looking for info on getting a Rasberry Pie computer to recognize my Acer touchscreen.

#342 6 years ago

Getting my setup in place.
    I'm running a Touch Jet on a 55" screen.

20180103_210758[1] (resized).jpg20180103_210758[1] (resized).jpg

20180103_210541[1] (resized).jpg20180103_210541[1] (resized).jpg

#343 6 years ago

And I feel inadequate...

#344 6 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

The animated WW background is definitely cool. Is there any chance you have a wider version of it so that it doesn't tile on the score entry dialog?

You mean taller? The original is 350 × 550. No its just some picture I found on the net that in my opinion fit the theme of Whirlwind.

#345 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

You mean taller? The original is 350 × 550. No its just some picture I found on the net that in my opinion fit the theme of Whirlwind.

No, I do mean wider. When you are entering a score, it doesn't fill the screen. I did a quick search and found the original, and like you said, it's only 350 (or so) wide. Too bad, because it's really cool.

#346 6 years ago

I tried to get an animated gif of the grid for tron. There are a lot of these to find via google, but what program can i use to get the height right. Most of these gifs are wide screen. I would like to crop them about 265 pixels wide and 1000 pixels high to get a good fit on a HD monitor.

#347 6 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Still looking for info on getting a Rasberry Pie computer to recognize my Acer touchscreen.

i'll PM you after the kids are off to school.

Quoted from PeterG:

I tried to get an animated gif of the grid for tron. There are a lot of these to find via google, but what program can i use to get the height right. Most of these gifs are wide screen. I would like to crop them about 265 pixels wide and 1000 pixels high to get a good fit on a HD monitor.

note that iScored ignores any images over 2 MB ... so if you make a gif, make sure it's below that in size.

Quoted from MadPole:

Getting my setup in place.
    I'm running a Touch Jet on a 55" screen.

awesome!! how do you like the touchjet? is it precise and responsive enough?

#348 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

awesome!! how do you like the touchjet? is it precise and responsive enough?

There's about a 5 minute learning curve to get used to how it responds. It's more than accurate enough to do everything IScored needs.

And it's pretty ef'ing cool.

#349 6 years ago

I'll have two running in my arcade.. one at the bar running on a PC with a 24" touch screen, and one on the other side of the arcade running kiosk style on a 22" touch screen with a stick PC.

#350 6 years ago

i created styles for Dialed In! and The Addams Family. Nothing awesome, but for Dialed In! I added a new graphic people can use for score box backgrounds (like Indy 500 and Medieval Madness). I'd like to eventually work my way through the Pinside top 100 for games that other people haven't covered yet, but I only have time to do one or two a day at most. I say "ok i'm just gonna whip one up real quick" and then 30 minutes later i'm still fiddling around with font shadows...

There are 723 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-iscored-the-game-room-score-tracking-app/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.