(Topic ID: 197845)

Announcing iScored: The Game Room Score Tracking App!

By pezpunk

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM (resized).png
    IMG_4921 (resized).jpg
    Stern-Pinball-Card-QR-Code.jpg
    IMG_7270 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.16.57 PM.png
    5f94192c9400a2739aba6b05e5217f598504e795 (resized).jpg
    7eed67ceda0d71afccb131436cdd03a1b039b475 (resized).jpg
    15865403738562106390691495311667 (resized).jpg
    15865400508534113908964395568461 (resized).jpg
    20200202_162036 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).JPG
    Screenshot from 2019-07-29 13-37-16 (resized).png
    iScored (resized).JPG
    Beatles Iscored theme (resized).png
    There are 723 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.
    #201 6 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Found a pretty good deal on a 19.5 led touchscreen, how many columns can fit a screen this size?

depends on the resolution. if it's 1080p (1920x1080), then about 7. you can also "zoom out" with the browser to fit more.

#202 6 years ago

hey FYI i just realized there was a problem with my email account -- if I haven't responded to an email you sent, I apologize. the problem is now resolved.

#203 6 years ago

Will it be possible in future releases to add your own style and save it ? makes it easier to apply to all your games without the need to copy paste all css code to each game

#204 6 years ago
    Quoted from KLR2014:

Will it be possible in future releases to add your own style and save it ? makes it easier to apply to all your games without the need to copy paste all css code to each game

yes! and soon!

#205 6 years ago

I understand why you designed iScored to only save one score for each set of initials per game but what if you could add more scores for a given persons initials but only their top score was shown. When you click on their initials to add a new score for a given game you could add a link in the box to see all that persons added scores from best to worst. Just a thought.

My family is loving the app for WOZ and our arcades!!!

#206 6 years ago

that's a neat suggestion. i'll add it to the list. glad you're enjoying it!

#207 6 years ago

Im finding it to not be scrolling on a chromebook all of a sudden - any ideas?

#208 6 years ago

Or it will scroll all the way one way and then stop

#209 6 years ago

Anyone got recommendation on a cheap touch screen monitor to get?

#210 6 years ago

Is the 'Enable On-Screen Keyboards' option shown in the screenshot an old feature or one coming up? I'm currently getting the site's keyboard and my iPad's keyboard both showing up when entering a score.

#211 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zzap:

Is the 'Enable On-Screen Keyboards' option shown in the screenshot an old feature or one coming up? I'm currently getting the site's keyboard and my iPad's keyboard both showing up when entering a score.

Its in settings

#212 6 years ago

You know you spent too much time with the iScorded app when a Michelob light commercial reminds you of the Track&Field and Tapper backgrounds

IMG_3474 (resized).JPGIMG_3474 (resized).JPG

#213 6 years ago
    Quoted from xbmanx:

Its in settings

Not in mine (small screenshot in my phone, but same on my pc in Firefox)

IMG_3509 (resized).PNGIMG_3509 (resized).PNG

#214 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zzap:

Not in mine (small screenshot in my phone, but same on my pc in Firefox)

Haha wtf? Sorry about that, I'll get that fixed tonight!

#215 6 years ago

Okay. The onscreen keyboards option is back. I'm working on a fix for the idle scrolling bug as well - that should be fixed soon.

#216 6 years ago

Thanks for the quick fix

#217 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Okay. The onscreen keyboards option is back. I'm working on a fix for the idle scrolling bug as well - that should be fixed soon.

Thank you

#218 6 years ago

Hey everyone! I'm working on the Community Styles feature, where you'll be able to save styles you create, and share them with other iScored users. It's taking a significant fraction of the effort to build the thing in the first place, but that's okay, it's fun.

Anyway, my question is: can anyone think of a sexier name than "Community Styles"? For some reason that title just makes me think of lame community college recruitment marketing.

communityStyles (resized).jpgcommunityStyles (resized).jpg

This is your future unless you come up with a better name.

yes folks, this is the level of support you get at 2:30am after 5 beers. Some people sleep. Some people drink. Some people drink and code.

#219 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Anyway, my question is: can anyone think of a sexier name than "Community Styles"? [...] Some people drink and code.

Shared Styles, or considering your current state let's shorten it to Shtyles. *hic!*

#220 6 years ago

You don't want my suggestions, unless you want to say it in a robot voice. BTW, sharing is caring.

#221 6 years ago

Style Contributions
    Contributed Styles
    User Generated Styles

#222 6 years ago

User templates

#223 6 years ago

User created styles
    Global styles
    Global created styles
    Contributed styles
    User shared styles
    User uploaded styles
    I love lamp

#224 6 years ago

How about just refer to it by acronym only? Like "UCS" for "User Created Styles" or "UCSS" for User CSS or whatever.

#225 6 years ago

Jumped in and giving iscored a try on the fly. Enhancement requests for pezpunk :

1) Allow user to enter/save multiple scores for same game. set = 1000
    2) Increase max number of initials that can be entered. set = 10
    3) Increase max number of games that can be setup for a gameroom. set = 100
    4) Make each gameroom a separate page and increase the max number of pages allowed. set = 50
    5) Allow Admin to delete scores for a single game without deleting setup.
    6) Filters - allow user to filter scores showing a single player’s top score on all games.
    7) Store a guest password by gameroom (or by page) that can be given to guests so that they can log into your gameroom and enter their scores. All guests use same password which Admin can change. Password to be assigned by gameroom to ensure scores are entered under correct collection.

#226 6 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Jumped in and giving iScored a try on the fly. Enhancement requests for pezpunk :
    1) Allow user to enter/save multiple scores for same game. set = 1000

Nah, then the screen would just be a huge grid of the owner's initials for every game -- same problem as the high score lists built into the games. It's basically the problem i was trying to solve with this thing. This app isn't really for one person to track a bunch of their scores on the same machine -- it is more so everyone, including casual players, can easily record, update, and compare their best scores.

2) Increase max number of initials that can be entered. set = 10

This is on the list of future enhancements, and it will get done eventually. The database and underlying code already support it. Unfortunately, there are a whole lot of tedious cosmetic issues involved that make it a bit more work than might be immediately obvious. But it'll get done.

3) Increase max number of games that can be setup for a gameroom. set = 100

There is no limit to the number of games you can set up. The screen scrolls sideways to show an unlimited number of games. If you want to fit more games on the screen, you can either zoom out using your browser's zoom settings, or on mobile devices go into the iScored options page and reduce the "mobile scaling factor".

zoomOut (resized).jpgzoomOut (resized).jpg

4) Make each gameroom a separate page and increase the max number of pages allowed. set = 50

You are free to set up as many game rooms as you like. Each one costs $19.95, though.

(if it helps, you can use the same email address for multiple user accounts)

5) Allow Admin to delete scores for a single game without deleting setup.

You can delete scores individually by entering "0" for them, but right now you can't delete ALL scores for a game with a single click. This is also on the list of future enhancements -- it would definitely be handy. It'll come eventually.

6) Filters - allow user to filter scores showing a single player’s top score on all games.

This is a neat idea that is -- again -- on the list of future enhancements already. I appreciate all of your suggestions, though, and every time someone repeats a feature request, that makes it more likely to be implemented sooner.

7) Store a guest password by gameroom (or by page) that can be given to guests so that they can log into your gameroom and enter their scores. All guests use same password which Admin can change. Password to be assigned by gameroom to ensure scores are entered under correct collection.

I am avoiding making users do anything other than walk up, click a game, and enter a score. I don't think anyone would bother using it if they had to log in or enter a password just to participate.

I've put a lot of effort into trying to make the main game room page as accessible / inviting / intuitive as possible. Yes, in theory, someone could mess up your scores on purpose, but that would be a tremendously jerkass move. No app (or pinball machine for that matter) is 100% jerkass-proof ... if you do encounter this problem, I'd suggest not inviting jerkasses to your game room.

#227 6 years ago

Setting up game rooms at work and will start drinking and entering scores once I get home.

IMG_1695.PNGIMG_1695.PNG

IMG_1698 (resized).PNGIMG_1698 (resized).PNG

#228 6 years ago

there are some really neat background images available in the dropbox that people are sharing. I think Chosen_S can add you?

1 week later
    #229 6 years ago

Purchased, I think this will work well for an upcoming Halloween Pinball party!

#230 6 years ago

Nice app @pezpunk. Let me know if you prefer feedback somewhere else.

Android (phone), Chrome Browser. With Idle Scrolling enabled swiping does not exit idle. Kind of fights you and just stutters back and forth. Tapping exits idle scrolling but also goes straight into entering a score for the game you touched. It would be nice if the first tap or swipe exited the idle scrolling state only. Then you could scroll around if the game you are entering a score for is not currently on the screen. Now you either wait for it to scroll by, or tap the screen, exit whatever you hit, then scroll to your game.

Anyway, I like it and appreciate that you are updating it frequently!

#231 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

yes!

yep, that'll work fine. Although you'll have to manually refresh the screen to see new scores.

Or wrap it in a local iframe html with an auto refresh JavaScript.

#232 6 years ago
    Quoted from twenty6point2:

Nice app pezpunk. Let me know if you prefer feedback somewhere else.
    Android (phone), Chrome Browser. With Idle Scrolling enabled swiping does not exit idle. Kind of fights you and just stutters back and forth.

Yeah, this is true on several devices. It's on the bug list. I hope I can get to it soon. Thanks for the report, and of course thanks for purchasing the app!!

Tapping exits idle scrolling but also goes straight into entering a score for the game you touched. It would be nice if the first tap or swipe exited the idle scrolling state only.

agreed.

Anyway, I like it and appreciate that you are updating it frequently!

speaking of which ... here's a teaser image:

community (resized).pngcommunity (resized).png

I hope you guys aren't tired of me promising this feature. I just thought it's been a few weeks, so I should prove I'm actually working on it. Just a few more days, I think!

#233 6 years ago

I got my new screen in and started messing around with this. My older screen was a little smaller and intended to mount flush. I used door molding to trim out the outside. I'll need to relocate the volume switch (I use this touchscreen for a jukebox) and the power button. Hopefully I can get away with the same trim idea. This monitor is not intended for flush mount but I'm trying it anyway.

Right now my biggest request would be high scores of the day view. If you could have the clock go from say 6AM instead of 12 that would prevent parties going beyond midnight from being messed up. This could make tournaments work. A reset high score of the day function would be cool too.

It would be great to see a pin golf mode as well.

Last request that is likely a stretch, any thoughts of making this work alongside Pindigo?

2017-10-06 23.04.00 (resized).jpg2017-10-06 23.04.00 (resized).jpg

#234 6 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I got my new screen in and started messing around with this. My older screen was a little smaller and intended to mount flush. I used door molding to trim out the outside. I'll need to relocate the volume switch (I use this touchscreen for a jukebox) and the power button. Hopefully I can get away with the same trim idea. This monitor is not intended for flush mount but I'm trying it anyway.
    Right now my biggest request would be high scores of the day view. If you could have the clock go from say 6AM instead of 12 that would prevent parties going beyond midnight from being messed up. This could make tournaments work. A reset high score of the day function would be cool too.
    It would be great to see a pin golf mode as well.
    Last request that is likely a stretch, any thoughts of making this work alongside Pindigo?

looks pretty cool!

Once i get Community Styles done (and a couple other highly requested items that are in progress) i'll have a feature request battle royal where you guys can vote on which features you most want to see next.

#235 6 years ago

pezpunk

Is your iscored email working? I had a friend say he had sent you email with no response.

#236 6 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

pezpunk
    Is your iscored email working? I had a friend say he had sent you email with no response.

it's working. i got back to him. i've been smothered by work and a catastrophic hard drive crash the last 2 days.

and oh yeah the whole family has strep throat too. good times!

#237 6 years ago

This is great. I bought in. Would love the ability to be able to view other user's high scores for a said machine. This would be an awesome way for live stream communities to "battle it out" in asynchronous play. Most importantly, If you could ask to only present 1 game's scores that appear on someone else's iscored community.

Just a thought as It would be neat to call up another user's high scores and set them as personal goals to beat.

CapturePDarcade (resized).PNGCapturePDarcade (resized).PNG

#238 6 years ago

It would be cool to be able to add remote "friends" to be able compete against. Have the option to be able to select between: local only, friends, or everyone.

#239 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

It would be cool to be able to add remote "friends" to be able compete against. Have the option to be able to select between: local only, friends, or everyone.

These are interesting ideas and I'll add them to the upcoming Feature Poll Battle Royal!

I know I promised Community Styles in "a few days" almost a week ago. Unfortunately, I had a minor tragedy strike. I had a hard drive crash that wiped out a lot of the progress I'd made on that feature.

The codebase is in version control, so it is safe. and obviously the website and database are backed up nightly. but my local dev machine had not been backed up for a while. About 20 hours of dev on the new feature were lost. I'm having the data recovered, but it will take a few days. I apologize for the delay, folks.

#240 6 years ago

Finally purchased. I have apparently missed quite a few posts in here but I can't see that a drop box was ever made? I see the new Community Styles function being made, but is there a drop box in the meantime?

#241 6 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

Finally purchased. I have apparently missed quite a few posts in here but I can't see that a drop box was ever made? I see the new Community Styles function being made, but is there a drop box in the meantime?

Nevermind, found the person who started the drop box and I have PMd them!

#242 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

looks pretty cool!
    Once i get Community Styles done (and a couple other highly requested items that are in progress) i'll have a feature request battle royal where you guys can vote on which features you most want to see next.

[One of the Pindigo developers here. (cheezywhiz is the other)]

Congrats on the release! We're wrapping up a new release ourselves and have a laundry list of new features to consider for the near future, but I think Pindigo integration could open up some pretty neat avenues. Feel free to PM us when you have room on your plate and find yourself interested. Cheers!

#244 6 years ago

Very nice expect that the scores have to be brought by hand in the software.
    You have to wait until the machine scores the points, so the screen or pc has to be right next to the games.
    If this would work with OCR and a iPhone it would be perfect.

Same is for every tournament software ... typing by hand is oldschool

#245 6 years ago

I would love to be able to have multiple "game rooms". I was thinking that I would like to create a scoredboard for launch party tournaments to help track scores on machines, and be something I can either present on screen, or share with a public URL. Also providing permissions for others to submit their scores would be awesome, as a way to do contests, or community challenges.

#246 6 years ago
    Quoted from Habermania:

I would love to be able to have multiple "game rooms". I was thinking that I would like to create a scoredboard for launch party tournaments to help track scores on machines, and be something I can either present on screen, or share with a public URL. Also providing permissions for others to submit their scores would be awesome, as a way to do contests, or community challenges.

My suggestion for contests, tournaments, and challenges is to create a new column for that event, and move it to the far left (using the game order tab).

Anyone can submit scores through a screen that's logged in, but it's not intended to be a phone app.

#247 6 years ago

I'll throw in another vote for "lower is best" option for scores (reverse sort option). I've seen Track and Field 100m suggested by others and I have a dart board where the lower number of darts used to reach a given target score is best.

Although on the subject of Track and Field, I guess this will also require decimal scores?

#248 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zzap:

I'll throw in another vote for "lower is best" option for scores (reverse sort option). I've seen Track and Field 100m suggested by others and I have a dart board where the lower number of darts used to reach a given target score is best.
    Although on the subject of Track and Field, I guess this will also require decimal scores?

Okay, i'll put those suggestions on the list! Every time someone re-requests something already on the list, i do note that.

By the way, I am still waiting to get my data back. Once I do, it should only be a day or two to get the community styles feature finished.

In the meantime, to tide you over, i'll reveal another Easter Egg:

If you change an existing score to zero, it deletes that score. But have you tried entering a brand new score of zero? (turn your sound on)

#249 6 years ago

Has anyone attempted this on a Smart TV web browser application?

#250 6 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

Has anyone attempted this on a Smart TV web browser application?

Yes on an 82” Samsung MU8000. Works fine except for scrolling feature. Only goes once to the side.

There are 723 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-iscored-the-game-room-score-tracking-app/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.