(Topic ID: 197845)

Announcing iScored: The Game Room Score Tracking App!

By pezpunk

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM (resized).png
    IMG_4921 (resized).jpg
    Stern-Pinball-Card-QR-Code.jpg
    IMG_7270 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.16.57 PM.png
    5f94192c9400a2739aba6b05e5217f598504e795 (resized).jpg
    7eed67ceda0d71afccb131436cdd03a1b039b475 (resized).jpg
    15865403738562106390691495311667 (resized).jpg
    15865400508534113908964395568461 (resized).jpg
    20200202_162036 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).JPG
    Screenshot from 2019-07-29 13-37-16 (resized).png
    iScored (resized).JPG
    Beatles Iscored theme (resized).png
    There are 723 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 15.
    #151 6 years ago

I'm not great at Photoshop. I added some Aerosmith files to the dropbox. If anyone actually knows what they are doing, feel free to delete them, In the meantime, they are better than nothing.

#152 6 years ago

Congrats! I truly hope this amazingly well for you

#153 6 years ago

Can someone PM me the dropbox and password? Thanks.

Also since we all put our thoughts here, I would really like a 'second' page where you have your same games/or other games but can enter different scores. In that way page 1 would just be the high scores of all people, while on page 2 you can have a tournament. Would be awesome to have like a cube on each side you have your games with scores. In that way you could also have a GC page.

#154 6 years ago

I actually got it working and sized on a Fire TV. The issue I have is closing the virtual keyboard. Once I enter my initials and then the score; but when I try to hit enter the FireTV's virtual keyboard just stays on the screen. Anyone have any ideas? Is there a way to block the on screen keyboard from loading? I'm running a Firefox browser.

PS: This is not the app's built in on screen keyboard. I know how to disable that one.

20170914_224641 (resized).jpg20170914_224641 (resized).jpg

#155 6 years ago
    Quoted from PeterG:

Can someone PM me the dropbox and password?

I'm not a dropbox guru, but I think we need your email address to share it with you. Send a PM to Chosen_S (or anyone with access for that matter) with your email address, and he'll add you.

#156 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I actually got it working and sized on a Fire TV. The issue I have is closing the virtual keyboard. Once I enter my initials and then the score; but when I try to hit enter the FireTV's virtual keyboard just stays on the screen. Anyone have any ideas? Is there a way to block the on screen keyboard from loading? I'm running a Firefox browser.
    PS: This is not the app's built in on screen keyboard. I know how to disable that one.

cant you get the firetv app for the phone and type with that?

#157 6 years ago
    Quoted from xbmanx:

cant you get the firetv app for the phone and type with that?

Yes can type with both the remote, wireless keyboard, and phone; it's just that once I'm done typing the FireTV on screen keyboard stays up on the screen. I think the scores are going up, it just doesn't seem tell the FireTV to close the keyboard.

Also, I've also just noticed that the score boxes are being cutoff on the right hand side of the screen. Perhaps this is an issue with how I'm adjusting the resolution. I'm using Firefox because they have a setting to adjust the default zoom in their about:config settings: layout.css.devPixelsPerPx. That seemed to be a great way of customizing the size; but something seems off with the sizing of those boxes.

EDIT: If I can solve the keyboard issue, I could probably just add transparency to the score box backgrounds to make them look like they aren't stretching to the end. Things would be a bit off center, but I don't know if I'd even notice it.

#158 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Yes can type with both the remote, wireless keyboard, and phone; it's just that once I'm done typing the keyboard stays up on the screen. Also, I've also just noticed that the score boxes are being cutoff on the right hand side of the screen. Perhaps this is an issue with how I'm adjusting the resolution. I'm using Firefox because they have a setting to adjust the default zoom in their about:config settings: layout.css.devPixelsPerPx. That seemed to be a great way of customizing the size; but something seems off with the sizing of those boxes.

ahh that sucks - could it be the browser app your using on the stick?

#159 6 years ago

The score display cutoff might just be an issue with Firefox. It's cuts off on my Nexus too, even with no zoom. It's a shame because the ability to control the zoom is a useful trick within Firefox. I wonder if it wouldn't be better to just always display X games on the screen, versus messing with resolutions.

#160 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Your setup is what I'm trying to do on my 32" Samsung. Seeing your setup makes me want the webapp to have a zoom out feature. It looks like you'll only be able to get 5 high scores per game in there before it cuts off at the bottom. I'd like to get 9 or 10 in there.

#161 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fifty:

Your setup is what I'm trying to do on my 32" Samsung. Seeing your setup makes me want the webapp to have a zoom out feature. It looks like you'll only be able to get 5 high scores per game in there before it cuts off at the bottom. I'd like to get 9 or 10 in there.

9 or 10 is a lot of vertical space. It took me quite a bit of work to be able to fit five. I think your images would need to be 3000-4000px or perhaps just use a simpler pattern. Who knows this is all quite new, perhaps in the future we'll be able to shrink down the score boxes.

#162 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

9 or 10 is a lot of vertical space. It took me quite a bit of work to be able to fit five. I think your images would need to be 3000-4000px or perhaps just use a simpler pattern. Who knows this is all quite new, perhaps in the future we'll be able to shrink down the score boxes.

actually, you can make the scorebox as small as you want:

smallScoreBox (resized).jpgsmallScoreBox (resized).jpg

The above is using this for the Scorebox CSS:

height:70px; max-height: 70px; min-height: 70px;

(and of course i made the score and initials fonts smaller to match)

There is utterly no way i can cater to everyone's preferences layout-wise, and there's no way i can add UI elements for every aspect of HTML layout and markup. That's why I included the ability for people to edit the CSS directly.

#163 6 years ago

The future is now! I'll probably make smaller score boxes. I can share that "recipe" when they are done.

PS: I hope you don't take any of this as criticism. The app is awesome, truly. I'm just trying to find ways to manipulate it in ways it probably wasn't designed to be manipulated, for a device which I'm sure it was never designed to be on.

EDIT: I just did a clean install of my Nexus and now it looks great now on Chrome. Not sure what the issue was before; but I'm very happy with how it looks now. My plan will be to used the Nexus as my score entering device with the option of mirroring that to non-touch screen TV.

#164 6 years ago

Has anyone removed their banner? If I set the size to zero it's gone, but there is a grey box added to the bottom of the screen.

#165 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Has anyone removed their banner? If I set the size to zero it's gone, but there is a grey box added to the bottom of the screen.

yeahhh unfortunately the container for the games expects the banner to be there... a future version will probably support removing the banner entirely.

#166 6 years ago

Looks great!

Here's some info for dropping the some of the web UI elements in iOS to make it feel more native - just requires a few tags to be added to the page, and the page shortcut to be saved as an icon to the home screen.

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/AppleApplications/Reference/SafariWebContent/ConfiguringWebApplications/ConfiguringWebApplications.html

#167 6 years ago

I'm in. Great idea. Just got to get it configured. It's working on the Samsung browser on my 82". Might be overkill.

#168 6 years ago

I like the scrolling function - is there a way to get it to scroll back. Mine scrolls right once then sits.

#169 6 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

I like the scrolling function - is there a way to get it to scroll back. Mine scrolls right once then sits.

it should sit for 10 seconds or so, then head back the other way.

#170 6 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

I'm in. Great idea. Just got to get it configured. It's working on the Samsung browser on my 82". Might be overkill.

I wasn't able to get it to work on my 32" samsung using the built in browser. Did you just buy your tv? Mine is from March 2017.

#171 6 years ago

Bought it this Aug. It works but as previously stated the scrolling function only works one direction.

Is having more characters then 3 initials an option? My games are set on the 10 character option.

#172 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fifty:

I wasn't able to get it to work on my 32" samsung using the built in browser. Did you just buy your tv? Mine is from March 2017.

I think your best bet is to get it working on another device and streaming it to your TV.

#173 6 years ago

Hey folks! it's been about a week since I launched iScored. I have some cool updates coming soon, but in the meantime i want to reveal one of several Easter Eggs in the app: try entering "MOO" as your initials!

#175 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Hey folks! it's been about a week since I launched iScored. I have some cool updates coming soon, but in the meantime i want to reveal one of several Easter Eggs in the app: try entering "MOO" as your initials!

did nothing for me

#177 6 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

« Spoiler! Click to reveal.Make sure you have speakers and that the volume is turned up. »

ahh i get it - didnt have that

#178 6 years ago

Hey everyone,

Just added a new feature -- you can now lock the settings screen. Your password is required to unlock it. This way, guests or patrons can't mess with your settings.

locked (resized).jpglocked (resized).jpg

autolock (resized).jpgautolock (resized).jpg

(also fixed a few minor bugs)

More stuff coming soon!

#179 6 years ago
    Quoted from xbmanx:

ahh i get it - didnt have that

That's funny that when you quote me, the spoiler is expanded. Pinside bug!

#180 6 years ago

I shared this with a group outside of pinball. Several seemed interested, but they were worried about the $20 cost. If you feel it's worthwhile they suggested creating a free trial version that limits the number of scores that can be entered. No idea if that's going to be worth it to you, but I figured I'd share their feedback.

#181 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I shared this with a group outside of pinball. Several seemed interested, but they were worried about the $20 cost. If you feel it's worthwhile they suggested creating a free trial version that limits the number of scores that can be entered. No idea if that's going to be worth it to you, but I figured I'd share their feedback.

It's hard to imagine covering costs at a $10 price point, and i don't like the idea of selling a crippled version anyway.

At this stage, i'm going to spend my development time improving the current product and supporting my existing customers. Hopefully, eventually, iScored will get to a point where the people you mention do see $20 of value in the product. In the meantime, I'm pleased with the number of you who apparently already do! (thanks everybody!)

#182 6 years ago

No worries, I just mentioned it on another gaming site and that was the feedback. I'm enjoying it.

#183 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

No worries, I just mentioned it on another gaming site and that was the feedback. I'm enjoying it.

those people should stop playing games and get a job if they can't afford $20

#184 6 years ago

I don't think they were concerned about the price. They just wanted the ability to test it to see if it was something that would work form them before paying. Here is a link to that thread:

https://gametz.com/General/arcade-high-score-new-application--576927.html#new

#185 6 years ago

Can I run this off of a Andriod box/Fire Stick plugged into a touchscreen hanging on my wall eliminating a PC/tablet/phone?

#186 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't think they were concerned about the price. They just wanted the ability to test it to see if it was something that would work form them before paying. Here is a link to that thread:

you may also let the other gamers on the forum know that they can fully customize the games that are tracked and include pretty much anything, and not just pinball and arcade games

I plan to use it for a few other things as well

#187 6 years ago

Yeah, I posted "While it's designed for pinball and arcade I'm sure you could use it for other video games if you wanted." in my original posting. I think there are several video games that could work.

#188 6 years ago

Personally, I'm able to look at a video of it and know it's worth the money. For those on the fence, perhaps an offer to refund the purchase price within a short period if they're unsatisfied.

#189 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

ah -- well, a usable demo (where your modifications and scores aren't permanently saved - just displayed for that session) is definitely on my to-do list, but it's going to come after Community Styles.

Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Can I run this off of a Andriod box/Fire Stick plugged into a touchscreen hanging on my wall eliminating a PC/tablet/phone?

I don't think the Fire Stick or Fire Box have a USB port (other than the microUSB for power) -- so therefore they won't work with a touchscreen. touchscreens require an HDMI port for the video data, and a USB connection to transmit the touch data.

I'm using this Lenovo stick PC ($100) and it's powering my 1080p touchscreen perfectly:
    https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Ideacentre-Stick-Computer-90F20000US/dp/B01G729CQW

Quoted from herg:

Personally, I'm able to look at a video of it and know it's worth the money. For those on the fence, perhaps an offer to refund the purchase price within a short period if they're unsatisfied.

thanks!

i haven't had any requests for a refund yet, but I would certainly honor any within say 30 days or so. I guess I should note that on the website. Never occurred to me, to be honest.

#190 6 years ago

The FireTV box has a USB port. I use a wireless keyboard and mouse on mine; but I had issues where the on screen keyboard of the FireTV would not close when you hit enter after entering your high score. I did quite a bit of testing with it; but I did not find it to be a good choice for this application.

#191 6 years ago

pez, a few people have large collections (10+). Is there a reasonable number of games that fit across the screen and are big enough to read? Let's say that number is 10, can you create and open multiple pages? That would allow someone with 30 games to create 3 pages and he could toggle between them. To that end, it would be nice to be able to create a new setup on the fly, if you were visiting somewhere and wanted to build and save a score card. Maybe it is a simple matter of saving different files, but if not consider this a request to implement.

#192 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

i haven't had any requests for a refund yet

I wouldn't expect you to get many. Once people try it, they'll be happy with it. There's just that worry from some prospective buyers that they will be stuck with something. I've had one return in five years of selling my boards.

#193 6 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

pez, a few people have large collections (10+). Is there a reasonable number of games that fit across the screen and are big enough to read? Let's say that number is 10, can you create and open multiple pages? That would allow someone with 30 games to create 3 pages and he could toggle between them. To that end, it would be nice to be able to create a new setup on the fly, if you were visiting somewhere and wanted to build and save a score card. Maybe it is a simple matter of saving different files, but if not consider this a request to implement.

I think you'd struggle with 10 games on one screen. Are you against the scroll feature?

#194 6 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

at 1080p and landscape, it fits about 7 games across. It scrolls with a finger swipe, though, and it has an "idle scroll" feature where it automatically scrolls side to side to show all the games whenever it's idle. the idle time and scroll speed are both configurable.

additionally, you can use your browser's zoom functionality to zoom out and show more games (depending on the browser). Here is what mine looks like zoomed out to 75%:

zoomOut (resized).jpgzoomOut (resized).jpg

#195 6 years ago

Friend had this was fun to post scores for the night great product!

#196 6 years ago

Keep up the good work @pezpunk. Firefly, man I wish...

IMG_0502 (resized).PNGIMG_0502 (resized).PNG

#197 6 years ago

Does anyone know the css code to change the vertical space between the player name and the score ?

#198 6 years ago
    Quoted from KLR2014:

Does anyone know the css code to change the vertical space between the player name and the score ?

Add "margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 0px; " to both the initials and score CSS, then play around with the numbers. It also affects the score entry dialog (or at least it used to), so check that as well when you change them. BTW, you can use negative numbers as well.

#199 6 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Add "margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 0px; " to both the initials and score CSS, then play around with the numbers. It also affects the score entry dialog (or at least it used to), so check that as well when you change them. BTW, you can use negative numbers as well.

Thanks! that works great. Now I can have 10 scores below a game in full screen mode without scrolling

#200 6 years ago

Found a pretty good deal on a 19.5 led touchscreen, how many columns can fit a screen this size?

There are 723 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-iscored-the-game-room-score-tracking-app/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.