(Topic ID: 197845)

Announcing iScored: The Game Room Score Tracking App!

By pezpunk

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM (resized).png
    IMG_4921 (resized).jpg
    Stern-Pinball-Card-QR-Code.jpg
    IMG_7270 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.16.57 PM.png
    5f94192c9400a2739aba6b05e5217f598504e795 (resized).jpg
    7eed67ceda0d71afccb131436cdd03a1b039b475 (resized).jpg
    15865403738562106390691495311667 (resized).jpg
    15865400508534113908964395568461 (resized).jpg
    20200202_162036 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).JPG
    Screenshot from 2019-07-29 13-37-16 (resized).png
    iScored (resized).JPG
    Beatles Iscored theme (resized).png
    There are 723 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.
    #101 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

.... But my intent with this app was to focus on individuals' best, not so much best ever on the game
    One or two players dominating the lists to the point where nobody else ever felt like they achieved anything was actually one of the problems i was trying to address with my app.

I understand, np. I’m onboard!

#102 6 years ago

Any more thoughts on the ability to download our database as a .csv file or similar?

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from DHG:

Any more thoughts on the ability to download our database as a .csv file or similar?

Well, it's on the list with 31 other feature requests (and a half dozen bugs). There are several other features that are going to get done first.

#104 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Well, it's on the list with 31 other feature requests (and a half dozen bugs). There are several other features that are going to get done first.

Well, go buy some Monster's and get rockin'

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from DHG:

Well, go buy some Monster's and get rockin'

Haha, this guy is really wants his back ups!

I bet if you throw Pez some scratch he might consider putting your interrupt request at the top of the list

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from PeterG:

This is a great app, just started this morning and already looking great!!!

Really nice job on the styling on yours! If I set this up I'd need somebody better than me with design to hook up the look. Heh!

#107 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Really nice job on the styling on yours! If I set this up I'd need somebody better than me with design to hook up the look. Heh!

That was exactly my problem! Fortunately, I did get that help. With the drop box and these threads, I'm guessing could too.

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Haha, this guy is really wants his back ups!
    I bet if you throw Pez some scratch he might consider putting your interrupt request at the top of the list

I have no problems with bribery!!

On a no bullshit related note...I have my buddies hard drive that crashed being scanned with data recovery software as we speak.... All his photos.... And no backup!! See.... See .... See how important this is!
    Lol

But seriously I am scanning his crashed drive!!!

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

I created a Dropbox that can host all of our art
    Guys, if you want access to the dropbox, pm me your email address, and you'll be added and Dropbox will email you a link.
    Those that are members of the dropbox, please remember to add your art to it for all to access easily and please help to keep it organized

Chosen_S Any chance I can be added to the Dropbox? Would love to contribute. Thanks!

#110 6 years ago

I may have missed something and I apologise if I did, but can we add our own fonts? Or are we limited to the ones you have added to the database only? Would be good if we could use the ones on our computers.

#111 6 years ago

Works really well, thanks for building this!

I really liked the idea of using the Pinside images as headers, so I stole that. Still working on the fonts.

Layout (resized).jpgLayout (resized).jpg

#112 6 years ago

So I'm trying to think of a way to set this up in my game room. I like the idea of a ~24" touch screen display where people can just touch their own score in, rather than just a regular display. But I'm not sure what to hook up to the display. Would an Apple TV be touch responsive on an external display? It doesn't seem like it would be since an Apple TV is just mirroring a different display, but I don't know for sure.

If I use a 24" touch display, I guess a stick computer would be the best bet?

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from aingide:

I really liked the idea of using the Pinside images as headers, so I stole that idea. Still working on the fonts.

Love the way you've used the characters as backgrounds! Might have to borrow your idea for mine!

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bugsy:

So I'm trying to think of a way to set this up in my game room. I like the idea of a ~24" touch screen display where people can just touch their own score in, rather than just a regular display. But I'm not sure what to hook up to the display. Would an Apple TV be touch responsive on an external display? It doesn't seem like it would be since an Apple TV is just mirroring a different display, but I don't know for sure.
    If I use a 24" touch display, I guess a stick computer would be the best bet?

The display itself has to be touch sensitive, so it depends what kind of display you get. A tablet? You're good to go. A touch monitor? You need a stick PC or something like a Chromecast that you can cast from your laptop.

#115 6 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

The display itself has to be touch sensitive

It is definitely more useful that way, but you can also use it on a standard PC with mouse and keyboard.

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from toeskneez:

I may have missed something and I apologise if I did, but can we add our own fonts? Or are we limited to the ones you have added to the database only? Would be good if we could use the ones on our computers.

well, you can reference 1) any font installed on the server (the ones displayed on the "font help" screen) or 2) any font installed on the device that is displaying iScored. The catch with #2 is if you log in on a device that doesn't have that font installed, it won't look right.

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

any font installed on the server

Would be (very) nice to be able to choose and format the fonts with some sort of dialog. Now I have to guess the color names and when I tried brown I got something like red.

Also a choice of stretching the background images instead of filling would be nice.

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from ronaldvg:

Would be (very) nice to be able to choose and format the fonts with some sort of dialog. Now I have to guess the color names and when I tried brown I got something like red.
    Also a choice of stretching the background images instead of filling would be nice.

You'll have to talk about to the World Wide Web Consortium about that. It's just using HTML for colors and backgrounds.

Here's the list of color names. You can also specify color by hex value, of course.

https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_names.asp

#119 6 years ago

I don't know if i have something to change in my configuration... I'm using Firefox at work with window 7 pro and I can't enter any initial or score with my keyboard or my mouse... work perfectly at home with my Ipad... Maybe windows 7 pro is to old...

#120 6 years ago
    Quoted from Redketchup:

I don't know if i have something to change in my configuration... I'm using Firefox at work with window 7 pro and I can't enter any initial or score with my keyboard or my mouse... work perfectly at home with my Ipad... Maybe windows 7 pro is to old...

nope, it's my fault -- there's a bug with Firefox right now. It's my top priority to fix it. Hopefully later today. for now the only thing i can say is try a different browser i sincerely apologize to my Firefox users right now.

#121 6 years ago

no probleme! I use it at work only for configuration... and it's work

#122 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Here's the list of color names. You can also specify color by hex value, of course.
    https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_names.asp

Thanks. In that list brown is indeed red on my screen. But what I meant was to not have to enter the numbers but just a dialog windows like in Word or Excel. Now it takes a lot of time and experimenting to get something decent.

Just for in the future I mean. Not a thing we need asap, but would be very nice.

#123 6 years ago

For people complaining about fonts. If you have something very specific or complex in mind that the system can't do just create a transparent png in photoshop or something and import it as a game logo.

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from xbmanx:

For people complaining about fonts. If you have something very specific or complex in mind that the system can't do just create a transparent png in photoshop or something and import it as a game logo.

as long as your not trying to do it in the score tracking area

#125 6 years ago

Any chance we could add default styles that mimic EM wheels, alpha numeric, and DMDs. I would be willing to assist with that if you can get me what you'd need.

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from xbmanx:

For people complaining about fonts.

For the record: not complaining at all, options enough. Only stating that it could be much more user friendly. Not everybody is able to change the fonts now. I just copied the line that was in an existing profile and edited with the font names from the Font Help page. Works good, but not too intuitive.

#127 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

nope, it's my fault -- there's a bug with Firefox right now. It's my top priority to fix it. Hopefully later today. for now the only thing i can say is try a different browser i sincerely apologize to my Firefox users right now.

update: Firefox should be working now.

#128 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Any chance we could add default styles that mimic EM wheels, alpha numeric, and DMDs. I would be willing to assist with that if you can get me what you'd need.

That would be awesome. I'm sorry for not accomodating older games better. I was planning on spending a couple weeks plowing through a bunch of new styles, but instead i've decided to spend a couple weeks plowing through the implementation of a Shared Community Styles feature .... coming soon!

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

That would be awesome. I'm sorry for not accomodating older games better. I was planning on spending a couple weeks plowing through a bunch of new styles, but instead i've decided to spend a couple weeks plowing through the implementation of a Shared Community Styles feature .... coming soon!

Send me a PM if this is something you'd like assistance with. I'd be happy to create backgrounds those score boxes. Even just a soft glow for DMDs with an orange font would be cool. No rush at all on my end, I'm excited to get this working in my game room.

#130 6 years ago

Purchased. I think its pretty easy to setup. Good job!

#131 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

update: Firefox should be working now.

working now!

#132 6 years ago
    Quoted from aingide:

I really liked the idea of using the Pinside images as headers, so I stole that. Still working on the fonts.

this looks great, mind sharing your art with the rest of the fellas?

#133 6 years ago
    Quoted from aingide:

I just noticed "Tap Game to Record Your High Score" . Nice idea!

#134 6 years ago

It's coming along. Let me know if anyone else needs a giant picture of Richard Simmons for theirs .

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#135 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

well, you can reference 1) any font installed on the server (the ones displayed on the "font help" screen) or 2) any font installed on the device that is displaying iScored. The catch with #2 is if you log in on a device that doesn't have that font installed, it won't look right.

Hi @pezpunk, tried #2 and it didn't seem to work. I installed some custom fonts on my lappy that runs this, and they didn't change. Maybe I am doing something wrong. WIll try again. Thanks though, fantastic idea nonetheless. Keep up the great work mate!

#136 6 years ago

I'm going to try to create a generic score styles for each eras of machines. I'll see if there is a better font, but here is where I'm at with the DMD.

#137 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm going to try to create some generic styles various eras of machines. I'll see if there is a better font, but here is where I'm at with the DMD.

That looks great!

pezpunk

Have there been any requests for the drop down menu? Is it possible to bring the FULLSCREEN TOGGLE up higher in the menu? I would do it like this;

Username
    Gameroom
    Go Full Screen
    Settings
    FAQ
    Logout

I would remove 'Welcome Screen' complete as I don't ever see that being used. Also 'Logout' brings you back to the 'Welcome Screen' so it's already redundant.

toggle (resized).jpgtoggle (resized).jpg

#138 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fifty:

That looks great!
    pezpunk
    Have there been any requests for the drop down menu? Is it possible to bring the FULLSCREEN TOGGLE up higher in the menu? I would do it like this;
    Username
    Gameroom
    Go Full Screen
    Settings
    FAQ
    Logout
    I would remove 'Welcome Screen' complete as I don't ever see that being used. Also 'Logout' brings you back to the 'Welcome Screen' so it's already redundant.

This^

#139 6 years ago

i could certainly move fullscreen up the list, sure.

Quoted from toeskneez:

Hi pezpunk, tried #2 and it didn't seem to work. I installed some custom fonts on my lappy that runs this, and they didn't change. Maybe I am doing something wrong. WIll try again. Thanks though, fantastic idea nonetheless. Keep up the great work mate!

Hmm, it should work ... On thing is if the font name has spaces in it, you need to surround it with quotes; for example:

font-family: 'Comic Sans MS';

#140 6 years ago
    Quoted from toeskneez:

I installed some custom fonts on my lappy that runs this, and they didn't change.

Do you mean you couldn't use them in the CSS or that they didn't show in the font help menu after installing them? If it's the later, I'm nearly certain they won't show up in the menu.

#141 6 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Do you mean you couldn't use them in the CSS or that they didn't show in the font help menu after installing them? If it's the later, I'm nearly certain they won't show up in the menu.

nope, they won't. unfortunately there's literally no way to probe the browser for what fonts are available specific to your system. i checked.

#142 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

i could certainly move fullscreen up the list, sure.

Hmm, it should work ... On thing is if the font name has spaces in it, you need to surround it with quotes; for example:
    font-family: 'Comic Sans MS';

Ah?! Maybe thats what I am doing wrong? Will try it. Thanks for that.

And herg ? I kind of figured they wouldn't show up in the menu. Thanks

#143 6 years ago

Hey guys, just a heads up on a product recommendation: today my Lenovo stick PC arrived, and it works perfectly.

it's about the size of a Milky Way candy bar, plugs directly into the HDMI slot of the monitor, and it runs iScored no problem. Loads fast, and scrolling is quite smooth at 1080p. it's about $100, and that includes Windows 10 pre-installed. Much easier to set up than the Raspberry Pi 3, clearly a heck of a lot more powerful, and not too much more expensive (once you buy a case, power supply, and cables for the RPi3 -- all of which the Lenovo comes with).

this is the one i bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G729CQW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

#144 6 years ago

What do you guys think of this for DMD scores? The font is a bit odd, but it was the best free font I could find.

#145 6 years ago

try it with font-weight: bold; might look better?

#146 6 years ago

Any plans for a month/yr to go along with a score?

Might be neat to see how long some of these grand champ scores sit at the top.

#147 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

try it with font-weight: bold; might look better?

I tried it, I don't think it make it any better IMHO. Is it only $20 for that paid font "gas". If someone would donate that amount would you add it to the server?

#148 6 years ago

I'm planning on putting this in a semi public place, and while I trust everyone there, I'm wondering if there could be a way to implement an option to hide the drop down menu or have it password protected? I want everyone to be able to enter scores, but I don't want people messing with the layout options. Or some kind of "players" view vs Admin view. Does that make sense?

#149 6 years ago
    Quoted from cabuford:

I'm planning on putting this in a semi public place, and while I trust everyone there, I'm wondering if there could be a way to implement an option to hide the drop down menu or have it password protected? I want everyone to be able to enter scores, but I don't want people messing with the layout options. Or some kind of "players" view vs Admin view. Does that make sense?

Locking out the settings screen is one of the first things I'm planning on adding, look for that next week hopefully.

#150 6 years ago

I just bought it. Screen should be here Sunday, I'm going to start messing with it now. A few things I would like to be able to do are a nightly tournament- best scores of the day. Maybe an age category (under 12 division so my kids can have a rivalry without my scores mixed in). Is any of that possible?

There are 723 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-iscored-the-game-room-score-tracking-app/page/3?hl=toeskneez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.