(Topic ID: 197845)

Announcing iScored: The Game Room Score Tracking App!

By pezpunk

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM (resized).png
    IMG_4921 (resized).jpg
    Stern-Pinball-Card-QR-Code.jpg
    IMG_7270 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.16.57 PM.png
    5f94192c9400a2739aba6b05e5217f598504e795 (resized).jpg
    7eed67ceda0d71afccb131436cdd03a1b039b475 (resized).jpg
    15865403738562106390691495311667 (resized).jpg
    15865400508534113908964395568461 (resized).jpg
    20200202_162036 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).JPG
    Screenshot from 2019-07-29 13-37-16 (resized).png
    iScored (resized).JPG
    Beatles Iscored theme (resized).png
    There are 723 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.
    #701 2 years ago

Not sure if Pez follows this thread anymore, but I know I have seen him active over at tilt forums. Could probably message him there.

#702 2 years ago

get scorbit...

IMG_4921 (resized).jpgIMG_4921 (resized).jpg

#703 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

Some iScored feature enhancements that could make the above significantly more robust would be the ability to let a person create a sub-user account under a paid user's Game Room and require the paid user to approve the initial account creation.
    On subsequent logins/scans of QR code, their initials would be known already cutting down on data entry.
    Conversely, whitelist IP addresses where the "Public" URL could be accessed so only someone connected to your LAN would be able to post a score, or some form of Geofencing.
    This would allow for more security, and give the ability to do things like setup a competition in iScored, alert location patrons of new games added or if one of their scores got bumped off the board, and I am sure much more if I had to really think about it.
    I am not sure if pezpunk is still around here though or taking suggestions.

Even better would be to toggle the public link on/off. So turn it on when the party starts and then turn it off when the party is over. This limits the time when someone could mess with the scores.

#704 2 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

get scorbit...
    [quoted image]

Scorebit also costs money. On location sure. For home use it's overkill. I have it setup on my Wonka.

1 month later
    #705 2 years ago

Is this app up to date with the latest titles? Still functional?

Need something for friends and family to track all their high scores!

#706 2 years ago

Yes, it's still functional. New games are typically added by users pretty quickly, and you can add any game you want if there is not already a theme in the community library.

#707 2 years ago

Awesome!

If you purchase once, can you download it to other devices? Like on my old ass ipad, then onto something else when I upgrade to something larger?

#708 2 years ago

It's a web service, so you can use it on any number of devices. I have mine displayed on a tablet in my gameroom, but I usually use my phone to enter scores.

#709 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Awesome!
    If you purchase once, can you download it to other devices? Like on my old ass ipad, then onto something else when I upgrade to something larger?

Quoted from herg:

It's a web service, so you can use it on any number of devices. I have mine displayed on a tablet in my gameroom, but I usually use my phone to enter scores.

Yeah like herg said, it's web-based so anything that can access the web. While I maintain a big whiteboard with the all-time high scores, I keep them in iScored too (for people who don't make the top 10, for later PR reference). Where I find iScored really comes in handy is for mini-tournaments I occasionally host with friends/coworkers -- I enter the scores on a phone/tablet but I have a smartTV in that room displaying the scores in real time for all the players to see.

(note, I hide the 'real' instance of the game and then add extra instances of the game for use in the tournament)

#710 2 years ago

Downloaded - What a game changer!

Hard to convince anyone to download the Pindigo app, but this will definitely open up some friendly competition

#711 2 years ago

Running this on a 34" touch screen monitor with mini stick pc. Very nice. Been working solid for over 3 years.

#712 2 years ago

Any minimum requirements for a mini pc stick? Was googling for a slim solution yesterday, but didn’t even know what my options were - This is it!

#713 2 years ago

My mini pc runs Windows 10

1 month later
    #714 2 years ago

What happened to @pezpunk?

#715 2 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I can be contacted at [email protected]. There is an iScored thread on Tilt Forums -- http://tiltforums.com/t/announcing-iscored-game-room-score-tracking-app/3158/5 -- feel free to top it if you want to discuss iScored with me and others publicly. You can find news about iScored on its Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/iScored.info/ , and I'm going to implement a "what's new" page on iScored, so that new features can be communicated directly to users when they use the app. I can also be found skulking around various pinball locations in the Northern Virginia / DC area. By all means say hi if you see a guy in purple chucks cussing out a game.

#716 2 years ago

Does anyone know if it’s possible to have a temporary gameroom for a tourny night? Where you can delete it then it goes back to your normal high score game room?

#717 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to have a temporary gameroom for a tourny night? Where you can delete it then it goes back to your normal high score game room?

I believe you can hide certain columns, so you can hide your normal game room to create temporary columns for the tournament. Then delete the temp columns and unhide your normal game columns.

#718 2 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

I believe you can hide certain columns, so you can hide your normal game room to create temporary columns for the tournament. Then delete the temp columns and unhide your normal game columns.

This is exactly what I do. Make 2 copies of every game in your gameroom, only view the ones you want.

#719 2 years ago

Done! Thanks so much guys, this is awesome!

2 months later
    #720 1 year ago

Added a new Walking Dead (TWD) layout to the community list.

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM.png
    9 months later
    #721 1 year ago

Anyone still using this that can create a 007 game for the list?

#722 1 year ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Easy to make it yourself. I know there is a large community using this.

#723 1 year ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I threw one together. Should be available.

There are 723 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-iscored-the-game-room-score-tracking-app/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.