(Topic ID: 197845)

Announcing iScored: The Game Room Score Tracking App!

By pezpunk

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 5.47.41 PM (resized).png
    IMG_4921 (resized).jpg
    Stern-Pinball-Card-QR-Code.jpg
    IMG_7270 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.16.57 PM.png
    5f94192c9400a2739aba6b05e5217f598504e795 (resized).jpg
    7eed67ceda0d71afccb131436cdd03a1b039b475 (resized).jpg
    15865403738562106390691495311667 (resized).jpg
    15865400508534113908964395568461 (resized).jpg
    20200202_162036 (resized).jpg
    iscored (resized).JPG
    Screenshot from 2019-07-29 13-37-16 (resized).png
    iScored (resized).JPG
    Beatles Iscored theme (resized).png
    There are 723 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 15.
    #601 5 years ago

Got bored so decided to do some Ghostbuster styles since I wasn't too keen on the existing ones. And the artwork on Ghostbusters is really awesome and colorful it needed the proper treatment.

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 4.58.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-09 at 4.58.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-09 at 4.59.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-09 at 4.59.11 PM.png
    #602 5 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

You're right -- and based on this feedback, I just pushed out an update with some improved dialog boxes:
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    Thanks again for the comments and suggestions, and please let me know if this screwed anything else up!

*Nitpick alert* That should be a capital "N" after the Wait... What? No.

#603 5 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

You're right -- and based on this feedback, I just pushed out an update with some improved dialog boxes:
    Thanks again for the comments and suggestions, and please let me know if this screwed anything else up!

THANK YOU for implementing this!!! This is a huge improvement. I appreciate that you listen to us!

#604 5 years ago

If someone wanted to make some styles for Dirty Harry and Comet I wouldn't be offended

#605 5 years ago

I busted up my old tablet, basically totaling it. I wanted to replace it, but didn't want to spend all that much. I wanted a 10" tablet that could run this app, as well as a dart score keeping app. I found this, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how well it performs. The detachable keyboard is also surprisingly functional:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/45804384?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227034217313&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=72864759512&wl4=pla-142287767312&wl5=9018941&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=45804384&wl13=&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQjwxvbdBRC0ARIsAKmec9bAPIUG_8LL52E6tfLZDiXOKqlR7JyIACj5Zlc0ajdNOMz_yDEiJBYaAti8EALw_wcB

It's $80. I didn't think it would, but it also actually runs pinball fx2 pretty darn well!

#606 5 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]

FWIW, I'm not getting the Existing Score is Higher note. Whether the new score is higher or lower, I only get the Duplicate Name popup. Which, technically, is fine -- because it shows the old score so I can choose to overwrite or not.

#607 5 years ago
    Quoted from SkyKing2301:

FWIW, I'm not getting the Existing Score is Higher note. Whether the new score is higher or lower, I only get the Duplicate Name popup. Which, technically, is fine -- because it shows the old score so I can choose to overwrite or not.

If you enter a duplicate name, first it confirms for that, and then if you say yes, then it does the lower-higher check. so you SHOULD get the second popup immediately after the first, if you answer yes. let me know if that's not happening, and also let me know what browser you're using -- it's possible the javascript for one popup is stomping on the javascript for the other popup on certain browsers (it seems to work fine in Chrome for me...)

#608 5 years ago
    Quoted from BrewNinja:

If someone wanted to make some styles for Dirty Harry

I'm not sure how much I like it. The letters and numbers seem weird to me. But that's what I got for now. Easy to adjust if it doesn't look all that great.

I wanted to add a little bit of purple into it since the bottom half of the playfield has a good shade of purple to it.

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 12.28.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-11 at 12.28.16 PM.png

#609 5 years ago

Both DH and Comet have been shared in the community section.

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 1.22.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-11 at 1.22.08 PM.png
    #610 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bugsy:

Both DH and Comet have been shared in the community section.

You rock Bugsy! Appreciate it!

1 week later
    #611 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bugsy:

Any other requests to have a style made for a particular game?

Would you be willing to do a couple less popular games? Silver Slugger and Cactus Jack's

Added over 5 years ago:

I put up my attempt at these games tonight, good enough...ty anyway

1 month later
    #612 5 years ago

I posted a World Poker Tour. Its not great, but there wasn't anything before so I figured I would share it.

WPT (resized).pngWPT (resized).png
    #613 5 years ago

I sold a game and returned one that I had borrowed, so it's time to remove them from display. I'd like to save the scores, though. I've already taken a screenshot of them, but I was wondering if I was missing a way to not have them display, but also not fully delete them. Maybe I'll end up owning those games again.

#614 5 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

I sold a game and returned one that I had borrowed, so it's time to remove them from display. I'd like to save the scores, though. I've already taken a screenshot of them, but I was wondering if I was missing a way to not have them display, but also not fully delete them. Maybe I'll end up owning those games again.

I would like an option to store a game as well. Any chance of tournament support in time for the holiday parties?

#615 5 years ago

I'm not the most tech savvy person but want to give this ap a try.

I'd need to start from scratch and purchase everything. Would this work on say a 24" touchscreen monitor? I'd like to mount this on a wall in the game room.

Links would be great to show the wife what I'd need. Thinking this would make for an excellent Christmas present!

By the way I tried to private mail you and got an account deactivated????

#616 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bugsy:

I'm not sure how much I like it. The letters and numbers seem weird to me. But that's what I got for now. Easy to adjust if it doesn't look all that great.
    I wanted to add a little bit of purple into it since the bottom half of the playfield has a good shade of purple to it.
    [quoted image]

You are Awesome for sharing these. PLEASE do JJP POTC, and Fathom, Embryon. Show us the magic and Thank you for doing these!!!

#617 5 years ago
    Quoted from MikeHogue:

I'd need to start from scratch and purchase everything. Would this work on say a 24" touchscreen monitor? I'd like to mount this on a wall in the game room.

I have successfully tested this on a 27" touch screen (Hanns.G HT273), using a Raspberry Pi 3B+ to drive it. I find the scrolling a little bit slow/sluggish using the Pi, and I had to use pretty simple themes to keep it fast enough for my taste, but apart from that the whole thing works just fine.

#618 5 years ago
    Quoted from MikeHogue:

I'm not the most tech savvy person but want to give this ap a try.
    Links would be great to show the wife what I'd need. Thinking this would make for an excellent Christmas present!

these are the two items I purchased to run mine...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0181JTPCU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00 $84.00

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KEEMS1U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00 $276.99

works like a charm!!

#619 5 years ago
    Quoted from MikeHogue:

Yup, looks like he has left the building. Hope the site continues but this is what a lot of people were concerned about if he ever lost interest in maintaining the database.

#620 5 years ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

these are the two items I purchased to run mine...
    amazon.com link » $84.00
    amazon.com link » $276.99
    works like a charm!!

Perfect!
    Thank you so much!

#621 5 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Yup, looks like he has left the building. Hope the site continues but this is what a lot of people were concerned about if he ever lost interest in maintaining the database.

I haven't seen that he has lost interest in maintaining the database, only that he's taking a break from Pinside. Imagine that!

I would be surprised if an email to his iScored support address didn't still get answered quickly.

#622 5 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

I haven't seen that he has lost interest in maintaining the database, only that he's taking a break from Pinside. Imagine that!
    I would be surprised if an email to his iScored support address didn't still get answered quickly.

That is true, I am just surprised that he would take the effort to deactivate his account which would stop people messaging about the software. I hope that is the case, I love the program and use it every time we have a get together!

#623 5 years ago

Stress test imminent! I'm going to install the 27" + Raspberry Pi + iScored setup in a public bar/arcade tomorrow. Here's to hoping the unwashed masses a) understand it, and b) behave.

#624 5 years ago

Hey everyone!

This message contains several important topics. I've broken it into sections, to make it easier to skip any parts you don't care about. Here's the agenda:

1. iScored Current and Future Status
    2. New Features
    3. Explanation for Deactivating My Pinside Account
    4. iScored Contact / Community Discussion / News / etc.

iScored Current and Future Status
    First off, let me apologize for any confusions or uncertainty that deactivating my Pinside account may have caused. My interest in maintaining the app and indeed my interest in pinball has never been stronger. I can assure everyone that iScored will remain online for years to come -- it's already pre-paid as far into the future as my hosting provider will allow, and as far as I'm concerned, it's earned enough to keep running indefinitely. So no worries on that front.

New Features
    I have fixed several bugs recently. Most notably, I recently updated iScored so that sessions should no longer expire unless the user explicitly logs out. This means you won't have to log on every time, and you won't be unexpectedly logged out anymore. This new feature is in fact already live and should be working. Let me know if you have issues -- email me at [email protected] . I know it's been an annoyance since day one, so I'm glad I think I've finally got it working as intended.

I'm also still actively working on other new features. I'd like to share my current design for the next update, which is focused on basic tournament or event support. There are several components to this functionality:

1) The ability to easily enable/disable games from the Settings screen, so you can hide games that aren't in the tournament (or for any other reason), without deleting them altogether.

2) A new button on the settings screen labeled "Create Tournament".

• When clicked, the Create Tournament button shows you a list of all your games, and prompts you to select which ones are in the tournament or event you are hosting.
    • Next, the app creates a clone of each selected tournament game.
    • This cloned game uses the same graphics and fonts, has no scores, and has the current date appended to its name (so if you select Funhouse, you will have both "Funhouse" and "Funhouse - 12/1/2018" in your game list). I may also add a trophy icon to its header image in the gameroom, to distinguish the "tournament game" from your regular version of the game.
    • The app then automatically marks all of your regular games as hidden, so only the tournament games are displayed in your gameroom.
    • If desired, you can manually hide/show any of the other games in your gameroom -- it just automatically hides the non-tournament games as a convenience.
    • When the tournament is over, you can set the tournament games to hidden to keep them for posterity, or delete them, if desired.

3) I may also add an "end tournament" button too, which automatically re-enables all your original games, and hides the tournament versions of these games, basically restoring your gameroom to its prior state. We'll see. (I'm still trying to decided if that button would be worth the considerable development effort, and worth the risk of breaking peoples' gamerooms if it bugs out.)

These features have been the most challenging ones for me to design so far, because it seems like there are a lot of different ways people want to use iScored for events and tournaments. I hope this solution is flexible enough to meet most peoples' needs.

Also, I want to note that there are still a ton of features left on my to-do list, so it's not like this is any kind of final update or anything like that. I won't rehash the laundry list again, but rest assured that if it's been suggested, and I haven't specifically nixed the idea as never gonna happen, then it's probably on the to-do list.

Tentatively, following tournament support, I plan to add support for different score types, such as displaying scores in ascending order (for games like golf) as well as time-based scores (racing games, track and field, etc).

Furthermore, I'm going to be adding a "What's New" page to the iScored main menu, which will flash when there are new features to read about.

Explanation for Deactivating my Pinside Account
    Reluctantly, I feel I owe you all an explanation for my departure from Pinside. To clarify, it's the public explanation I am reluctant about, not the decision to leave. So before I risk opening this can of worms, please, I insist I'm not trying to cause additional drama or start any kind of discussion about it. I intend to deactivate my account again after posting this, so I'll be unable to respond anyway (a deactivated Pinside account cannot be reactivated for at least 30 days). I'm only writing this out so that people don't make up their own reasons for why I'm gone. My hope is that people register their reactions to this part of my post either privately or elsewhere or not at all. So anyway. The reason I'm leaving Pinside is because I do not wish to participate in a community so rife with casual misogyny and transphobia, and I do not believe the mods or site operators take complaints about these things seriously. I am not the type to make a big dumb "I'M QUITTING PINSIDE!!" tantrum thread. I simply quietly disabled my account 30 days ago and moved on. But it occurs to me that as the developer of iScored, I do have to at least answer basic questions about what's up. So hopefully that's what I've done. I'm not interested in nor able to debate the topic further, since my account will again be voluntarily disabled after this post.

iScored Contact / Community Discussion / News / etc.
    As mentioned above, iScored will continue on unabated, as will development of new features. The tournament stuff is already being coded. My love of pinball has diminished not at all. I still love playing at home and in my league, and I hope to participate in Pinburgh and other tournaments as much as (if not more than) ever.

I can be contacted at [email protected]. There is an iScored thread on Tilt Forums -- http://tiltforums.com/t/announcing-iscored-game-room-score-tracking-app/3158/5 -- feel free to top it if you want to discuss iScored with me and others publicly. You can find news about iScored on its Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/iScored.info/ , and I'm going to implement a "what's new" page on iScored, so that new features can be communicated directly to users when they use the app. I can also be found skulking around various pinball locations in the Northern Virginia / DC area. By all means say hi if you see a guy in purple chucks cussing out a game.

I also hope this thread remains open, so that people here can continue to discuss it and pass on information or answer questions for each other.

And finally, thank you all so much for your outstanding support and contributions to this project. Your ideas and your designs are what made it what it is. Please keep firing it up when you have folks over, and don't be afraid to give them a little nudge to start using it! Thanks again, everyone. See you around.

-Dan Reynolds (aka PEZ)

#625 5 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

iScored will continue on unabated, as will development of new features.

Awesome news. I was fearful he was getting burned out by all the feature requests, but it seems we will be good to go to use this for years to come, which is a relief seeing as how I bought a big touch screen monitor and micro PC specifically for this.

#626 5 years ago
    Quoted from kickthefog:

Awesome news. I was fearful he was getting burned out by all the feature requests, but it seems we will be good to go to use this for years to come, which is a relief seeing as how I bought a big touch screen monitor and micro PC specifically for this.

This has been a great idea from the start. I have no idea how many users have signed up and paid their money, but i suspect it’s a lot and the potential to grow seems to be there. I do wonder with the one time purchase for life just how the incentive to keep it going after sales start to slow from saturation. I worry if it’ll eventually just die on the vine.

I would have been happy to pay $10-15/yr subscription fee to keep this going. Maybe he’ll switch at some point to a subscription model for new users and keep the original subscribers lifetime purchase still valid. I joined another forum early once and saw this happen after they reached enough users to grow by word of mouth. Was nice to be in early with no fees while still seeing the site supported by new users subscriptions.

#627 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

I do wonder with the one time purchase for life just how the incentive to keep it going after sales start to slow from saturation.

Well, I for one have purchased it twice: One for my home game room and one for a bar/arcade location where I operate pins. If I ever expand to more locations, I'm likely to purchase an account for each of those as well.

#628 5 years ago

Just bought the software and looks like a great addition to the gameroom. Anyone have a Bride of Pinbot theme or Avatar theme to share?

#629 5 years ago

Wondering if someone can help get a new game added?

Been trying to format some header and background art to add Beatles into my game room and I’m whiffing big time!

#630 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Been trying to format some header and background art to add Beatles into my game room and I’m whiffing big time!

If you PM me the art that you are trying to format, I'd be more than willing to give it a shot.

#631 5 years ago

Anyone else been looking for an X-Men theme? I have the Wolverine LE, and my attempts to create anything have been awful

#632 5 years ago

Hoping tournament support is added by New Years Eve! I know, very unlikely, but I try to get people involved in playing on NYE and this would be a perfect way to track the prizes. I will zero everything out for the party if I have to.

#633 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

Hoping tournament support is added by New Years Eve! I know, very unlikely, but I try to get people involved in playing on NYE and this would be a perfect way to track the prizes. I will zero everything out for the party if I have to.

Couldn't you add extra machines in the app for the tournament?

#634 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

Couldn't you add extra machines in the app for the tournament?

Do you mean add every game again and call it tournament or something? That could work, might be confusing for non tech people.

#635 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

Do you mean add every game again and call it tournament or something? That could work, might be confusing for non tech people.

Yeah, that's what I meant -- I haven't tried it to see what it looks like though, so not 100% sure if it's feasible. It'd hopefully let you keep your current scores tho.

#636 5 years ago

This may be crazy talk, but the license is cheap, right? Get a second license. Use that one for tourneys.

#637 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Finally got around to putting something together. I've shared it with the Community. Tell me if I'm on the right track.

Beatles Iscored theme (resized).pngBeatles Iscored theme (resized).png

#638 5 years ago

Has anyone tried using the ACER UT241Y touch screen monitor with a touchstick pc plugged directly into it? Been trying to research this combination, but since it's a relatively new monitor (June 2018) there's not much info out there. I had read somewhere that some of the touchscreen monitors only work if you have a computer connected via a USB-C cable... and with the touchstick computers, I'm not sure if this is possible. Seems that most of the touchstick computers connect via HDMI directly.

#639 5 years ago

From iScored Facebook Page …

Happy New Year!! To celebrate, here's a new feature update to iScored! You can now hide / unhide games, which should be a big help to anyone running any New Years Eve pinball events.

iScored (resized).JPGiScored (resized).JPG
    #640 5 years ago

PEZ you’re the best. Thank you for keeping this up.

1 week later
    #641 5 years ago

Successfully got iscored.info running on my new 24" Acer touchscreen montior (ACER UT241Y) with a Raspberry pi 3 B+. Speed seems to be acceptable... maybe slightly slower than on my iMac, but more than acceptable.

Next step is to mount it on my gameroom wall and then I will post some pics. I am excited to get this up because my kids have very little chance to get their scores posted on the actual games due to the GC and other high scores being so high. This will hopefully fuel their fire to achieve higher and higher scores... time will tell (they still like fortnight better than pins anyway).

#642 5 years ago

I had some thoughts I wanted to share with pezpunk. I tried to email Dan with the link but it didn’t work. Could someone share his email address with me? I don’t do Facebook as I had one of the bad Facebook experiences. Thanks in advance!

#643 5 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I can be contacted at [email protected]. There is an iScored thread on Tilt Forums -- http://tiltforums.com/t/announcing-iscored-game-room-score-tracking-app/3158/5 -- ...
    -Dan Reynolds (aka PEZ)

MikeHogue here ya go buddy. from one of pez's earlier posts in this thread.

#644 5 years ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

here ya go buddy. from one of pez's earlier posts in this thread.

Yeah, that's the link I tried but it didn't work for me.

#646 5 years ago

I tried it again while on the site.
    Thanks everyone!

3 months later
    #647 4 years ago

Just bought this today, seems great so far.

Am I right in thinking if there is no style for a game you cannot add it to your games room ?
    When I click on add game i get
    -----------
    Create New Game
    Type the name of your game in the Search box below. You can either use style from our community, or create a blank game with no styling.
    ------------

which seems to imply you can create a game without a style ?

Is there any instructions or templates etc for creating styles ?
    Im looking for a few that are not on there yet. Happy to create them if only i knew how..

looking for
    Bride of Pinbot
    Magic Castle
    Playball
    Space Station
    Starship Troopers
    X's and O's

Any pointers or HOW TOs etc greatly received

Cheers
    Ian

#648 4 years ago

Hi Ian,
    You can create your own game styles - under setup, choice add new game, then create blank game. You can add a header picture, background picture, change font styles, etc. Its pretty easy. If you like what you make for a particular title, upload it to the community so it will be available for everybody.
    Good luck!

#649 4 years ago

Yeah thanks Player One, its seems to be working now but I'm pretty certain it wasn't working yesterday when I tried it (on my ipad) there was no 'create blank game' option....

I tried it this morning on my Mac and the option was there, then i tried it again on my iPad and it was there also.

Maybe just a blip, or possibly a blip in my sight

Thanks for your advise
    Ian

3 weeks later
    #650 4 years ago

Is this still the best option for this category? I am getting ready to try and buy.

There are 723 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-iscored-the-game-room-score-tracking-app/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.